This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
    I just don't see the need of keeping four NTs on the team. They're not really assets on special teams and there's only one on the field during defense. I think we'll keep three, Gregg and Cody as the main two guys obviously, and one in case of injury (and because that's how many we usually keep). The last spot will go to one of McKinney, Talavou, or Divens. I would say it's pretty wide open between those three, but I think McKinney will end up winning the roster spot because he's the best player of the three IMO. Here's my roster prediction as of today:

QB: Flacco, Bulger, Smith (3)
    RB: Rice, McGahee, Parmele (6)
    FB: McCLain (7)
    WR: Boldin, Mason, Clayton, Stallworth, Reed (12)
    TE: Heap, Dickson, Pitta (15)
    C: Birk (16)
    G: Grubbs, Yanda, Chester, Moll (20)
    T: Oher, Gaither, Cousins, Harewood (24)

DE: Ngata, Pryce, Redding, Kruger (28)
    DT: Gregg, Cody, McKinney (31)
    OLB: Suggs, Johnson, Barnes, Jones (35)
    ILB: Lewis, Ellerbe, Gooden, McClain, Phillips (40)
    CB: Webb, Washington, Carr, Fisher, Gerard (45)
    S: Reed, Landry, Zbikowski, Nakamura, Hamlin (50)

K: Cundiff (51)
    P: Koch (52)
    LS: Cox (53)

PUP: Ayanbandejo, Kindle
    Reserve/Suspended: Cary Williams

I'm thinking Arthur Jones could end up on the IR with some kind of injury.
    couple things-

Don't think Troy Smith should make the team. First off, he doesn't even wanna be here, I hated him after he said he'd rather crawl to Cleveland than stay here, second off, we gave Marc Bulger a great contract for a backup and in the event that Flacco does go down, I would feel safe with Bulger at the helm and I honestly don't think we need a 3rd QB unless Flacco goes down. (then we sign one) Keep 2 QB's and give Troy's roster spot to one of our talented young guys in the front 7 or even a guy like David Reed or Marcus Smith.

I also don't like even Edgar Jones over Prescott Burgess.

Prince Miller > K.J. Gerard, I haven't see Gerard all preseason, and Miller has at least shown that he can contribute in special teams.

otherwise, totally agree w/ your roster.

Comment

• if troy really said that then **** him hopefully he doesnt make the team

Comment

• http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...tion_Hero.aspx

Suggs sounds focused. Not really on individual things like sacks but on getting a super bowl trophy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
          http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...tion_Hero.aspx

Suggs sounds focused. Not really on individual things like sacks but on getting a super bowl trophy
          Nice article. I've had the feeling for a while that Suggs was due for a great year. The move to bulk up to 280 last season always seemed kind of bizarre to me. He was already probably the best run defending 3-4 OLB in the game and he was noticeably less explosive. I think he might have his best season statistically as long as "you know who" doesn't hold him back by limiting his opportunities to rush the passer.

Comment

• dont get your hopes up about you know who. His D makes me wanna cry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              dont get your hopes up about you know who. His D makes me wanna cry.
              Well if he's only rushing four, we can still count on T-Sizzle to be one of those four.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                couple things-

Don't think Troy Smith should make the team. First off, he doesn't even wanna be here, I hated him after he said he'd rather crawl to Cleveland than stay here, second off, we gave Marc Bulger a great contract for a backup and in the event that Flacco does go down, I would feel safe with Bulger at the helm and I honestly don't think we need a 3rd QB unless Flacco goes down. (then we sign one) Keep 2 QB's and give Troy's roster spot to one of our talented young guys in the front 7 or even a guy like David Reed or Marcus Smith.

I also don't like even Edgar Jones over Prescott Burgess.

Prince Miller > K.J. Gerard, I haven't see Gerard all preseason, and Miller has at least shown that he can contribute in special teams.

otherwise, totally agree w/ your roster.
                My reasoning with Smith is that we've always kept three QBs on the roster. I'd rather give his roster spot to someone else as well, but I don't see us just having Bulger and Flacco as the QBs.

