X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
    PS about the hate on George Selvie
    If you've ever watched an USF game in (08-09), you'd realize that Selvie was constantly double/triple teamed. TEs, RBs, FBs, OTs would all be focused on Selvie during any passing downs. JPP is tremendously overrated. He can do backflips, good for him.
    JPP always had 1 guy to block him on passing downs, so its unfair that Selvie gets hate based off of his declined stats.
    The man obviously has skill if he racked up 69 TFL and 29 sacks in his USF career.
    I like his rushing ability, and placed with the right scheme and right coaches, he's going to be a gem. just wait
    He might be good in the right scheme with the right coaches, but that's not what Baltimore is. It's what we were.

Comment

• Might this be the sign we are trading Gaither for something to the Cowboys?

If we do and we don't get a 1st Rd pick out of the deal.. I will be pissed, I think Gaither is a 10 year lock at LT and we never have to worry. I sure hope that we can find a replacement at RT for Oher if something happens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Comment

• People say this is mostly a financial decision.

Does this mean that we can't sign Ngata AND Gaither?

sorry, I always have a hard time understanding the financial side of football.

Comment

• I don't understand why we would trade one of our best, youngest players for a second round pick. -___-
          That'd be such a horrible decision.
          GO RAVENS

Comment

• Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
            Might this be the sign we are trading Gaither for something to the Cowboys?

If we do and we don't get a 1st Rd pick out of the deal.. I will be pissed, I think Gaither is a 10 year lock at LT and we never have to worry. I sure hope that we can find a replacement at RT for Oher if something happens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
            I don't think that's really a sign of us doing anything. Flozell wasn't very good last season and he's also pretty old in football standards. It might be a sign that the Cowboys are willing to give up more though.

Comment

I don't understand why we would trade one of our best, youngest players for a second round pick. -___-
              That'd be such a horrible decision.
              I think we have pretty much gone through all the points. The Ravens feel like Oher is the better player. So do you really want to pay a guy who is that talented to be a RT? I know guys like Gross got huge contracts to play RT, but Oher is smoother at LT. Why commit so much money to 2 guys when playing Oher at RT is kind of limiting his talent. By sliding over Oher to LT you can sign a very good RT for not even half the price Gaither will get and the O-line will be just as good. Also I'm sure Ozzie is itching to get another pick. He'd probably turn that early 2nd into a couple of 3rds.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                I think we have pretty much gone through all the points. The Ravens feel like Oher is the better player. So do you really want to pay a guy who is that talented to be a RT? I know guys like Gross got huge contracts to play RT, but Oher is smoother at LT. Why commit so much money to 2 guys when playing Oher at RT is kind of limiting his talent. By sliding over Oher to LT you can sign a very good RT for not even half the price Gaither will get and the O-line will be just as good. Also I'm sure Ozzie is itching to get another pick. He'd probably turn that early 2nd into a couple of 3rds.
                So.. Gaither for two thirds? Yeah, no. Even if we do re-sign Gaither, we don't have that much money committed to both he and Oher right now. Oher is still on his rookie contract after all, and will be for 3/4 more years.

Comment

• Good points.
                  But I feel Gaither is too young to get traded away this off-season.
                  GO RAVENS

Comment

• Look at it this way: We wont be resigning Ngata and Gaither, especially with the contract we just gave Suggs. So would you rather lose Gaither, who we have an in house replacement for, or Ngata, a top 3 DT in the league at a position we are already thin at?

Not to mention, its either we trade Gaither now and get something for him at all, or let him walk next year and get nothing for him. Im inclined to want the former.

Also, do you really think Ozzie would let Gaither go for a 2nd if there wasnt some reason for it, be it injuries, personality, etc.? Ozzie isnt stupid, and if hes willing to let Gaither go for so little, its pretty telling I would imagine.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      Look at it this way: We wont be resigning Ngata and Gaither, especially with the contract we just gave Suggs. So would you rather lose Gaither, who we have an in house replacement for, or Ngata, a top 3 DT in the league at a position we are already thin at?

Not to mention, its either we trade Gaither now and get something for him at all, or let him walk next year and get nothing for him. Im inclined to want the former.

Also, do you really think Ozzie would let Gaither go for a 2nd if there wasnt some reason for it, be it injuries, personality, etc.? Ozzie isnt stupid, and if hes willing to let Gaither go for so little, its pretty telling I would imagine.
                      This is pretty much the only argument I buy for trading Gaither. I think a lot depends on what the new salary cap looks like (if there is one) in the future. Bisciotti would pay Gaither if he was able to work him in the cap. We really don't have any knowledge about how the CBA talks are progressing, but the owners might have a feel for when things could get done.

Comment

• Imagine Baltimore drafting Bruce Campbell
                        GO RAVENS

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Look at it this way: We wont be resigning Ngata and Gaither, especially with the contract we just gave Suggs. So would you rather lose Gaither, who we have an in house replacement for, or Ngata, a top 3 DT in the league at a position we are already thin at?

you make a good point, that is one downside to having such a good scouting department and front office personnel, you can never keep ALL the talent you bring in. It's a shame.

But, if your theory is right, and Ozzie is trying to get something for Gaither, then I would expect Gaither to get traded during the draft.

thats probably when trade talks heat up a bit more and teams are willing to part ways with draft picks and/or move up and down draft boards.

Comment

Imagine Baltimore drafting Bruce Campbell
                            Why would that be a good thing? Campbell is awful.
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I'm not saying it'd be a good thing.
                              But they got 1 Maryland project tackle, coached him then traded him away. Now they get another project Maryland tackle and do the same thing
                              GO RAVENS

Comment

• That would be a very bad idea. Campbell is simply not good, and its looking like we will be able to squeeze a top 40 pick out of the Gaither situation if the reports are true. Hopefully we use it to snag someone like Jerry Hughes at the top of the 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information