No announcement yet.

Your Ravens Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what would everyones thoughts be if we trade? Whether its up/down etc. I wouldnt mind trading up for DHB but it really depends on what we give up. I also wouldnt mind trading back to the early second we can still end up w/ Nicks or Britt and pick up another pick or 2.

Comment

Trade down. The value of the #25-45 prospects are pretty similar.

Comment

If DHB is gone I say trade down and acquire more picks since we only have 6. Although staying at 26 and taking Kenny Britt wouldplease me also!
        HALL OF FAMER!
        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

After a very long hiatus thought i might as well try a ravens mock

1st Rd #26 (overall) - Alphonso Smith | CB | Wake Forest
          I dont think he will be the guy we are wanting here and with that being said i don't see DHB being there. If Pettigrew was there i think we take him also, but i think we will have the choice between alphonso smith, kenny britt, hakeem nicks and possibly vontae davis. Alphonso has everything except height and under the tutelage of Reed and Lewis (both also coincidently undersized and late round firsts) is the safest pick at this point. If Vonate is there we would prolly go him but my realistic big board would be: Pettigrew, DHB, Vontae Davis, Alphonso Smith, Kenny Britt. If we get any of those guys or Larry English i would be ecstatic and i really hope that the recievers drop as usual and DHB will be there for us, i have an odd feeling he will, much like when we got Ngata, shoulda easily been in top 10 and much better then anything BJ Raji could become, just saying we got a steal.
          Wouldnt be surpised if we trade back a little and take Clay Matthews or a Connor Barwin type guy. I expect us to look hard at LB early on.

2nd Rd #57 (overall) - Phil Loadholt | OT | Oklahoma
          I pray that he is there for the pick but would not be surprised at all should he be picked earlier. Fits our scheme nicely and could be a very dominant RT for us while he is given time to develop. if not there I expect us to look LB like Beckwith, Cody Brown, Paul Kruger and Sidbury Jr.

3rd Rd #88 (overall) - Kyle Moore | DE | USC
          We need depth and help on the DL i like Chris Baker at NT and inside with scheme versatility and the same can be said with Kyle Moore but on the outside. I lean Moore as he doesnt have the character concerns, gotta love the potential with the body type he has and the great senior year. future starter and replacement of Pryce. again Depth is needed!

4th Rd #119 (overall) - AQ Shipley | C | Penn St.
          Shipley screams ravens type player to me. Has everything you look for in a centre and really showed it off at the combine where in my mind he really impressed me in every drill and his film only solidifies it. Extremely underrated especially within this strong C class. One of my fav prospects and in my opinion will be the have the most productive career of the C prospects.

5th Rd #154 (overall) - Quinn Johnson | FB | LSU
          Fits our scheme and allows us to utilize McClain at RB and FB. powerful player who could go higher but is very one dimensional and think he will be here and i dont think Ozzie will pass up the opportunity to get such a good role player on offense and special teams.

6th Rd #185 (overall) - Graham Gano | K | Florida St.
          The kid has a leg, may go earlier with the power he posseses but i do think we should address the K situation, it showed last year and will continually get worse. Honestly as much as i love Stover he has gotten to the point where we need to be around the 25 to get him out there..i cant handle that any longer especially with our low scoring pound it out every point counts playing style

havent done one of these in a while so give it heck

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist

Comment

I still dont know if a Nickel back would be worth using a 1st round pick, especially w/ how deep the WR class is and our need for a WR.

But its good to know you are alive you haven't been on here in ages.

Comment

I think he would quickly move from nickel to starter but on that i was switching back and fourth between him and Britt. I love evrything about Britt and would be the perfect compliment in our offense but i think Alphonso is an extremely safe pick and is just really hard to pass up and i dont see us picking Britt or Nicks over a corner like Smith who is a true playmaker and football player in every way of the game. Also i am very iffy on WRs and where they will go in the draft and think we will be in a big surprise come draft day

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist

Comment

yes that is what I agree on. it will make the draft wild. Unfourtanetly for me I got prom that night, so I will be missing a fun time no matter what I do.

About WR Ozzie did say, I challenge you to go to the WR working out right now and tell them we need a WR, I am fine with them(a paraphrase). But that could very well be a smoke screen

Comment

Originally posted by mikedoobie View Post
                  After a very long hiatus thought i might as well try a ravens mock

1st Rd #26 (overall) - Alphonso Smith | CB | Wake Forest
                  I dont think he will be the guy we are wanting here and with that being said i don't see DHB being there. If Pettigrew was there i think we take him also, but i think we will have the choice between alphonso smith, kenny britt, hakeem nicks and possibly vontae davis. Alphonso has everything except height and under the tutelage of Reed and Lewis (both also coincidently undersized and late round firsts) is the safest pick at this point. If Vonate is there we would prolly go him but my realistic big board would be: Pettigrew, DHB, Vontae Davis, Alphonso Smith, Kenny Britt. If we get any of those guys or Larry English i would be ecstatic and i really hope that the recievers drop as usual and DHB will be there for us, i have an odd feeling he will, much like when we got Ngata, shoulda easily been in top 10 and much better then anything BJ Raji could become, just saying we got a steal.
                  Wouldnt be surpised if we trade back a little and take Clay Matthews or a Connor Barwin type guy. I expect us to look hard at LB early on.

