Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ravens Off Topic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • McNabb kind of scares me at this point, ala a Steve McNair. McNabb has definitely regressed since the Super Bowl year and has definitely shown he needs a full compliment of weapons on offense to be successful and we know we don't have that. I know I called the McNabb to Baltimore thing after the Eagles drafted Kolb with their first pick this year but now I'd be really tentative about bringing him in.

    Magical sig by OSUGiants

    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


    Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

    Comment


    • I agree, I think we start over and build around a QB we take in the 1st this year. If we get McNabb it will just be us trying to squeak out another contender year but I believe our window is shut.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        I agree, I think we start over and build around a QB we take in the 1st this year. If we get McNabb it will just be us trying to squeak out another contender year but I believe our window is shut.
        I'm tired of this "window" talk quite frankly. All it does is build expectations for players and fans and in the NFL too many things can go wrong to expect to only be able to compete for a 2-3 year "window". We have some guys in place at certain positions to be a solid team for years to come and Matt Stover is going to kick until he's 67 or something. We need to rid ourselves of some bloated contracts, draft a few impact studs, get a completely new offensive system and see where 2008 takes us.

        Magical sig by OSUGiants

        SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


        Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

        So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

        Comment


        • about our new offensive system, I could actually see us developing a nice offense in the future. We have 2 stud WR, a O-line with good potential perhaps we re-work Heap deal and he gets healthy he is a quality TE and we got McGahee, we draft a young QB and if he develops to a above average QB we will have a nice offense.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
            about our new offensive system, I could actually see us developing a nice offense in the future. We have 2 stud WR, a O-line with good potential perhaps we re-work Heap deal and he gets healthy he is a quality TE and we got McGahee, we draft a young QB and if he develops to a above average QB we will have a nice offense.
            Lets stop saying Clayton and DWill are "studs" until they actually prove it on the field. We as Ravens fans always overhype our players and this is no different. I mean Mason and Clayton are basically the same receiver, DWill is still unpolished, Darling had one decent game in 3 years, its not like we're set in the receiver department.

            Magical sig by OSUGiants

            SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


            Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

            So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

            Comment


            • well I should have called them talented instead.

              Comment


              • Not that anyone cares but UMD wrestling just beat University of Michigan 18-17. Michigan was #5 in the nation. WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                  McNabb kind of scares me at this point, ala a Steve McNair. McNabb has definitely regressed since the Super Bowl year and has definitely shown he needs a full compliment of weapons on offense to be successful and we know we don't have that. I know I called the McNabb to Baltimore thing after the Eagles drafted Kolb with their first pick this year but now I'd be really tentative about bringing him in.
                  Yeah I'm not high at all on bringing McNabb here. Like you said it could turn into a bit of a McNair situation. Not only will he cost a boatload, but I'm just not sure how good he is or would be with us.

                  The scenario that I want to see and I think we will probably see is us take one of the big three quarterbacks in the first (Brohm if I had my choice). Then you let Kyle start for a year and hand it over to the draft pick when Boller's contract is up. If we are unable to get any of the big 3 in the first, I think you look at the free agent market for a guy who is fairly young who can give Boller some competition for that #1 spot. If I had my choice I'd shell out a pick for Matt Cassell of the Pats.

                  Comment


                  • My only problem with Cassell is he's never been "the guy" in college or in the pros. Yes he's had incredible talent in front of him at both places but still that doesn't mean he can be "the guy".

                    Magical sig by OSUGiants

                    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                    Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                      My only problem with Cassell is he's never been "the guy" in college or in the pros. Yes he's had incredible talent in front of him at both places but still that doesn't mean he can be "the guy".
                      This is true but I personally see him as a low risk high reward type guy. Yes we'd likely have to give up a decent pick for him, but nothing outrageous and if he doesn't work out as we planned, we have a nice backup. I think we've seen how important that is this year. If he's good enough to be the top backup at QB for the best team I've ever seen, I've got to think he's good enough for us. Also keep in mind that I favor this situation if we are unable to grab one of the big 3.

                      Comment


                      • I thought Rohan Davey was a much better backup than Cassell, but look where he is now.

                        Sig By:The Dynasty

                        2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                          I thought Rohan Davey was a much better backup than Cassell, but look where he is now.
                          Davey lost his job to Cassell.

                          Comment


                          • I know it's just a dream, but with the tragic passing of ST, as much as I hate to think about it, eventually we must move on and replace him and it was just a dream but if we somehow pry Dawan from you guys. The Landry brothers would be historic. They will jack you up, maybe get burn't in coverage at times but both would be the most intimidating forces in the NFL. Although they are both similar which could be a problem, I think LaRon has enough range to move around.

                            Sig By:The Dynasty

                            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                            Comment


                            • I always draft the Landry brothers when I do a madden draft.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                                I know it's just a dream, but with the tragic passing of ST, as much as I hate to think about it, eventually we must move on and replace him and it was just a dream but if we somehow pry Dawan from you guys. The Landry brothers would be historic. They will jack you up, maybe get burn't in coverage at times but both would be the most intimidating forces in the NFL. Although they are both similar which could be a problem, I think LaRon has enough range to move around.
                                No way we give up Dawan. Well maybe for a first rounder.... ;)

                                Magical sig by OSUGiants

                                SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                                Originally posted by Job
                                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                                So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information