Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scott's Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scott's Mock

    Wright's Mock has us with:

    Tony Ugoh
    Tim Crowder

    Personally, I think Ugoh is NOT a first-rounder and Crowder I haven't heard much on.

    What are your thoughts?
    Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
    Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

  • #2
    I already made comments on the mock in the draft forum thread but I will repost them here as well:


    I think the Tony Ugoh pick is intriguing for the Ravens and while I can't complain about it personally, I if he would be the best player available at that spot for them? I understand the need for the tackle position but thats just not the Ravens mantra. Can't say that I'm thrilled about the Crowder pick though. On a side note, I love the fact that Drew Stanton cracked the 2nd round!


    Thats Right! I quoted myself. :D I am so hardcore! :D

    Magical sig by OSUGiants

    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


    Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

    Comment


    • #3
      I like the Ugoh pick, Ive been an advocate of taking him if we do choose to adress OL in the first round. Not a fan of the Crowder pick would rather select Francis out of Hawaii at that point in the draft.

      Comment


      • #4
        i dont know if im really comfortable picking up a guy in the 1st who scott says is a mid rounder...

        also anyone see the colts get tony hunt at the end of the 3rd?k


        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

        Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

        Comment


        • #5
          Tony Hunt to the Colts at the end of the third would be a steal for them and would definitely give them that 1-2 punch much like last year.

          Magical sig by OSUGiants

          SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


          Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

          So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

          Comment


          • #6
            yeah looked at the mock again and at our position Sears and Staley are still there at our pick.

            also for crowder here is one line fom scotts report that i liked:
            ".A jack-of-all-trades but master of none who's solid but doesn't really stand out in any one area"


            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

            Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

            Comment


            • #7
              the Tony Ugoh pick is an okay pick for me. He could move to guard if we need help there in the beginning of the season.
              I dont like the Crowder pick at all. I'd rather have Lamarr Woodley in that situation. He can move to outside backer in a 3-4 and could be a d end in obvious pass situations.

              Comment


              • #8
                Well I think this all hinges on what kind of a feel Ozzie can get on JO's future. If he retires I could see Tony Ugoh being the pick. If not I think we go Defensive depth and address the OL in the 2nd round. I Feel great about our skilled positions (QB, RB, WR, TE, DB, K, P) but I think we need some depth on the lines and expect us to make a deal to pick up another 1st day pick in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                  Well I think this all hinges on what kind of a feel Ozzie can get on JO's future. If he retires I could see Tony Ugoh being the pick. If not I think we go Defensive depth and address the OL in the 2nd round. I Feel great about our skilled positions (QB, RB, WR, TE, DB, K, P) but I think we need some depth on the lines and expect us to make a deal to pick up another 1st day pick in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
                  Yup, but I'd take Arron Sears over Ugoh.
                  Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
                  Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by go_ravens94 View Post
                    Yup, but I'd take Arron Sears over Ugoh.
                    Not me, Sears is going to be a gaurd in the NFL and we do not need another gaurd we need a tackle.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I wouldnt mind cutting Vincent and getting Grubbs if Ben ends up being the best player available.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i definitely think Ugoh is a reach. Something that drives me nuts, and I know many of you guys disagree with me but, why reach for OL talent on almost the same tier as ones that will certainly be available at our 2nd rd pick (Marten, or whoever of that 2nd tier group falls)? I mean, Scott prefaces the whole thing by saying how we're of the deepest most talented teams in the league and we could easily go BPA, and then he proceeds to make a reach pick. Ozzie doesn't reach in the 1st.
                        I don't like Crowder either, we DO NOT need an OLB. Whether or not you agree with this, Ozzie does, or else he wouldn't have signed JJ to the deal he did.
                        Last edited by Bohleive; 03-15-2007, 05:57 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bohleive View Post
                          i definitely think Ugoh is a reach. Something that drives me nuts, and I know many of you guys disagree with me but, why reach for OL talent on almost the same tier as ones that will certainly be available at our 2nd rd pick (Marten, or whoever of that 2nd tier group falls)? I mean, Scott prefaces the whole thing by saying how we're of the deepest most talented teams in the league and we could easily go BPA, and then he proceeds to make a reach pick. Ozzie doesn't reach in the 1st.
                          I don't like Crowder either, we DO NOT need an OLB. Whether or not you agree with this, Ozzie does, or else he wouldn't have signed JJ to the deal he did.
                          I agree.

                          Except, I think we do need OLB depth, or if we get Moss, JJ & Cody become the best backups in football. You also forget Cody's injury history.
                          Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
                          Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by go_ravens94 View Post
                            I agree.

                            Except, I think we do need OLB depth, or if we get Moss, JJ & Cody become the best backups in football. You also forget Cody's injury history.
                            You're missing my point though. Regardless of whether or not you think Moss would be better than JJ, or even able to start at OLB next year, a feat that neither AD nor Suggs accomplished in their transition, Oz is the one making the decision. According to the six year deal he gave JJ it looks to me like he's banking on his being a starter. You don't give that deal to a backup. Besides, I think it's ILB depth we need. Our ILB situation is on much shakier ground, as far as that goes.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bohleive View Post
                              You're missing my point though. Regardless of whether or not you think Moss would be better than JJ, or even able to start at OLB next year, a feat that neither AD nor Suggs accomplished in their transition, Oz is the one making the decision. According to the six year deal he gave JJ it looks to me like he's banking on his being a starter. You don't give that deal to a backup. Besides, I think it's ILB depth we need. Our ILB situation is on much shakier ground, as far as that goes.
                              Yup. I'd choose David Harris too. I updated my sig to include him.
                              Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
                              Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information