2nd Rd #57 (overall) - Phil Loadholt | OT | Oklahoma
                  I pray that he is there for the pick but would not be surprised at all should he be picked earlier. Fits our scheme nicely and could be a very dominant RT for us while he is given time to develop. if not there I expect us to look LB like Beckwith, Cody Brown, Paul Kruger and Sidbury Jr.

3rd Rd #88 (overall) - Kyle Moore | DE | USC
                  We need depth and help on the DL i like Chris Baker at NT and inside with scheme versatility and the same can be said with Kyle Moore but on the outside. I lean Moore as he doesnt have the character concerns, gotta love the potential with the body type he has and the great senior year. future starter and replacement of Pryce. again Depth is needed!

4th Rd #119 (overall) - AQ Shipley | C | Penn St.
                  Shipley screams ravens type player to me. Has everything you look for in a centre and really showed it off at the combine where in my mind he really impressed me in every drill and his film only solidifies it. Extremely underrated especially within this strong C class. One of my fav prospects and in my opinion will be the have the most productive career of the C prospects.

5th Rd #154 (overall) - Quinn Johnson | FB | LSU
                  Fits our scheme and allows us to utilize McClain at RB and FB. powerful player who could go higher but is very one dimensional and think he will be here and i dont think Ozzie will pass up the opportunity to get such a good role player on offense and special teams.

6th Rd #185 (overall) - Graham Gano | K | Florida St.
                  The kid has a leg, may go earlier with the power he posseses but i do think we should address the K situation, it showed last year and will continually get worse. Honestly as much as i love Stover he has gotten to the point where we need to be around the 25 to get him out there..i cant handle that any longer especially with our low scoring pound it out every point counts playing style

havent done one of these in a while so give it heck
                  Not a fan of Alphonso as a raven. I love him as a player but he is just not the type of corner we need. I'd prefer Vontae Davis or Sean Smith. We need a taller, physical guy to compliment Washington and Foxworth. I love Quinn Johnson, Gano, Shipley and Loadholt,(don't know much about Kyle Moore) just not Smith, he's a great player, with a great talent, just not the best fit for us. Good overall draft though.

Comment

I still say we go WR. Even if DHB isn't there. Since we got flacco we need to invest into him and not leave him hanging all by himself on offense. Both Britt and Nicks have upper echelon #1 WR potential. I think they will be at our pick. I think we gotta take one of them.

Comment

^ No doubt, well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                        yes that is what I agree on. it will make the draft wild. Unfourtanetly for me I got prom that night, so I will be missing a fun time no matter what I do.

About WR Ozzie did say, I challenge you to go to the WR working out right now and tell them we need a WR, I am fine with them(a paraphrase). But that could very well be a smoke screen
                        I severely hope thats just a smoke screen. We are far from fine with the WRs we have.
                        HALL OF FAMER!
                        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I hope he is joking. If we don't get a WR day 1, we have to put all our hope into Demetrius Williams coming back healthy and being our deep threat. I would HATE to be in that situtation.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                            I hope he is joking. If we don't get a WR day 1, we have to put all our hope into Demetrius Williams coming back healthy and being our deep threat. I would HATE to be in that situtation.
                            It would be nice to draft DHB and Williams still comes back healthy and is a deep threat.
                            Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                            Just let it go RWO.
                            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                              It would be nice to draft DHB and Williams still comes back healthy and is a deep threat.
                              yeah, but if we have enough confidice in D-will to come back healthy, I think we should look for Nicks or Britt instead of DHB. If we get our deep threat, we need a Boldin/Bowe/Marshall type WR. Tall, physical, good hands and YAC. Also contribute early, I'd love Britt, assuming D-Will can be our deep threat

WR1- Derrick Mason
                              WR2- Kenny Britt
                              Slot- Demetrius Williams on deep pass situations or when we want to stretch the field, and Mark Clayton for the shorter interdimediate routes.
                              WR4- Mark Clayton

Comment

I really think we overrated Dwill severly on this board. I think he can be a decent average to above average WR but I think at one point everyone on here thought he was going to be a pro bowler.

But I would like our WR core, Clayton,Britt,Dwill,Smith are all talented guys. Lets keep our fingers crossed that they develop

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information