No announcement yet.

Ravens Offseason Needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are the big names in DB's that will be available?

Does anyone think Rolle will be back next year?

Comment

Top 5 Cornerbacks Available this OffSeason
      1. Terrence Newman
      2. Corey Webster
      3. Marlin Jackson
      4. Richard Marshall
      5. Leigh Bodden

- Adding 1 of these corners would be so clutch for Baltimore's secondary. Corey Webster is a special player, but will definitely get re-signed by the Giants IMO. Terrence Newman is the most talented out of the group, but also the most expensive. Dallas has Scandrick, and Jenkins so it's a possibility they might have to let Newman go. Bodden is getting old, and Marlin Jackson is average at best, so the smartest choice at strengthening this secondary is signing Richard Marshall. He's young, a great cover man, and a complete playmaker.
      - I'd much rather have our secondary be:
      CB- Richard Marshall
      CB - Ladarius Webb
      3CB - Dominique Foxworth
      4TH - Chris Carr
      - Fabian Washington should be cut; he hasn't done much of anything to impress so far...
      Last edited by GoRavens; 01-27-2010, 06:37 PM.
      GO RAVENS

Comment

I really doubt Marshall gets out of Carolina and if he does, it's going to be a huge payday for him.

Comment

Newman I don't think will cost as much as you might think. But the question is do you pay him or Fabian Washington? Both are going to cost about the same... for the money I would take Washington back before I sign a Neuman.

Marshall sounds like the hot pick this off season but we have no reason to over pay for anyone. With Foxworth and Webb (provided he recovers in time) we just need to draft a good DB in the 1st day.

Comment

This makes me sick but I believe as long as Cam is here John Beck will be the backup.......God help us.
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

not if we sign my boy Ryan Perrilloux (who definitely won't get drafted)
              GO RAVENS

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                not if we sign my boy Ryan Perrilloux (who definitely won't get drafted)
                Thats not that bad of an idea. I mean he has the body and big game experience. Just need to work out his work ethic and he could be a great back up that could one day be a good player.

Comment

Richard Marshall is going to get a huge contract this offseason. If we're committing any sort of money to a FA, it needs to be an offensive playmaker.

Comment

Originally posted by dcarey20 View Post
                    Richard Marshall is going to get a huge contract this offseason. If we're committing any sort of money to a FA, it needs to be an offensive playmaker.
                    THIS.

we should not commit any FA signings to defense. The Ravens can build up there defense through the late rounds of the draft.

Eric DeCosta and Co. have a great eye for defensive talent. (i.e Jarret Johnson, Lardarius Webb, Bart Scott, Dannell Ellerbe, Tom Zbikowski, etc.) list goes on and on.

But I definitely agree w/ Dcarey here. We need to put big money towards an explosive playmaker in the passing game. Defense can easily be taken care of through the draft.

Comment

Hey guys, what do you think about this - I thought of this when I heard L.T. isn't sure about returning to San Deigo.

We trade Willis McGahhe and Troy Smith for Malcom Floyd? Maybe get a draft pick as well or instead just do McGahee for Floyd straight up and keep Smith for another trade?

Cause, I doubt Darren Sproles can carry the full time load for the Chargers, but a split of Sproles and McGahee sounds kinda nice. I think Willis has some value in the market after a year with 500+ yards and 14 total touchdowns as a backup.

Comment

I think its a bad idea... solely for cap reasons, just like in a divorce case its cheaper to keep her! We would take a big hit if we trade McGahee plus the hit to our running game the compliment of Rice and McGahee is a true bonus that we need.

Comment

We wouldn't take a big hit in an uncapped year. I don't think San Diego would do that anyways, McGahee's deal isn't the cheapest in the world and they don't want to give Tomlinson similar money (I think, not sure what his deal looks like but it can't be too much more).

Comment

If we take a cue from the Raven's SOU we will see that Ozzie and crew are not planning on managing the teams finances like the Redskins. So us taking a hit on the salary cap is still going to be a NO NO. Think about like this, if we still manage by a salary cap in an uncapped year when the cap is back in place by league we will be in better shape to go after FA's and resign the players on our roster we need to.

Comment

I agree with that, but what I'm saying is that if McGahee is cut this offseason, it wouldn't affect us for future seasons (dead money would, but we wouldn't take the extra hit next season).

Comment

Well that is true, but why pay him to go and play elsewhere when we can still get production out of him and let him play out his contract as an effective pinch runner sort of speak...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information