Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regardless of who we keep or don't, as shown once again the secondary is our weakness and we need more of a pass rush to help those backs. It doesn't matter if Mattison likes to blitz or not, frankly we need too to win games.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• I think it's a combination of below-average corner play and below-average play calling. The corners aren't doing a great job, but Mattison only rushing 3 or 4 on every play isn't going to help anything at all. Frankly if that's the approach he's going to use I agree with Ravens1991 about us going to a 4-3, at least we'll have at least one good pass-rusher (Suggs, who has looked good now that he's back in shape) rushing the passer every day.

Comment

• well remember, Reed and Webb arent there yet. And they will be later on in the season. It was Washingtons first game back. When we get those 3 back together our secondary will improve. I am not saying its going ot be elite but it will be a better group overall.

But I agree w/ Bigdawg again the pass rush has to improve. Mattison only wants to do the traditional 4 man rush. I dont have a problem w/ that, its just the thing is Suggs is the only above average rusher when we do the traditional pass rush. And that combined w/ a shaky secondary equals a disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
          well remember, Reed and Webb arent there yet. And they will be later on in the season. It was Washingtons first game back. When we get those 3 back together our secondary will improve. I am not saying its going ot be elite but it will be a better group overall.

But I agree w/ Bigdawg again the pass rush has to improve. Mattison only wants to do the traditional 4 man rush. I dont have a problem w/ that, its just the thing is Suggs is the only above average rusher when we do the traditional pass rush. And that combined w/ a shaky secondary equals a disaster.
          agreed 100%, but I thought we did a fair amount of blitzes vs. Washington. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

also a comment on our special teams (returners)

I still can't see why we risk putting Zbikowski back there at PR. I think it's a sure thing that Ed Reed won't be playing a full season this year, so why waste Zbikowski(our next best safety) at PR when we can Clayton or Miller to do it?

Also, I have no idea what David Reed hasn't got a shot at PR or even KR, I'm seriously questioning Jerry Rosburg's ability to evaluate returners.

Comment

• Lardarius Webb is off PUP and returning to the practice field.

Don't know if he's going to play in the final preseason games though but this is definite good news.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...comes-off-pup/

Comment

• He should be back for the opener. We need him. He said his knowledge and understanding of the game increased a lot which is exciting. I am praying he doesnt lose a step.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...-to-baltimore/

Kindle tweeted as much from his official account (@KingSerg2), writing, “At the end of next week im [sic] back in baltimore! Its [sic]gone [sic] feel good too! King Serg,” Monday afternoon.

It is good to see he is energetic and in good spirits after what happened.

Comment

• Its good to hear about Kindle getting back it to the swing of things. I hope he gets healthy and can contribute to the pass rush at some point this year.

I personally don't have a huge issue with Zib taking the punt returns. I know it risks him getting hurt, but I would rather have someone who is consistent and someone that we can trust to catch the ball and make good decisions. I know Clayton can't and I honestly hope that Miller can be that guy instead of Zib. We have solid depth at S if Reed can come back so I don't think it is as big of a risk. I think of it like Jim Leonhard retuning a few years back, he consistently gave us good field position.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                  Its good to hear about Kindle getting back it to the swing of things. I hope he gets healthy and can contribute to the pass rush at some point this year.

I personally don't have a huge issue with Zib taking the punt returns. I know it risks him getting hurt, but I would rather have someone who is consistent and someone that we can trust to catch the ball and make good decisions. I know Clayton can't and I honestly hope that Miller can be that guy instead of Zib. We have solid depth at S if Reed can come back so I don't think it is as big of a risk. I think of it like Jim Leonhard retuning a few years back, he consistently gave us good field position.
                  yeah, if Reed is healthy, then I have no problem with Zbikowski returning punts, but I as a fan, have a huge issue with starters returning punts and kicks. (wasn't that how Lardarius tore his ACL vs. Chicago?)

I would prefer a guy like a 4th WR like Clayton or a dime corner like Miller (if he makes it) handle the duties because Ed Reed could go down at any moment and if that happpens, we NEED Zbikowski.

Comment

• Unless Sergio clears medically, I wouldn't play him this year. Head injuries you don't **** with.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      Unless Sergio clears medically, I wouldn't play him this year. Head injuries you don't **** with.
                      true, I don't think it would sit well with the comish either if we played him. I think he'll rehab this year and hopefully try and start up w/ next years training camp.

on a sidenote - in this off-season, Jared Gaither has gone from one of my favorite Ravens to one of my most hated. kinda random, but I don't think this guy has any intention of playing for us this season and I think the coaches and FO realize that but still do nothing about it(trade him)
                      Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz; 08-24-2010, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• I dont get Gaither. All this stuff comes out about him being a pansy and not caring. Then it turns out he lost 30 pounds, which is probably a sign of caring because usually when a player doesnt care they gain over 30 pounds. IDK what to believe honestly. Yes he probably wasnt the hardest working player but I think this guy had a target on his back to get him over at RT so Oher can play on the "blindside". We will see how the season unfolds/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                          I dont get Gaither. All this stuff comes out about him being a pansy and not caring. Then it turns out he lost 30 pounds, which is probably a sign of caring because usually when a player doesnt care they gain over 30 pounds. IDK what to believe honestly. Yes he probably wasnt the hardest working player but I think this guy had a target on his back to get him over at RT so Oher can play on the "blindside". We will see how the season unfolds/

From what I heard, the coaches weren't too happy to see that he'd lost 30 pounds.

Comment

• True probably because he was too light for a 6'9 guy. Oher is 310 but at 6'4. Gaither is 310 but at 6'9

Comment

• yeah, everything he did this off-season was a complete disaster if you ask me. IDK if it's his way of saying he's mad about his contract or the fact that we moved him to RT, I just don't understand anything he's done so far.

Comment

• yea I remember in OTAs he hurt his Toe day 1. IDK what it is, it just seems like he will be gone after his contract.

Also About Jason Phillips, he impressed me the past 2 pre season games. He is just a gamer. Do you guys think we will keep him around?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information