Clear All

• New Center Next Year

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...ase_Flynn.aspx

Hopefully Chris Chester can be the guy.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Good underrated player but I think he jsut had to go. Good Move by the FO. I think once Chester settles into the spot he should be solid. Anyone think we should take a C in the draft just to push Chester and have some backup incase he can't fill the role?

Comment

wow are we going young on the o-line. it was the right move though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Yeah, I think we're going to take a Center in the mid rounds like 4th or 5th, probably with a compensation pick that we get. But I think that Chris Chester can step up and be the starter, we just need to get some depth in the position.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

I'm actually quite shocked by this move. It is of course the right decision for the future but I was almost certain that the FO wouldn't have the nerve to cut the cord with Flynn. Alright Chester, the job is yours for the taking. Make it count.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

There is talk that Jason Brown will slide over to center. I would rather see him at center instead of Chester.

I'm glad the front office is starting to cut the aging veterans now. One of the main reasons why Flynn has been the center so long was Brian Billick. Billick was very loyal to his veterans. It was time to get younger as well as free up some money to sign other players.

Comment

I have heard the Brown to Center rumors, and if it happened I'd like to see our line be...

LT Gaither
              LG Yanda
              C Brown
              RG Grubbs
              RT Terry/Draft Pick
              HALL OF FAMER!
              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                I have heard the Brown to Center rumors, and if it happened I'd like to see our line be...

LT Gaither
                LG Yanda
                C Brown
                RG Grubbs
                RT Terry/Draft Pick
                Im not really sold on either Terry or Gaither yet so I wouldnt mind taking Ryan Clady, him next to Grubbs would just be amazing.

Comment

Why would we take a Tackle at the #8 spot and then have possibly a former 2nd rounder on the bench? Terry and Gaither are our Tackles and I'm fine with that. Brown at Center worries me since he has really grown into that Left Guard spot and should continue to stay there. Although if he slides back to Center, Chester could always jump to Left Guard. Again another reason why this offseason and training camp are so vital to our future.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I have been saying move over to C for a long time. I wanna see for the future be...

LT-Gaither
                    LG-Chester VS. Yanda position battle
                    C-Brown
                    RG-Grubbs
                    RT-Terry VS. Yanda position battle

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                      Why would we take a Tackle at the #8 spot and then have possibly a former 2nd rounder on the bench? Terry and Gaither are our Tackles and I'm fine with that. Brown at Center worries me since he has really grown into that Left Guard spot and should continue to stay there. Although if he slides back to Center, Chester could always jump to Left Guard. Again another reason why this offseason and training camp are so vital to our future.
                      i agree with this fully...my future oline for the ravens looks like this

LT-Gaither
                      LG-Brown
                      C- Chester
                      RG-Grubbs
                      RT- Terry/Yanda

I personally think Yanda might be a better overall RT then terry, however if yanda loses the postition battle he offers depth all along the oline
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information