Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know why Ed is complaining about the deal he has. Hes scheduled to make between 6.5 and 7.5 million each year for the next year years. Even in todays NFL, thats top end cash for a safety.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      I dont know why Ed is complaining about the deal he has. Hes scheduled to make between 6.5 and 7.5 million each year for the next year years. Even in todays NFL, thats top end cash for a safety.
      Its fear of that new CBA presumably and its driven by greed. Dammit Ed worry about your health you know the money will be there.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• But Im pretty sure that still puts him as one of the top paid safeties in the league. What did Rolle get? 37 Million for 5 years? Roughly 7 a year, same as Ed.
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          But Im pretty sure that still puts him as one of the top paid safeties in the league. What did Rolle get? 37 Million for 5 years? Roughly 7 a year, same as Ed.
          Well whats the length of years left on his existing contract? I'm speculating that he wants to grab one last contract loaded with a hefty bonus because I have a feeling that the CBA is going to put a stop to these ridiculous contracts we've seen.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Reed has 3 years left on his 6 year extension that he signed.

Comment

• Rod Woodson came out and said that Ed Reed is better then Troy recently on NFLN. That is good coming from a Steeler, get the word out that Reed is really #1

Comment

• Was there ever any doubt? Polamalu's best years came in a scheme in which he held zero responsibility. When LeBeau made him the X character in that secondary, he was literally free to roam around the field and make plays with no accountability, therefore he was never asked to accept any blame and just received credit. Now that Pitt have switched to a more traditional Tampa 2 scheme with Tomlin in charge, Polamalu hasnt been nearly as effective. Everyone knew that Reed was better, especially because Reed is capable of making game changing plays while still being responsible for his coverages.

Comment

• So, if Fabian Washington does indeed make a full recovery by week 1 and is able to play, does he still start opposite of Foxworth or will Walt Harris be our #2 starter?

Comment

• Walt Harris is 36 and coming off of a torn ACL, our secondary is such a mess if he doesnt make the team I wont be totally shocked.

Comment

• Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Haloti NGata all have been voted the best player at their respective positions on NFL network.

Also Tsizzle lobbied for TO on ESPN yesterday. I hope we dont get him

Comment

• I hope not either, only because of what he did to this organization when he left for Philly.

I do think he's a changed player, I think those character concerns are still there, but won't be a big an issue as they used to be.

I still don't want his anywhere near a grown Flacco but if a Mason or Boldin does go down in camp, we might have to consider bringing him in.

Comment

• At this point in his career wouldn't he want a ring? It is a toss up but I think he wouldn't mind one. It doesn't diminish your chances to get to the SB but bring him into a locker room with Ray, no nonsense imo.
                          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                          Coples is that dude.
                          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• I would be open to bringing him in for the right price, as well as making sure he knows how we wish to use him during the season. I was as crushed as anyone when I heard the news we got him just to see him go to the Eagles, but I think as a team determined to make a strong push at the Lombardi Trophy we have to consider all options. He was surprisingly low key his last season in Buffalo with a sub par QB throwing to him, and I'm not gonna say his crazy antics are long behind him but I do like the idea of picking up veterans who can help this team win football games.

Comment

• True, but I feel like our 4th or 5th roster spot should be given to one of our younger guys (Riley, Reed, Williams?, Harper) instead of him. True, he does bring a vet presence, but that's why we have Stallworth, Boldin and Mason.

He would be another great addition to our already bolstered WR corp, but I can't see it happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                                I do like the idea of picking up veterans who can help this team win football games.
                                I agree, TO is a very hard worker and he could be a great #3, but would he accept being a #3? I think it is a big mess waiting to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information