This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    Does anyone else think Zbi will be an upgrade over Landry also? He may be a slight downgrade in run support but a big upgrade in pass coverage.
    Definitely agree. Even when Reed was out, Zbi was playing pretty disciplined deep coverage. We didn't have the big plays but I think we were #3 in Pass D or something like that. Putting both of them back there at the same time seems like a win win. And hopefully with Cody getting some more PT next year, we'll be able to slow down some of the opponents rushing attack (Cody has that domination ability). Zbi can tackle, it's just harder for him to bring down a big RB at full speed than Landry cause Landry's got 20 lbs on him. If we control the LOS, those RB's won't be rolling downhill as hard.

Comment

• Its not like Zbi is gonna be Fabian Washington against the run. Zbi will more then hold his own against the run and is a far better cover man then Landry.

I do have high hopes for Cody, He showed me a lot in that KC game. This is one of my favorite plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01j8FdjWPlc

How many DTs have the motor to even try to make that play, and how many DTs actually have the athletic ability to catch up to Charles. THat was impressive.

Comment

• 2000 playoff D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHfmH...eature=related

Comment

• I'm totally on the Zbi train. I like Landry but Zbi is a step up in coverage and Landry probably wont be resigned.

I really worry that this locked out offseason really wont do any favors for Cody. I hope he can try to keep his weight in check and be reasonably in shape for the season.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by niel89 View Post
            I really worry that this locked out offseason really wont do any favors for Cody. I hope he can try to keep his weight in check and be reasonably in shape for the season.
            That's a good point. I haven't heard anything about him his offseason either. Hopefully he's doing what it takes to remain in decent shape. He can be extremely valuable this year if he can keep the double teams off of Ngata. We really needed this offseason to develop the younger D-lineman (Cody, Kruger, Art Jones, Kindle if he's healthy). JJ has lost some quickness and doesn't have the moves to be an effective pass rusher, so we need some of the big guys to get some pressure.

Random idea to throw out - Does anyone think JJ might switch inside in a few years? He sheds really well and can work down the line through trash, but he doesn't have the burst or quickness to beat tackles. I think he could be better suited inside working against guards. I wouldn't put any faith in Sergio being the next guy outside so I wouldn't be opposed to investing a 1st rounder in a pass rusher next year just to get some more speed outside. Just a thought. This lock out is devastatingly boring.

Comment

• I thought bout JJ to ILB when we drafted Kindle before the injury. I figured we could get crazy with blitzes with Suggs-JJ-LEwis-Kindle. I figured we could even rotate Kindle at ILB cause he did play SLB in college. But Kindle is up in the air at this point who knows what will happen. How many years does JJ have? I think this maybe his last year. I think he will comeback after this year. But him not tackling that bench warming scrub against the steelers just kills me. I wanted Landry and JJ head since that play.

Comment

I thought bout JJ to ILB when we drafted Kindle before the injury. I figured we could get crazy with blitzes with Suggs-JJ-LEwis-Kindle. I figured we could even rotate Kindle at ILB cause he did play SLB in college. But Kindle is up in the air at this point who knows what will happen. How many years does JJ have? I think this maybe his last year. I think he will comeback after this year. But him not tackling that bench warming scrub against the steelers just kills me. I wanted Landry and JJ head since that play.
                When Bart Scott left, I thought JJ could shift inside. It just seems like it could play to his strengths, although he's not that great in coverage, he's still decent. But JJ isn't really that old, he's turning 30 right before the season starts and he's only had 5 seasons of significant playing time. I could see him playing three or four more years as a starter. It's not so much that he's lost a step, but that he didn't have that explosiveness in the first place. I really think he should at least cross train in the middle because the young trio of Gooden, McClain and Ellerbe just aren't getting it done. Either way there are plenty of linebackers, both inside 34 guys and rush backers, who could ideal fits for our D in the 1st round.

Comment

• Gooden cant get it done the guy just inst good. McClain is a solid backup. We will need JJ at OLB cause we dont have anyone else that can play it. I think we can all agree our best LB corp will be Suggs-Ellerbe-Lewis-JJ

Comment

Gooden cant get it done the guy just inst good. McClain is a solid backup. We will need JJ at OLB cause we dont have anyone else that can play it. I think we can all agree our best LB corp will be Suggs-Ellerbe-Lewis-JJ
                    Completely agree with that. Just moving forward, if we pick up a competent OLB who can play opposite Suggs, like a Calvin Pace kind of player, JJ could move inside, and I think he could elongate his career if he does that, and allow us to get some more speed on the outside in the process, maybe pick up Courtney Upshaw in the draft or something.

*Brandon Jenkins might be my favorite player who should be in our range.
                    Last edited by America; 05-28-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

I say a short deal w/ high incentives for Gaither. IDC that we spent a pick on Reid.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

I say a short deal w/ high incentives for Gaither. IDC that we spent a pick on Reid.
                        Doubt he'd even accept something like that. He's looking for long-term guarantees. And I'm sure one desperate team out there would hook him up with a 4 year deal with 10 million in easy guarantees. Something like Max Starks (4, 26M, 10M G).

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsda...yer/Max-Starks

I think we're gonna have enough $$ tied up with Ngata and Yanda, plus hopefully Wilson. McGahee might still be on the books even if we get rid of him. Not at all sure of that though. I just can't see the coaching staff taking a chance on Gaither.

Comment

• yea its wishful thinking at this point. Im just scared he goes to Pitt.

Comment

yea its wishful thinking at this point. Im just scared he goes to Pitt.
                            I don't really see it. They get Willie Colon back at RT, Jonathan Scott is still young and played pretty well and they just drafted Marcus Gilbert in the 2nd round. Plus he doesn't really fit their mold for O-Lineman. I can think of a couple more LT needy teams that would probably more willing to fork out cash. I really wouldn't worry about that possibility too much.

Comment

• Buffalo and Chicago could be potential landing spots. I'm pretty sure they both have cap room to spare and serious LT issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                                That's a good point. I haven't heard anything about him his offseason either. Hopefully he's doing what it takes to remain in decent shape. He can be extremely valuable this year if he can keep the double teams off of Ngata. We really needed this offseason to develop the younger D-lineman (Cody, Kruger, Art Jones, Kindle if he's healthy). JJ has lost some quickness and doesn't have the moves to be an effective pass rusher, so we need some of the big guys to get some pressure.

Random idea to throw out - Does anyone think JJ might switch inside in a few years? He sheds really well and can work down the line through trash, but he doesn't have the burst or quickness to beat tackles. I think he could be better suited inside working against guards. I wouldn't put any faith in Sergio being the next guy outside so I wouldn't be opposed to investing a 1st rounder in a pass rusher next year just to get some more speed outside. Just a thought. This lock out is devastatingly boring.
                                I'd imagine the odds of Kindle starting inside would be higher then Johnson. I remember during the predraft process there were a few people, myself included, that thought Kindle might be a better fit inside in a 3-4 then outside. I really like him in a Karlos Dansby kind of role in the NFL. I remember having this convo with Toon around draft time...Kindle can play anywhere in the 3-4, but I can definitely envision him getting alot of snaps from an ILB position. If you go back and look at his college tape, there were a ton of instances where he was less pass rushing and more blitzing, if that makes any sense whatsoever. I really do hope Sergio comes back healthy though, he'd be an instant boost for our LB core whereever we put him, assuming he's healthy.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information