This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAH!!!!!

Love the pick. One of my favorite players in this draft and should be our starting RT for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
      JAH!!!!!

Love the pick. One of my favorite players in this draft and should be our starting RT for a long time.
      Haha you were the first person I thought of when I saw the pick. I like him but it means Gaither is gone and Oher is staying at LT.

Comment

• So far this is been a great draft, we are getting good value with need

I think we may have been able to get Jah Reid without the trade up, but no big deal it was only a sixth

I really hope we do address the pass rush in Day 3 though...I would be ecstatic if we traded up in the 4th to get Chris Carter, im surprised he is still on the board. but there are also guys like Acho, Beal, Chinasa
        I just have my fingers crossed he keeps dropping

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist

Comment

• Carter is a guy I'd like to trade up for too. We'd have to use future picks though since a 6th won't cut it and we can't trade the compensatory fifth rounders or players (I'm pretty sure no players can be traded this year).

Comment

• I would love to see us trade up for Carter as well, or even Sam Acho.

Address pass rush and this draft will set us up very nicely for free agency.

Comment

• Still like to see the Ravens double up on Edmond Gates or Tandon Doss, really set up the future. Taiwan Jones would be a great pick as well.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                I would love to see us trade up for Carter as well, or even Sam Acho.

Address pass rush and this draft will set us up very nicely for free agency.
                Sam Acho would be a money pick. Don't see us trading up for him though cause we lack the ammo. Liked the Smith's picks. Not a huge fan of Jah Reid, but I can live with the pick even though I don't think we needed to trade up for him. I've only watched his game against Georgia though, so maybe I'm missing something.

For Day 3 - Definitely think we need to go after an end and a pass rusher and maybe a fullback. I'd be very happy with Anthony Sherman as one of our compensatory picks. A guy like Christian Ballard could be a steal in the 4th despite his character concerns. Pernell McPhee is another lineman I'd like in the 4th. DeAndre McDaniel could be a good safety to look at in the later rounds, he could be a solid special team guy. Casey Matthews and Quan Sturdivant are still on the board so I think we might look at those guys.

Comment

• I cant complain w/ the Jah Reid pick but is he ready to start week 1? because we need a RT week one against pittsburgh. I dont want Chester at RG for one snap against PIT next year.

Comment

• Im liking the draft so far. Jimmy Smith is a risk but he is talented. You guys probably know more about Torry Smith than me but it seems like a fine pick. I like Jah Reid and a 6th wasnt something crazy to give up. Gaither has been gone for a while and this just confirms that.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                      Still like to see the Ravens double up on Edmond Gates or Tandon Doss, really set up the future. Taiwan Jones would be a great pick as well.
                      I feel the same way. We still need another WR. I can't tell you how thrilled I'd be to get either Edmond Gates or Aldrick Robinson. Running back or a guy like Chris Carter from Fresno would also be picks I'd really like.

Comment

• I still want Owen Marecic at some point. Also I wouldn't mind Fusco if he's around. I like Carter somewhere in here too.

I feel like we did a nice job of filling in some needs so far this year. What else is a need for us to look at tomorrow?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                          I still want Owen Marecic at some point. Also I wouldn't mind Fusco if he's around. I like Carter somewhere in here too.

I feel like we did a nice job of filling in some needs so far this year. What else is a need for us to look at tomorrow?
                          Anything but TE, OT and CB.

Also I'm thinking we draft a QB before the draft is over.

Comment

• Torrey Smith is a fantastic person and an even better player.
                            Great speed, really elusive, sure hands, and fine routes, he's going to be awesome. A+ Pick.
                            Trading up for Jah Reid confused me. I feel like he would've been there when it was our pick. Anyways, he's massive, aggressive and versatile. A real power run blocker. He can play RT, but he can also move inside to guard.
                            - I'm upset Nate Irving got drafted by Denver, everytime I really want a player they get drafted by someone else -_- (EJ Henderson too)
                            Anywho, here's my needs for the rest of the draft.
                            1) OLB - Sam Acho/Chris Carter/Jeremy Beal
                            2) ILB - Brian Duncan/Greg Jones
                            3) RB - Jordan Todman/Taiwan Jones/Kendall Hunter
                            GO RAVENS

Comment

• So next year, I expect Anquan Boldin and Derrick Mason to be our starters. I expect there to be a battle for the slot with David Reed winning it since the coaching staff rarely plays our rookies. I can see Smith getting lots of chances to run simple go routes, screen plays and get plenty of opportunities returning punts and kicks.

Tight End will also be fun to watch, will we run more 2 TE formations with Dickson an Heap since we likely won't have any vets begin Boldin an Mason?

As for our corner situation, I really don't see us retaining Chris Carr. I know he was probably our best corner last year but I have a feeling he will either ask for more $ than we are willing to pay him or some other team will pay him more than we will, so I an assuming he won't return.

Wilson
                              Foxworth
                              J. Smith
                              Webb

I think as the season goes on, Jimmy could take over Foxworh's spot and be our #2 starter.
                              I think Webb is more than capable of matching up with teams #3 and 4 WR's as well as handle return duties w/ T.Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                                Torrey Smith is a fantastic person and an even better player.
                                Great speed, really elusive, sure hands, and fine routes, he's going to be awesome. A+ Pick.
                                Trading up for Jah Reid confused me. I feel like he would've been there when it was our pick. Anyways, he's massive, aggressive and versatile. A real power run blocker. He can play RT, but he can also move inside to guard.
                                - I'm upset Nate Irving got drafted by Denver, everytime I really want a player they get drafted by someone else -_- (EJ Henderson too)
                                Anywho, here's my needs for the rest of the draft.
                                1) OLB - Sam Acho/Chris Carter/Jeremy Beal
                                2) ILB - Brian Duncan/Greg Jones
                                3) RB - Jordan Todman/Taiwan Jones/Kendall Hunter
                                I wouldn't say Smith is a fine route runner and sure handed. I've seen a lot of times where he body catches and rounds off his routes. He is like Mike Wallace coming out IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information