Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore Ravens Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Arthur Jones made the team! Awesome I was really hoping he would.

    Rookie defensive tackle Arthur Jones has made the Ravens' 53-man roster.
    http://twitter.com/RavensInsider

    Comment


    • Antwan Barnes got traded to the Eagles.

      Comment


      • I don't think that move makes sense for either team. Barnes was our top reserve at OLB after Suggs and Johnson, looks like Edgar Jones and Prescott Burgess may make the team now. The Eagles already have a lot of DEs so I'm not sure how he fits there, especially in a full-time 4-3 scheme.

        Comment


        • Barnes looks to be a joker for the eagles. I really think that may be his best position in the NFL. Basically just one responsibility, getting after the QB. Doesn't have to worry about defending the run or covering anybody.

          Comment


          • Hale and Talavou are going on the IR: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...d-reserve.html

            Well, there was probably where Harewood's and Jones' roster spots came from.

            Comment


            • I don't get the trading of Barnes one bit...

              Glad to see Travis Fisher not make the team, guy got burned constantly and looked lost and glad to hear about trade rumors for Troy Smith. i'd love to get a 6th rounder for him.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                I don't get the trading of Barnes one bit...

                Glad to see Travis Fisher not make the team, guy got burned constantly and looked lost and glad to hear about trade rumors for Troy Smith. i'd love to get a 6th rounder for him.
                He's basically only flashed bursts of potential in meaningless situations and for the most part isn't on the field or disappears while on it. Frankly I'm not surprised he was moved and I'm glad we got something for him. This roster is deep and keeping a guy like Edgar Jones over Barnes to me is the right move.

                Magical sig by OSUGiants

                SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                Comment


                • Looks like we only got a 7th round pick for Barnes. Meh, I agree with BigDawg now. If it were up to me I would've kept Barnes as the primary backup OLB but a 7th isn't much less than I think he's worth. I'm looking forward to seeing Edgar Jones back at OLB.

                  Comment


                  • Demetrius Williams and Troy Smith got cut.

                    Comment


                    • Here's the full list of moves we made today to get down to 53:

                      Barnes was traded to the Eagles.

                      Ed Reed was placed on the PUP list.

                      Hale, Harewood, Talavou, and Rodgers were placed on IR.

                      Drew, Fisher, Gerard, Graham, Harper, Hawkins, Jones, Mattison, McClellan, Reitz, Riley, Troy Smith, Steele, Tyler, and Demetrius Williams were cut.

                      I can't say I'm displeased by any of the moves, in fact I'm quite happy that we were able to keep all of the DL guys that were battling for a spot. The Barnes trade was iffy for me but I'm alright with it.

                      Comment


                      • I really wish we would of been able to move Smith for something. Same goes for Demetrius Williams, but I guess it is what it is. Really glad we held on to Reed, I really think in time he could do some serious damage out of the slot.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          I really wish we would of been able to move Smith for something. Same goes for Demetrius Williams, but I guess it is what it is. Really glad we held on to Reed, I really think in time he could do some serious damage out of the slot.
                          Neither had any value on the trade market so your wishful thinking really had no merit. But I agree on Reed, although hopefully it won't take 2-3 years that I am anticipating.

                          Magical sig by OSUGiants

                          SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                          Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                          So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                          Comment


                          • I am just nervous about the OLB depth w/ the Barnes trade. Perhaps the trade means we think we might be able to get Sergio back after week 6

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                              I am just nervous about the OLB depth w/ the Barnes trade. Perhaps the trade means we think we might be able to get Sergio back after week 6
                              Right now it looks like Edgar Jones and Prescott Burgess are the backups. I'm not really comfortable with that either, but I don't think that Barnes was that much better than either of the two anyways. IMO Jones will be a fine backup at the position but we should probably looking for another guy. I'd still IR Kindle for the year though, I just don't want the team to risk anything with a head injury.

                              Comment


                              • I would have rather kept Barnes. I thought he at least he was a possible pass rusher.


                                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

                                Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information