QB 1st RD ?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB 1st RD ?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!

Ok Ozzie was quoted as saying "There could be a QB that the Team would draft at #29" I hope we arent thinking of going QB in the 1st and this is just positioning by Ozzie to maybe have the Lions or the Browns or another Team at the Top of the 2nd rd that wants to draft Stanton or Edwards. Maybe we are trying to pick up another 2nd or get back a 3rd and another 2nd day pick...

I would love to see us have two 2nd rd picks we could really get a couple of great OL prospects in the 2nd and not have to pay 1st rd money and save cap room since we are trying to lock up T-Sizzle before the draft...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ors/index.html

I'm sure that its just a pre-draft ploy to generate some interest in the pick but with Ozzie you never know who he's going to pick until they read the card. As for the money you mentioned about the first round pick, the 29th pick won't exactly break the bank there so I'd not worry about that contract in terms of being a hinderance in re-signing Suggs. Besides I don't see any QB out there thats worth a 1st round pick other then Russell, who's overrated to begin with, or Quinn.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

If we can't resign Suggs and we end up losing him to FA then thats 1 more negative to chalk up on the McGahee board.
      HALL OF FAMER!
      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

true, If we dont get Suggs because of McGahee or McNair or somebody else I wont be the happiest camper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
          true, If we dont get Suggs because of McGahee or McNair or somebody else I wont be the happiest camper.
          Understatement of the year!!!

I'd much rather have Suggs longterm and Pittman or Irons as our RB, then McGahee longterm and some DE not named Terrell Suggs!
          HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

No they won't break the bank... but still the difference is still significant between the money we will pay to a 1st rd to our 2nd rd pick. We are close to the cap and we still need to bring in another vet for the OL I think as a back up. I do think that all this talk of a QB will lead us to picking a QB in the 4th or 5th...just seems like we are not going to resign Kyle Boller and I think that is a bad choice. He will go somewhere and make a solid QB that will start and be a serviceable QB, he will end up somewhere like Minnesota or Cleveland or something like that and will help them make it to the playoffs and we will be stuck with Drew Olsen or another rookie...and then we going to have to trade for someone like McNair again !

Comment

I agree Suggs is such a beast and perfect for our system.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                No they won't break the bank... but still the difference is still significant between the money we will pay to a 1st rd to our 2nd rd pick. We are close to the cap and we still need to bring in another vet for the OL I think as a back up. I do think that all this talk of a QB will lead us to picking a QB in the 4th or 5th...just seems like we are not going to resign Kyle Boller and I think that is a bad choice. He will go somewhere and make a solid QB that will start and be a serviceable QB, he will end up somewhere like Minnesota or Cleveland or something like that and will help them make it to the playoffs and we will be stuck with Drew Olsen or another rookie...and then we going to have to trade for someone like McNair again !

DEAR GOD NO!!! No more QBs who can't throw please!!!
                HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                  Yup we will be starting Jeff Garcia in his 40's at QB.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Terrell Suggs is so underappreciated. He's better than both Ware and Merriman right now (until Merriman can prove himself after the roids). But he gets maybe 20% of the pub.

Thats bullcrap.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                      HA HA HA HA I am not saying I don't like McNair everyone already knows that I am a fan....BUT I don't want to have to keep trading for a QB instead of drafting one and grooming him through the system or getting a Blue Chipper like a Russell or a Quinn that already has a lot of Tools they just need to learn our system or we can build a more advanced system around them....

If we wait til next year and resign McNair as a Back up here in Baltimore but give him the chance to win the job in training camp then draft someone in the 1st rd like a Colt Brennan I think we will get a stud and someone that can make us all forget of the woeful QB play we have had here since Testaverde left !

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Terrell Suggs is so underappreciated. He's better than both Ware and Merriman right now (until Merriman can prove himself after the roids). But he gets maybe 20% of the pub.

Thats bullcrap.
                        I agree, he could finally get in a 3-4 this year and did well. He can rush the passer and cover well. I think he wasnt getting enough credit for him being a 4-3 DE in his career earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Thats bullcrap.
                          BBD, as usual brilliant analysis and post good sir. Suggs is a hell of a player but more importantly has become an all-around hybrid player and a team player. He doesn't want nor yearn for the camera and when he does get interviewed he's always giving the credit to his teammates for his success.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Oh definately. He's a better pure DE than both Ware and Merriman, he's better than Merriman in coverage, equal to Ware (maybe slight edge to Ware), equal to Ware in run stuffing and better than Merriman in that regards, and he's a better pass rusher than Ware (not Merriman, but let's see Shawne without the roids).

And unlike Ware and Merriman, Suggs body can hold up for an entire game as a full time DE. He's a more complete hybrid player than both of them.

And he can play both DE positions, and both OLB positions.

T Sizzle is the man. I was hoping the Giants got him in that draft. Great talent who gets overshadowed unfairly.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                              Yup we will be starting Jeff Garcia in his 40's at QB.
                              There is a difference though, Garcia will still be able to throw the ball, where as McNair's arm has completely disappeared.
                              HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information