Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training camp thread

Discuss training camp here.

Did anybody readthe Ravens preview in the Sun? It was preety good, in Mike Prestons article it sounded like Rick Neuhisel(sp) loves Demetrius. Also in the Willis McGahee article Ray said this about him "The same attitude we have on defense he has on offense", "If you're around him when he smiles, you understand how he really feels cmfortable being around us". McGahee didn't take #23 because he was looking for a fresh start. The sun is comparing McGahee coming here to Bettis going to Pitt and Ricky Williams going to Miami about how there careers took off. McGahee also said he is fully comfortable and can make all cuts now after the injury.

So is anybody going to go to training camp this year?

My car was totaled about 2 weeks ago, so I haven't been able to make a trip up to McDaniel. I hope to go at least once before the end of camp.

Comment

Jared Gaither popped Suggs in drills suggs said "He Shocked Me" and " I like the kid, I think he can help us win some games" in his press conference after practice!

And Prescott Burgess absolutely drilled Willis!!!! :)
      Last edited by EdReedUnstoppable; 07-31-2007, 07:59 AM.
      HALL OF FAMER!
      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

HAHA I am so pumped about Gaither, I read in the paper today that T-sizzle is built he got a lot bigger then Ray and looks like a true DE instead of a LB.

Comment

Yeah I heard Prescott Burgess laid a big hit on Willis and made him fumble. Great for Burgess. I hear Willis looks good as well. All good news so far. I should be heading up soon.

Comment

I found a couple articles about the Ravens for you guys. They all have a bit about Prescott Burgess in them, since I'm a Michigan fan, and I like checking up on guys. It sounds like he's at least doing alright for you guys, in camp admittedly.

"The defense was fooled a few times on a pseudo screen and flare pass to the back side. They took their frustration out a few plays later when PJ Daniels ran the ball off tackle and was leveled by rookie Prescott Burgess. After a few more hits like that, Billick yelled to his players to stay up and off the ground in an effort to minimize the risk of injuries during live action."

" Burgess looks like a beast at inside linebacker showing good range and instincts, enabling him to meet the ball carrier at the desired spot."

http://extremeravens.com/columnists/...1_20070730650/

"while Burgess, 6’3”, 245 pounds, comes from the highly-touted program at Michigan. Both players have attacking styles, good athleticism and love to punish people on the field.

Burgess was thought of as too slow to make an impact on the field after his rather pedestrian forty times at the combine. However, the Ravens looked over the tapes of his games and realized he falls into the realm of many players. Some players have what is called “game speed”, where they sense what is happening in front of them and are able to anticipate and explode to the ball carrier."

http://extremeravens.com/columnists/...e_20070723649/

"WESTMINSTER, Md. - The first hour of the first day of training camp had barely passed when a rookie linebacker named Prescott Burgess lowered his head into Willis McGahee's chest.

McGahee, the prized running back going at half speed, fell to the ground and fumbled away the football."

"Only yesterday, there were supposed to be no real hits as head coach Brian Billick had his players dress in full pads but not go full out.

"Sometimes, you have to go to the young guys and tell them, 'You have to be careful with that,'" said Ray Lewis, the All-Pro linebacker and always demonstrative leader of the Ravens' rugged defense.

"[Billick] had just told us to be careful," Lewis said, "telling these young guys not to run full speed and make a name for yourself when we're not going live."

Then, Lewis smiled in appreciation at the hit, giving a tacit approval that comes from linebackers with 11 years in the NFL and a Hall of Fame bust awaiting them one day.

"Willis was just trying to run through the hole and the young guy laid him out," Lewis said. "Willis didn't like it. But it's still football, so it was good stuff.""

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/patri...820.xml&coll=1

Originally posted by Jakey
            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Wow just the watched training camp thingy on CSN. Gaither looks great, it's a shame we didn't go after him. He even said he was a skins fan :( .

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                I found a couple articles about the Ravens for you guys. They all have a bit about Prescott Burgess in them, since I'm a Michigan fan, and I like checking up on guys. It sounds like he's at least doing alright for you guys, in camp admittedly.

"The defense was fooled a few times on a pseudo screen and flare pass to the back side. They took their frustration out a few plays later when PJ Daniels ran the ball off tackle and was leveled by rookie Prescott Burgess. After a few more hits like that, Billick yelled to his players to stay up and off the ground in an effort to minimize the risk of injuries during live action."

" Burgess looks like a beast at inside linebacker showing good range and instincts, enabling him to meet the ball carrier at the desired spot."

http://extremeravens.com/columnists/...1_20070730650/

"while Burgess, 6’3”, 245 pounds, comes from the highly-touted program at Michigan. Both players have attacking styles, good athleticism and love to punish people on the field.

Burgess was thought of as too slow to make an impact on the field after his rather pedestrian forty times at the combine. However, the Ravens looked over the tapes of his games and realized he falls into the realm of many players. Some players have what is called “game speed”, where they sense what is happening in front of them and are able to anticipate and explode to the ball carrier."

http://extremeravens.com/columnists/...e_20070723649/

"WESTMINSTER, Md. - The first hour of the first day of training camp had barely passed when a rookie linebacker named Prescott Burgess lowered his head into Willis McGahee's chest.

McGahee, the prized running back going at half speed, fell to the ground and fumbled away the football."

"Only yesterday, there were supposed to be no real hits as head coach Brian Billick had his players dress in full pads but not go full out.

"Sometimes, you have to go to the young guys and tell them, 'You have to be careful with that,'" said Ray Lewis, the All-Pro linebacker and always demonstrative leader of the Ravens' rugged defense.

"[Billick] had just told us to be careful," Lewis said, "telling these young guys not to run full speed and make a name for yourself when we're not going live."

Then, Lewis smiled in appreciation at the hit, giving a tacit approval that comes from linebackers with 11 years in the NFL and a Hall of Fame bust awaiting them one day.

"Willis was just trying to run through the hole and the young guy laid him out," Lewis said. "Willis didn't like it. But it's still football, so it was good stuff.""

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/patri...820.xml&coll=1
                I am shocked I thought he was just going to be a special teamer, I love people that go full effort like that. at 6'3 245 he has good size 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  I am shocked I thought he was just going to be a special teamer, I love people that go full effort like that. at 6'3 245 he has good size 2.
                  I like the fact that I was the first on the Prescott bandwagon when we drafted him!!! I <3 PRESCOTT BURGESS!!!
                  HALL OF FAMER!
                  PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                  JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

yes you started it, I guess you can add me in, I love it when players go 110&#37;during simple drills, it show he has intensity that is tough to teach.

Comment

Sounds like you guys had a good day 3 of camp.

"Prescott Burgess had some trouble with some of the alignments, but made up for the slight confusion with solid play and more hard hits."

http://extremeravens.com/columnists/...3_20070801722/

Originally posted by Jakey
                      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Antwan Barnes went down in camp today, no news on the extent of the injury as of yet.

EDIT: Apparently he's walking around with out crutches, his ankle is just heavily taped. It seems to be an ankle sprain and not a serious injury.
                        Last edited by BigDawg819; 08-01-2007, 06:51 PM.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I know it's early, but we seem to be hearing more good about Burgess than Barnes...makes ya wonder...

Comment

well it only has been 3 days and Barnes is injured it isn't making me wonder at all.

Comment

yeah ya'lls camp is no lie 3 minutes from my house, i jump across 140 and im there

too bad im a steeler fan... all this purple is making me sick

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information