Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bart Scott wasnt a mistake. There was no way we were gunna pay him 48 million. Matching that offer would of been the mistake. Considering we can stick an undrafted rookie in beside Ray and get similar results, I dont feel all that bad about letting Scott walk.

Jason Brown I did feel was a mistake, but he made it very clear he didnt want to be in Baltimore anymore. On top of that, we had other people to lock up and we have a ridiculous amount of depth on the oline.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      Bart Scott wasnt a mistake. There was no way we were gunna pay him 48 million. Matching that offer would of been the mistake. Considering we can stick an undrafted rookie in beside Ray and get similar results, I dont feel all that bad about letting Scott walk.

Jason Brown I did feel was a mistake, but he made it very clear he didnt want to be in Baltimore anymore. On top of that, we had other people to lock up and we have a ridiculous amount of depth on the oline.
      true, long-term wise, letting both guys go worked out well for us. but at the moment it happened, I thought we were ******.

edit* just a note
      http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ens+Insider%29

Ramon Harewood takin reps in place of Jared Gaither with the first team.

Is he ahead of Oniel Cousins or is Cousins hurt? I'm pretty surprised to hear this.
      Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz; 08-06-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Cousins had a cyst removed from his throat IDK when he is back.

Also it turns out we had to let Brown go due to the cap. Id Rather kept Suggs and Ray then lose one of them and get Brown. Also Scott for 48million would have been assinine(sp) like already posted.

Ozzie is a smart man.

Comment

• Ngata's value is waaaaayy higher than both Brown and Scott's during their dominant time. You replace the Browns and Scott's in the league...but you don't replace the Ngata's.

Comment

• looks like Chris Carr hurt his hamstring in Saturdays stadium practice. According to Jamison Hensley, it's going to be a long term problem and we may need to sign yet another FA.

and yes, Frank Walkers name did come up :(

Comment

• Come on, Ken Lucas!
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Apparently we didn't cut all ties with Walt Harris, he know appears on the IR list on the Ravens' website.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Peopl...er_Roster.aspx

Comment

• how likely are we to trade for a CB?

Will we trade Gaither? what about McGahee?

Gaither to Buffalo for McGee
                  McGahee and a draft pick to Denver for Champ Bailey ??

Comment

• I don't see us resigning Gaither after this season so I say trade him for a proven CB
                    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                    Just let it go RWO.
                    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                      I don't see us resigning Gaither after this season so I say trade him for a proven CB
                      my thoughts exactly. The only plus of keeping Gaither is to get 1 season of quality tackle play. After this season, he's gone. Why not trade him now, and get something for him?

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                        my thoughts exactly. The only plus of keeping Gaither is to get 1 season of quality tackle play. After this season, he's gone. Why not trade him now, and get something for him?
                        He may not be gone though, because without a CBA nothing is set for next year. Not to mention we're taking from the OLine to help the secondary. This is why the secondary should have been addressed at the beginning of the offseason and during the draft, not scrambling AGAIN in training camp. This is why Ozzie is arrogant.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Scheter reports he would be shocked if we didnt get a CB via trade so we will see.

Also not getting a CB via trade in the begining of the off season wasnt that bad of a idea. We had the #8 pass defense w/ a terrible pass rush. We improved that getting Redding, Kindle and that LB coach(his name escapes me). Its just no one expected Fox to go down like that

Comment

• I'd really love if we moved Gaither for Terrence McGee. Trying to figure out who else might be available at CB. Maybe Terrence Newman with Jenkins and Scandrick there. Both the Bills and the Cowboys have holes at OT. The only other guy who springs to mind might be Marcus Trufant, as both Kelly Jennings and Josh Wilson are waiting in the wings in Seattle...Trufant has really fallen off recently though.

Comment

• First preseason game is thursday I am so pumped.

It looks like Gaither isnt going to play. So Oniel Cousins will be the RT. I want to see how he improved. The coaches have been raving about him all off season its time to see if he stepped his game up.

Same for Antwan Barnes, we know the talent is there with him, he was talked about in the off season as improving. We will see how he turns around.

Also Justin Harper. Over at the Ravens board everyone who went to camp said Harper impressed. He impressed me as well. I remember last preseason he got time w/ 1st team and he was getting open and making plays against starting CBs. But his drops were noticeable. I didnt see any drops when I was at camp. I am pumped to see if he can put it all together under the lights.

who/what are you looking for?

Comment

• I'm excited to see several things.
                                1) How Terrence Cody plays in the NFL.
                                2) David Reeds supposed big play ability.
                                3) The young corners; who steps up.
                                4) Jalen Parleme and his amazing return skills.
                                GO RAVENS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information