Jones over Burgess wasn't a very hard decision IMO, Edgar is just as good of a special teams player and he much more diverse as a player in the other aspects of the game. Burgess was let go last season while we had Jones on the roster and I don't really see an reason to keep Burgess over Jones now. This spot could just be a holder for Ayanbandejo or Kindle anyways.

The last CB spot is a toss up for me. Miller might have the edge because he can return punts as well as play corner, but I was just hoping we would keep somebody with size at the position. Either way I think whoever holds this spot is just keeping it warm for Cary Williams when he's done with his suspension. I'd actually rather keep Gerard, Miller, or even Hawkins over Fisher actually.

I'm quite pleased at the depth we have at almost every position :D.

Comment

• As much as I love Edgar Jones, he is a victim of not only his versatility but also of this administration. Injuries and what not have caused/allowed him to be put into so many positions over the years that he hasn't been able to make any real progress on any one position. Because he has been literally an Edgar of all trades, with this current crop of TE and LB depth I feel he is a dead man walking.

And for this to occur would be truly a Greek Tragedy

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                    As much as I love Edgar Jones, he is a victim of not only his versatility but also of this administration. Injuries and what not have caused/allowed him to be put into so many positions over the years that he hasn't been able to make any real progress on any one position. Because he has been literally an Edgar of all trades, with this current crop of TE and LB depth I feel he is a dead man walking.

And for this to occur would be truly a Greek Tragedy
                    good post, we are indeed stacked at both TE and LB. I see no need for Edgar Jones.

also, what do you guys think about our PR and K spot, who's winning the job thus far?

Comment

good post, we are indeed stacked at both TE and LB. I see no need for Edgar Jones.

also, what do you guys think about our PR and K spot, who's winning the job thus far?
                      PR - I'm kinda shocked David Reed wasn't more in the mix, but I do like Clayton getting the opportunity. Frankly I think it will be a returner by committee for the most of the year.

K - I see no reason why Billy Cundiff doesn't keep his job. All this hoopla about Shayne Graham and I just don't see it. The guy misses big time kicks, thanks but no thanks.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Then the same goes for Prescott Burgess? Meh, we're stacked at ILB but with Kindle likely being on the PUP/IR the only backup OLB we have is Barnes.

Comment

PR - I'm kinda shocked David Reed wasn't more in the mix, but I do like Clayton getting the opportunity. Frankly I think it will be a returner by committee for the most of the year.

K - I see no reason why Billy Cundiff doesn't keep his job. All this hoopla about Shayne Graham and I just don't see it. The guy misses big time kicks, thanks but no thanks.
                          my thoughts are similar on both the kicker and PR spot.

However, if Prince Miller makes the team, I think he should be our PR, if he gets cut, it's Claytons job and I pray Zbikowski is left out of it. I was also surprised to see David Reed not given the opportunity to return punts, the decision makes no sense to me.

Comment

my thoughts are similar on both the kicker and PR spot.

However, if Prince Miller makes the team, I think he should be our PR, if he gets cut, it's Claytons job and I pray Zbikowski is left out of it. I was also surprised to see David Reed not given the opportunity to return punts, the decision makes no sense to me.
                            You know thats becoming a trend in the last couple of years with Harbaugh and Ozzie.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• The biggest thing I dont understand w/ Harbaugh is the "dog house". I dont love Demetrius Williams like ERU but I still dont understand why that guy never saw the field unless many injuries. When he got in at the #2 spot Flacco targeted him a hell of a lot more then he did CLayton. We could have gotten some sort of production out of the #2 spot if Dwill was there.

Comment

You know thats becoming a trend in the last couple of years with Harbaugh and Ozzie.
                                right you are sir, I haven't been a fan of everything Harbaugh's done, but I am a fan of his results

1st season - 11-5 and a trip to the AFC Championship w/ a rookie QB at the helm

2nd season - 9-7 and a dismantling of one of the best playoff teams in the decade.

if we keep winning and making the playoffs, then I can live with the questionable decisions he makes. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information