This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
    I figured some my not see this and deserve the laugh as well; from the column of the one and only Mike Preston in regards to Bulger and Flacco:

"It was noble of starting quarterback Joe Flacco to defend Troy Smith, his backup the past two seasons, when the Ravens recently signed Marc Bulger, but Flacco should also look over his own shoulder.

He hasn't played well in the past two postseasons. When a team signs a backup of Bulger's caliber, they'll stay that backup if the starter gets hurt and the team gets hot in his absence. Regardless of what type of winning streak the Ravens might go on with Smith, he wouldn't remain the starter.

Signing Bulger was perfect because it not only gave the Ravens a great backup, but it also kept a little pressure on Flacco as well."
    hmmmm. I never looked at it that way, but now when I think about it, Preston has a good point. Bulger has experience and the likely reason he sucked in St. Louis is because that's not an ideal environment for an aging veteran QB. Now that he's here in Baltimore with a solid WR corp, a top 5 RB and a top 8 o-line, maybe we see some kind of resurgence if Flacco ever goes down.

However, I doubt we'll bench ever Flacco in favor of Bulger in the playoffs, I just can't see that.

Comment

• yeah I will run around the castle or w/e its called naked if Bulger starts over Flacco.

To explain the bad playoffs, his rookie year he faced Miami,TENN, Pitt. All 3 were nice defenses and he was a rookie for gods sake.

His second year he was injured all playoffs. I think he had a somewhat serious injury that he toughed out.

Comment

• I got a WNST text, Foxworth torn ACL.There goes the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
          I got a WNST text, Foxworth torn ACL.There goes the season.
          Yup, per Rotoworld:

Ravens CB Domonique Foxworth is out for the season after tearing his ACL in Thursday's practice.
          The news comes as a devastating blow to a Ravens secondary that already has corners Fabian Washington and Lardarius Webb returning from ACL surgeries of their own while All-Pro Ed Reed is in danger of missing the first six weeks of the season. While no team deserves this much bad luck at one position, GM Ozzie Newsome was questioned this offseason for his failure to adequately address cornerback depth. The deteriorating secondary could lead to more pass attempts for Joe Flacco this season.

http://twitter.com/WNST/statuses/19913991669

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• looks like Chris Carr will be our #1 CB. To start the season. That is sad.

Comment

looks like Chris Carr will be our #1 CB. To start the season. That is sad.
              At least our game will suck.

Comment

• ehhh Dixon could throw for 300 yards in that 1st game. I mean Carr was a good nickel towards the end of the season (well he improved a lot from how terrible he was in the begining of the season.) But as a #1 this will be rough.

Comment

ehhh Dixon could throw for 300 yards in that 1st game. I mean Carr was a good nickel towards the end of the season (well he improved a lot from how terrible he was in the begining of the season.) But as a #1 this will be rough.
                  Leftwhich will be the QB IMO.

Comment

• oh yeah. Well Suggs will need to get his head outta his ass and actually be the elite pass rusher he thinks he is and what we paid him to do.

But by week 6, Fabian Washington and Webb will be a fine CB duo. Its just the 1st 6 weeks will be brutal.

Comment

• Let's hope that Cincy doesn't get too far ahead of us.

Comment

• WE ARE ******!

Throw out the super bowl hopes. I'm serious.

we have a chance at the playoffs, but we can't compete against the Chargers, Patriots, Colts, Texans or even the damn Dolphins with Chris Carr guarding the likes of Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Randy Moss.

PLUS, Ed Reed has no timetable, Webb it going to miss the first 6 games, so might Fabian.

We might as well send all out blitzes every damn play.

The one thing that could **** our season over, just happened.

Comment

• I read that Fabian passed his physical and should be ready to go.

Comment

• Just curious if anyone knows if Ed Reed can participate in week 6 or if he has to wait until after week 6.

Tough break with Foxworth.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• good question IDK the exact PUP rules, I think he has to miss the first 6 games though.

Also be confident fellas. Washington will be our #1, yes it will be rough when Carr is starting but we will get Webb back mid season and we all know how much of a baller Webb is.

Comment

• I think Washington will be on the active roster to start the season, reports are that he's healthy and he was taken off the PUP list this morning or yesterday.

Washington
                                Carr
                                Harris
                                Fisher

C'mon Webb, we need you back early.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information