This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    I think you'll see us bring back Wilson and Yanda for sure and really attempt to hammer down a long term deal for Ngata at the same time. I'd imagine McClain and Gaither will both walk, they want their opportunities elsewhere. Honestly, I'd love to see us take a run at Jon Joseph but I'd imagine he'll be too pricey for our tastes. I can't see us being too active in attempting to bring in new blood but I assume we'll attempt to re-sign our guys as per usual.
    Most the analysts assume Wilson will be too expensive and we'll go with Carr instead. I like them both, but Carr shouldn't be playing man on the outside. He played with a big cushion because he doesn't have the speed to catch up. I thought Wilson was great down the stretch and will only get better next year and fits Pagano's D.

Comment

• we only save 2.5 million dollars if we cut McGahee. We should just keep him IMO. No way we get a RB of his skill as a back up at under 2.5 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        I think you'll see us bring back Wilson and Yanda for sure and really attempt to hammer down a long term deal for Ngata at the same time. I'd imagine McClain and Gaither will both walk, they want their opportunities elsewhere. Honestly, I'd love to see us take a run at Jon Joseph but I'd imagine he'll be too pricey for our tastes. I can't see us being too active in attempting to bring in new blood but I assume we'll attempt to re-sign our guys as per usual.
        agreed, Yanda and Wilson are/should be our priorities. Carr would be nice too but only if we can't retain Wilson.

I could care less for Landry(Zbikowski will do an excellent job replacing him), Chester(needs to bulk up if he wants to start, some other team will overpay him), or McClain(we need someone like Lorenzo Neal, not a FB who's trying yo be a RB)

I do wish we could keep Gaither though, having him and Oher at the T positions was a rare luxury that very few NFL teams have. (remember when they held Freeney and Mathis to 0 Sacks, 0 Tackles?) Unfortunately, Gaither is as good as gone.

And on top of everything else, work with Ngata and lock him up long-term!!

Comment

• The way I see it, we have two enormous contracts to be signed in Ngata and Flacco's. Ray Rice will get a big deal too.

That really puts a limit on how many big deals we can give out this offseason. I'm confident we get Yanda resigned (probably going to cost $35 million at least), but I'm very nervous about the DB's. I think Carr and Wilson are both going to to command pretty sizable contracts. If Fox got 7 million a year, I don't know why these guys would shoot for any less. I'm hoping a 5 year/$30 million deal can keep Wilson around though.

Gaither, Landry, McClain, Chester, & Washington are as good as gone, and if Wilson signs, so will Carr. But I think it's a toss up between them, but I'm really hoping for Wilson. At least we might get a boatload of compensatory picks next draft.

Comment

• Sucks we are loosing McClain I always liked the guy.

Comment

• I'm sure some of you already visit this site, but if not I highly recommend Ravens24x7.com if only for the Ravens salary cap analysis they do. Their most recent article on the matter is their free agency primer.

I'm basically expecting us to just re-sign our own guys and not much more.

Comment

• Im nervous bout this cap guys. The redskins saying they have interest in Yanda really scares me. They wouldnt have a problem making him the highest paid G of all time.

Here is my suggestion, I honestly won't care if we cut Heap, Gregg and McGahee. Which should free up 14 million in the salary cap. I have faith in Dickson/Pitta, Cody/McKinney, and McGahee just is expensive. This should give us enough room to make competitive offers to Yanda and Wilson. I say bring chester back(I know the guy sucks but we cant have every back up be a starter quality player. He can be a back up C/G for us.) We will be able to get BUrgess back also for special teams.
                Last edited by Ravens1991; 07-23-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Apparently Kelly Gregg and Willis McGahee have been informed they will be released. Just saw it on KFFL. Tough to see Gregg go, but they said he might be brought back at a reduced rate. But they will save $9.5 million after those two cuts.

Baltimoreravens.com confirmed those and is also saying Derrick Mason and Todd Heap will be released. Wow we are really making moves. I'm really surprised about D-Mase.

Shane posted that we are signing
                  Damien Berry (RB, Miami)
                  Mark Herzlich (OLB, Boston College)

as UDFA's.
                  Last edited by America; 07-25-2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• I will bet money we will give all 4 of those guys competitive offers when they hit the FA market. Its just that we dont have a lot of time to restructure. Plus it is a MUST we get Yanda back or this O is beyond screwed.

Comment

• Word is we're one of the teams strongly interested in both Nnamdi and Sidney Rice, this could be why we're freeing up so much cap.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• IDK if we can get Aso, Rice and Yanda.

Unless we can get Yanda and Ngata cheap.

(Haloti is a serious mormon so he may not wanna ***** us out of a load of money.)

I hope we can get Mason back. He did pay for team training during the lockout.

PS APS where did you hear that?

Comment

• I'm liking some unofficial Raven UDFA signings. Mana Silva could be Ed Reed's replacement. Dude is a ballhawk. Tim Barnes will provide nice depth. I'll wait till the official names come out before I comment more.

Comment

• yea I like those also, I just hope we can nab Herzlich.

Also on NFLN last night the announcer said we are pretty much content with losing Landry and McClain.

Comment

• As a confused non-Ravens fan, I ask fans of the purple and black: Now that nose tackle Kelly Gregg has been released, does that mean Haloti Ngata moves to NT full time and Arthur Jones takes Hgata's spot at DT/34E, or does Ngata stay where he is with Terrence Cody starting at NT?

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
                                As a confused non-Ravens fan, I ask fans of the purple and black: Now that nose tackle Kelly Gregg has been released, does that mean Haloti Ngata moves to NT full time and Arthur Jones takes Hgata's spot at DT/34E, or does Ngata stay where he is with Terrence Cody starting at NT?
                                Not a Ravens fan obviously, but they probably cut him because he made too much money. They will keep in contact with him to see if he will take a lesser salary. If he agrees, he will be back.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information