Devard Darling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devard Darling

Chiefs fan here.We just signed him and was wondering what you could tell me about him?

Really dissapointed you guys stole him from us. Former third round pick from Washington State. In his first 3 years with the team, he was awful. Had injuries, and couldn't even see the field, only had 2 catches for 5 years during that span. But last year, he saw some time as a 3rd receiver with Demetrius Williams' injury, and he was really a weapon for us. Did a nice job of getting open, has good speed, and a great frame. Only real problem I saw last year was inconsistent hands. With Kansas City's receiver situation he could be a key cog and I think he could do a nice job.

Comment

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys signed him?!?!?!?! The first 3 years on the team, he was pretty much invisible. He'll be a solid starter for you guys next to Dwayne Bowe, he just needs to be a little more consistent. But in no time, he'll be a fan favorite in Kansas City.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Oh MAN!!!! NO NO NO! why did Ozzie and Harbaugh just let him walk outta here without an offer?? cmon now! IMO WR should be considered in the 2nd round. We're going to need a big strong physical guy to make plays in the end zone. Someone to compliment Clayton(if he turns his 08 season around)

Anyway Darling was an absoulte disapointment hsi first 3 years but in 08 he showed some flashes that he'd turned his career around. He showed enough that most fans wanted him back for another season. Apparently the Front Office didnt feel that way so I guess yall got a nice signing.

Comment

I don't think that wideout should be an option at the 2nd round. We have much bigger needs like Corner & Defensive Line

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
            I don't think that wideout should be an option at the 2nd round. We have much bigger needs like Corner & Defensive Line
            I agree. We still have 3 viable receivers, and this will give a chance for Yamon to develop as a receiver. Plus with Williams coming back, we shouldn't be missing a WR target, unless one of those guys gets hurt. We still probably will target a WR, but not early. I'd love to pick up Lance Leggett from the U. I'm pretty sure he was a 5 star out of the Lone Star State.

Comment

Yea, I also agree on Lance Leggett, he's got good size and we can probably get him the 7th or even as a UDFA.

Comment

Thanks for the info he doesn't sound like a bad pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
                  yes, but Im saying it should be taken into consideration. I mean we've got Demetrius Williams who I am really high on to make a comeback, same goes for Clayton, and I think Mason should be solid but there all small. While Williams is a tall WR I want us to look for a tall and powerful WR in the draft,(someone like Boldin) someone to help up out in the Endzone where we really suffer, that could REALLY help out whoevers our QB.

Comment

I will miss him, I think we have to consider WR in the 2nd or 3rd assuming we get a 3rd round comp pick when Adalius left.

Comment

this guy was a stiff at best Darling was not worth anything more than the paper his contract was written on !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                        this guy was a stiff at best Darling was not worth anything more than the paper his contract was written on !!!!
                        First of all he wasn't given a proper chance to shine on the offensive side of the ball and secondly he was a very valuable Special Teams contributor. Obviously we didn't watch the same player.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Darling was a was not worth the paper his contract was written on. If he was such a value to us what did he do to win a game for us ? Where was his leadership on the field ? How many TD's did he generate for us ? Zippy thats what he did for us...

Comment

he had 3 tds and was a developing player in a bad offense. he did good on special teams.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                              he had 3 tds and was a developing player in a bad offense. he did good on special teams.
                              Very good on special teams and IMO never really given that proper chance to shine in this horrid offense. All the best to him in KC, here's hoping that he becomes the player I always thought he'd be.

Matt Willis FTW!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information