Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore Ravens Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meh, I don't tink Gooden would be any better than Barnes coming off of the edge in a 3-4 (likely worse). Honestly I don't think he's a good blitzer at all from anywhere on the field, he just doesn't have the skill/ability to do so. His best position is WLB in a 4-3 scheme, probably a Cover 2. As for the MLB depth chart, I think it goes like this:

    Lewis
    Ellerbe
    Gooden
    McClain
    Phillips
    Burgess

    It'll be interesting to see if we keep as many LBs this year as we have in years past, I think we might sacrifice a player or two here to help out our corners for the first couple of weeks or so.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
      Meh, I don't tink Gooden would be any better than Barnes coming off of the edge in a 3-4 (likely worse). Honestly I don't think he's a good blitzer at all from anywhere on the field, he just doesn't have the skill/ability to do so. His best position is WLB in a 4-3 scheme, probably a Cover 2. As for the MLB depth chart, I think it goes like this:

      Lewis
      Ellerbe
      Gooden
      McClain
      Phillips
      Burgess

      It'll be interesting to see if we keep as many LBs this year as we have in years past, I think we might sacrifice a player or two here to help out our corners for the first couple of weeks or so.
      yeah, if we have to cut a LB for the purpose of CB depth, it's going to be a shame. We have so much talent there.

      Comment


      • Burgess has more value to the special teams unit so I can't understand why everyone is ranking him last

        Magical sig by OSUGiants

        SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


        Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

        So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
          Burgess has more value to the special teams unit so I can't understand why everyone is ranking him last
          Because we're ranking them as LBers, not their overall value to the team (at least I am).

          Comment


          • Yeah I think it is overall who would get time at ILB.

            But I think we will keep Burgess around because he is a special teams ace. Also you guys are forgeting Ayanbedejo in the mix.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              Yeah I think it is overall who would get time at ILB.

              But I think we will keep Burgess around because he is a special teams ace. Also you guys are forgeting Ayanbedejo in the mix.
              Good point. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see us part with one of the two. IIRC we traded Burgess for a conditional pick last season and then only brought him back (after he was cut by NE) because Ayanbandejo got put on the IR. I'd rather keep Ayanbandejo around because we know he can contribute both on defense and special teams, where as Burgess is only a special teamer.

              Comment


              • True, but bottom line is someone who will can play in this league is gonna clean out there locker.

                Also I just got back from training camp. Today Troy Smith got a lot of reps in w/ the second team. He targeted Marcus Smith and Justin Harper a lot. Harper hands impressed me he didnt have a single drop and made a spectacular endzone grab. Also Landry had a INT and another nice play on the ball. Chris Carr had 2 INTs as well.

                Comment


                • I've read that Harper's hands have improved quite a bit, if he's at least somewhat consistent in that department maybe the staff will be inclined to keep him over Clayton...

                  Comment


                  • yeah that was his issue in pre season last year. I was kinda shocked we were able to keep him on the PS. But we will see next pre season game how he does in a game situation.

                    All I can say is I hope he gets reps in w/ Flacco as his QB. Smith didnt look so hot.

                    Comment


                    • That brings up another interesting question. Does anybody think that we could waive Smith and go with Flacco and Bulger as the only QBs on the roster? There's a few teams that only keep two of them on the active roster and we could use the extra help at DB. I'd rather trade him and see what we can get, but i doubt he'd bring back much more than a 5th/6th round pick or maybe a dime CB.

                      Comment


                      • No one made a move for him when he was a 5th round RFA. It would be a 6th or a 7th round pick. I doubt we could get much for him. I wouldnt be totally opossed if we cut him in order to keep a special teams stud like Prescott Burgess. Or a WR who is looking good like Harper.

                        Comment


                        • I could definitely see it happening. Flacco's shown that he's a toughie, playing through his hip and whatever else was wrong with him towards the end of last year. He hasn't missed a game his whole career and I think keeping Bulger as the only backup is fine.

                          http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...-with-hawkins/

                          We signed Chris Hawkins.

                          I don't know anything about him, but I love his size and he's coming from a good football program in LSU.

                          Comment


                          • We cut Walt Harris already.

                            jamisonhensley

                            #Ravens cut Walt Harris to make room for CB Chris Hawkins, an undrafted rookie out of LSU.
                            Well, looks like I'll have to update my roster prediction...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                              We cut Walt Harris already.



                              Well, looks like I'll have to update my roster prediction...
                              whoa? does this mean they have some sort of confidence in Hawkins or that Harris wasn't impressing in TC?

                              From what I knew, I thought Harris was taking reps with the first team?

                              Comment


                              • I am shocked he was cut so early. But a 36 year old coming off of a ACL tear not shocked once I think about it. I hope we keep Prince Miller around
                                Last edited by Ravens1991; 08-06-2010, 11:17 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information