QB at #29?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB at #29?

There have been multiple rumors of the Ravens possibly taking a QB at #29. ESPN Insider has said that one rumor is the Ravens taking Trent Edwards in the first round. John Beck has also said he has talked to the Ravens, and they are very interested in him. Again these are just rumors, but I think it goes to show that the Ravens are ready to move on and look for a QB of the future.

How would you feel if the Ravens were to take Beck or Edwards at the end of round 1? Personally I think it may be a reach at #29, but then again these 2 QB's are shooting up draft boards big time. It would depend on what we do in the 2nd for me to like or hate a move like this. The O-line is really our only major hole right now, if we could land a guy like Sears in the 2nd, I'd be all for taking a QB at #29.

Well I wouldn't totally count out taking Edwards in round 1, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I don't see any way he is BPA at that point.

Plus it would ruin my draft day if we took any QB besides Quinn or Russell in round 1.

Comment

You can't really believe anything you hear. We just have to wait and see what's going to happen. Detroit is said to be very interested in John Beck with the 2nd pick in the 2nd round. If I'm the Ravens I'm telling Detroit that I'm taking Beck at #29 just to see what package they would give up to move to #29. You then drop down to the #2 overall pick in the 2nd round, take a guy like Edwards and still end up with our original 2nd at 61. Plus we would at least be getting a 3rd along with Detroits 2nd round pick if we were to trade with the Lions.

I would be estatic if we could trade back into the top of the 2nd, get our QB of the future, go bpa at #61, and also be able to pick in the 3rd round. I'm hoping this will happen. But once again we all have no clue of what is going to happen tomorrow.

Comment

All this QB talk is smoke and mirrors, there's no way we take a QB in the 1st round. Reaching for Edwards or Beck in either the 1st or 2nd would be a critical mistake IMO and the only reason this talk is out there is because of Neuhisal's man-crush on Edwards. Everyone knows I'm fully behind Kyle Boller as our QB of the future and I'm not about to argue that again. Alls I'm saying is that if we do get a QB in this draft he better be the real deal and he better be a solid QB for the next 5-10 years. This carousel of QB's every other year is ridiculous and I'm tired of it. If they don't stick with Kyle then this new kid better get it done!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

If we took a QB round one, I would flip a ****. I don't like drafting QBs often.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
            All this QB talk is smoke and mirrors, there's no way we take a QB in the 1st round. Reaching for Edwards or Beck in either the 1st or 2nd would be a critical mistake IMO and the only reason this talk is out there is because of Neuhisal's man-crush on Edwards. Everyone knows I'm fully behind Kyle Boller as our QB of the future and I'm not about to argue that again. Alls I'm saying is that if we do get a QB in this draft he better be the real deal and he better be a solid QB for the next 5-10 years. This carousel of QB's every other year is ridiculous and I'm tired of it. If they don't stick with Kyle then this new kid better get it done!
            Well the new guy would deserve as much time as Boller got. Hopefully if we do draft a QB, it will turn out better than the last QB we drafted. The sad thing is once Boller is gone next year, we'll have nothing to show for the 5 years he was here. Missing on a QB is devestating to a team, imagine how much worse they feel for giving up those picks for a QB that didn't work out.

Comment

No way we pick John Beck in Round 1. I think that if we want Trent Edwards we can probably trade down with the Raiders for their 2nd and 3rd round picks

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

If we do take a QB at #29 then we didnt stay true to our board which would mean we went against everything that has made us successful in the past drafts.
                HALL OF FAMER!
                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                  If we do take a QB at #29 then we didnt stay true to our board which would mean we went against everything that has made us successful in the past drafts.
                  To be fair, we don't know what the Ravens board looks like. They could very well have John Beck or Trent Edwards rated high enough to where they could be the bpa at #29.

My honest opinion right now is that the Ravens will select a QB with their first pick. Be it at #29 or a trade back into the 2nd round. I think the player that the Ravens really covet at the QB position is Trent Edwards. Just my opinion, I know it probably isn't going to turn out that way.

Comment

Edwards is smart, he went to Stanford, he'll do the job well.
                    Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
                    Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

Comment

I'd really be against picking a QB at the end of round one, just doesn't seem to be great value there. I would love, as Troj, suggested to move down into the top of round two and pick up an extra pick or something.

Comment

I will say that I have heard alot of buzz about Trent Edwards to the Ravens. I have heard Neuheisel loves him, and if it were his choice, he would be the pick at 29. I think Edwards is a solid prospect, but I rank him in the late 2nd round range, so I'd be pretty pissed if he's the pick at 29.

I've also heard things about us being interested in Kevin Kolb. Kolb's agent said that the Ravens have shown a bunch of interest in him, maybe more than any other team. I'd love to have him, because I have him as the 3rd quarterback in the draft, and I think will be a very good player if he gets the chance. Obviously I don't want him at 29, but I'd really like him in the 2nd, which could be a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by go_ravens94 View Post
                          Edwards is smart, he went to Stanford, he'll do the job well.
                          Yeah he'll do great for a QB with mediocre stats that faced horrible teams except for when they had real competition he was lousy. I don't like em I don't want em but what can I do? Its Drew Stanton or know one IMO, so here's to no QB's so we don't have to go through this nightmare of constant QB talks until training camp.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I honestly don't want to pick a QB. I hate using picks on quarterbacks..I don't know why. LINEMAN LINEMAN LINEMAN. And then hybrid players for the defense. That is all I really like.

Comment

Yea I am not really into QB in the first, I like Spencer but I am hoping for Moses in round 2 also.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information