Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the Baltimore Ravens in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

ill straight up cry if we take matt ryan...im praying to god that atlanta or KC wants him. i like scotts new mock where we trade down with NO and take mcklevin. that sounds good to me.

another guy i really want in a ravens uni is tommy zbikowski. i was wathcing some film of him the other day, and he just plays like a raven. Hed be a great backup/special teams player, and i think he could push dawan landry as a starter. id like to see us grab him at the end of the 3rd round. I guess my ideal ravens PREDRAFT mock would look like this...

1)Leodis Mcklevin
    2)Chad Henne
    3)Tommy Zbikowski
    4)Steve Slaton
    6)Tommy Blake

something like that anyways, id like to see all those players in a ravens uni before the day is over...well, not really henne, but everyone seems so set on us taking a QB, id rather have him in the 2nd then ryan in the 1st
    Last edited by A Perfect Score; 04-26-2008, 08:51 AM.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      ill straight up cry if we take matt ryan...im praying to god that atlanta or KC wants him. i like scotts new mock where we trade down with NO and take mcklevin. that sounds good to me.

another guy i really want in a ravens uni is tommy zbikowski. i was wathcing some film of him the other day, and he just plays like a raven. Hed be a great backup/special teams player, and i think he could push dawan landry as a starter. id like to see us grab him at the end of the 3rd round. I guess my ideal ravens PREDRAFT mock would look like this...

1)Leodis Mcklevin
      2)Chad Henne
      3)Tommy Zbikowski
      4)Steve Slaton
      6)Tommy Blake

something like that anyways, id like to see all those players in a ravens uni before the day is over...well, not really henne, but everyone seems so set on us taking a QB, id rather have him in the 2nd then ryan in the 1st
      I would vomit profusely if we got Zbikowski and Slaton.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
        I would vomit profusely if we got Zbikowski and Slaton.
        you sir, are a crazy man. i like them both very much as ravens. but, to each his own, and we shall see how it all plays out later today
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          you sir, are a crazy man. i like them both very much as ravens. but, to each his own, and we shall see how it all plays out later today
          Zbikowski is a clod back there in the secondary, but that said I hate our history with ND players and he would be a depth pick. I don't like his coverage skills at safety and our safeties do have one on one coverages assignments frequently and I don't see him being able to win most of those match ups.

As for Slaton, we don't need another addition to the injury report.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Zbikowski is a clod back there in the secondary, but that said I hate our history with ND players and he would be a depth pick. I don't like his coverage skills at safety and our safeties do have one on one coverages assignments frequently and I don't see him being able to win most of those match ups.

As for Slaton, we don't need another addition to the injury report.
            I agree with you on Slaton, Dan Cody ring a bell?

Comment

I would love it if Scott's mock draft actually happened.

1. McKelvin
              2. Flacco
              3. Choice

Sig by BuckNaked
              Ravens
              Baltimore Orioles
              Maryland Terrapins

Comment

This waiting friggin' sucks thank god we have the 8th pick this year...

Comment

I agree trakline I hope they put it back to noon.

I am hoping for

1)Ellis
                  2)Flacco

then I will be happy.

Comment

Well ESPN says Rams will take Chris long so that means that the Falcons will take Glenn Dorsey so maybe Ryan will fall to us.....?

Sig by BuckNaked
                    Ravens
                    Baltimore Orioles
                    Maryland Terrapins

Comment

Scott said the Rams to Dorsey which makes ATL probably take Ryan. We will see

Comment

Apparently Michael Smith is reporting for ESPN that the Rams will take Chris Long, and NFL Network is saying that it is confirmed that the Falcons will select Matt Ryan....dont know if there is any truth to these but there is a ticker on ESPN that says Rams have chosen Long.

Sig by BuckNaked
                        Ravens
                        Baltimore Orioles
                        Maryland Terrapins

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                          I agree with you on Slaton, Dan Cody ring a bell?

BLASPHEMY!!!!!

HOW DARE YOU SAY HIS NAME!

We will not dare speak his name and continue this horrid curse that plagues him. We are only allowed to refer to him as that certain linebacker from Oklahoma.

BREAK THE CURSE!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

BLASPHEMY!!!!!

HOW DARE YOU SAY HIS NAME!

We will not dare speak his name and continue this horrid curse that plagues him. We are only allowed to refer to him as that certain linebacker from Oklahoma.

BREAK THE CURSE!
                            My bad don't know what I was thinking...Got caught up in the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                              My bad don't know what I was thinking...Got caught up in the moment.
                              Its ok, we got keep the faith this year!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information