This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My theory

cut Gregg(getting older, gotta go even though I love him), McGahee(I love him also but 6.0 is way to much for a back up. Plus I really like our PS RB Steele). Cut Mason(we can sign hoosh for cheaper then 4.5 million and I think Hoosh will give us equal production), Birk(is making 3.0, if there was one person who should stay it would be him. But I would like to get younger at C.)

This gives us roughly $81.539 million cap.

Now for EFA

re-sign Cox(.330),Ellerbe(.405),Kindle(.330),Williams(.480 ),Talavou(.480) I think those numbers are what they would make due to the EFA rules. But no 100%.

That leads our cap to 83.564 million.

Now to RFA.

Bring back Cousins,J.McClain,Nakamura,Parmele,Zbikowski. W/ my research they should make .927 million each so that will be 4.635 million on the cap. Bringing our cap total to 88.199 million

UFA

Re-sign Bulger(back up tho god forbid Flacco gets hurt), Carr, Cundiff, Gaither, Hoosh, Koch, L.McCLain, Ngata, Wilson, Yanda.

we have 47.801 million to get those players and get our draft picks. Looking at that my guess is we dont have enough for Aso but we maybe able to squeeze something out depending on how we load the contracts.

(sorry if any calculations are off)

id like to bring McClean and Steele off of the PS.

Comment

• The salary cap numbers could become really messy with the a potential new CBA agreement because of a possible 18 game schedule. Which would mean more money in the salary cap and more players on the active roster.

With that said looking at the current rules I think we will cut Willis or trade him, Gregg will get the restucture treatment, Foxworth same restructure or he will get cut.

We need the room so we can sign Ngata and possibly go after Asamougha IMHO

Comment

• Ravens resign Billy Cundiff to a 5 year, 15 million dollar contract extention.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          Ravens resign Billy Cundiff to a 5 year, 15 million dollar contract extention.
          Best kicker in the AFCN! Not that it's saying much though.

Comment

• That's a pretty decent deal. Nothing too absurd. Hopefully he can build off this year and remain consistent.

Comment

• Its nice to have the kicker position locked in especially. Also nice that he is a good kickoff guy too.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• 5 years $15 million is absolutely absurd for a kicker who's had 1 good season in the NFL, and spent the rest of his career getting cut and not making teams. $15 million for a kicker we can't trust to hit a 49 yarder against the Steelers????QUESTIONABLE!!!
                HALL OF FAMER!
                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• I felt a little bit like you ERU when I saw that. But it probably has option bonuses and things like that so he could not see 15 million

Comment

• Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                    5 years $15 million is absolutely absurd for a kicker who's had 1 good season in the NFL, and spent the rest of his career getting cut and not making teams. $15 million for a kicker we can't trust to hit a 49 yarder against the Steelers????QUESTIONABLE!!!
                    Well there aren't many kickers in the NFL, I'd trust kicking a 49 yarder on a cold windy day.

Comment

• Gary Anderson 5
                      Morten Anderson 6
                      Adam Vinatieri 3
                      Matt Stover 3 (4 counting the Browns)

All great kickers in the NFL and all played on multiple teams earlier in their career. Stover didn't even make the 1st team he tried out for. I think we've been spoiled having Stover as long as we did. But I think Cundiff can be the next great kicker for the Ravens... let's see what he does after this next season before we start questioning him

Comment

• Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                        Gary Anderson 5
                        Morten Anderson 6
                        Adam Vinatieri 3
                        Matt Stover 3 (4 counting the Browns)

All great kickers in the NFL and all played on multiple teams earlier in their career. Stover didn't even make the 1st team he tried out for. I think we've been spoiled having Stover as long as we did. But I think Cundiff can be the next great kicker for the Ravens... let's see what he does after this next season before we start questioning him
                        Vinatieri only kicked for the Pats and Colts

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                          Vinatieri only kicked for the Pats and Colts
                          Actually not he played for the Amsterdam Admirals in 1995 sorry I didn't clarify that his 1st season wasn't even in the NFL is was in Europe...

Comment

• 1st- CB, Jimmy Smith, Colorado.
                            2nd-OLB, Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma.
                            3rd-RB, Evan Royster, Penn St.
                            4th-WR, Cecil Shorts, Mt. Union.
                            5th-FS, Tejay Johnson, TCU.
                            6th-ILB, Brad Jefferson, Georgia Tech.
                            7th-CB, Cortez Allen, Citadel.
                            - I love it. what does everyone think?
                            GO RAVENS

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qQ9KSyNsy68

Video Message from Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake to Mayor Luke Ravenstahl regarding the final outcome of the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers Divisional Playoff Game on January 15, 2011.

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                                1st- CB, Jimmy Smith, Colorado.
                                2nd-OLB, Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma.
                                3rd-RB, Evan Royster, Penn St.
                                4th-WR, Cecil Shorts, Mt. Union.
                                5th-FS, Tejay Johnson, TCU.
                                6th-ILB, Brad Jefferson, Georgia Tech.
                                7th-CB, Cortez Allen, Citadel.
                                - I love it. what does everyone think?
                                Awful mock. The only one of those players I want anywhere near the Ravens is Jimmy Smith. Why the hell would we draft a RB in the third? Especially a slow, unexplosive one?
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information