Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Interview With DeCosta

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.ph...4&view=archive

In this interview DeCosta answers a lot of interesting questions IMO, and one I'm especially intrigued by is what he said about LeRon and how he will be used this year.

TL: Lorenzo Neal is now gone with no other FB on the roster with NFL experience save Le’Ron McClain. Do you see McClain as being less of a factor in the running game with the return of a healthy Willis McGahee and the addition of Cedric Peerman?

ED: We have some depth at running back. Jalen Parmalee we are high on as well. It will be a game time decision based on matchups. Sometimes McClain may be better suited at fullback against one opponent yet he could be the featured back against another – again based on the match-ups. One of the things I really admire about Cam Cameron is his flexibility – his ability to select which players are best suited to exploit the weaknesses of that week’s opponent and use it to our advantage.
    This is exactly what I wanted to hear lol. I really didn't think that LeRon would go back to being a full-time FB and this really makes me happy. I can definitely see Cook making the roster now.

There are also a few other questions that I've seen a lot of people ask in this interview. Great read IMO.

That is a good interview, I like what he said about Marcus Smith.

Comment

TL: Back to Paul Kruger…some had him as a first round talent yet he went in the second round, much like Dan Cody who was slated to play a similar position. Talk about their similarities and differences.

ED: Similarities…well both are white and really that almost makes the comparison inevitable. If Kruger was an African-American would people be making the same comparisons? What if I said he reminds me more of Tony Weaver, also a second round pick?
      haha

We had two, maybe three receivers we liked in the first round but didn’t like the ones available at our pick. We loved Robiskie in Round 2 but the Browns got him before we could. You can’t take your 120th ranked player in Round 3 just to fill a need especially if that player isn’t as good as Marcus Smith.
      gotta love the guy.. he def knows what he is doing

Go Ravens!

Comment

Good interview, I love that they still have faith in D Will, I do as well!!! If he stays healthy the dude is sickeningly good.

Save this post because this might be the last optimistic thing you hear from me for a while........

I'm thinkin this year could be pretty dam good!!
        HALL OF FAMER!
        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
          Good interview, I love that they still have faith in D Will, I do as well!!! If he stays healthy the dude is sickeningly good.

Save this post because this might be the last optimistic thing you hear from me for a while........

I'm thinkin this year could be pretty dam good!!
          GASP!!!!!!! this may be sig worthy!
          glad to see you back ERU, missed ur prescence

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
            GASP!!!!!!! this may be sig worthy!
            glad to see you back ERU, missed ur prescence
            Not as much as I missed you buddy!

Yeah I don't know but I'm becoming more and more optimistic about this season. I'm really liking the changes in the DB area, and I have a sneaky suspicion all this WR bashing is gonna light a fire under guys like Mason and Clayton and we could be looking at a big year for those fellas. And I'm always gonna believe that DWill is beyond amazing if he can stay healthy.
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information