This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
    The Bills stacked 7-8 guys on the Line of scrimmage almost every play, and played a press coverage. It gave the LB/DL just enough time to drop back into coverage. They used just about every player in coverage. It messed with Romo, and they couldnt run on that defense because there was a player lined up in every gap. Romo looked confused as to who to throw to because he had no read as to who was dropping back. IT was one of the best defensive schmes ive ever seen in football.
    Now....correct me if I'm wrong. But you guys usually did not rush more than 4 players, correct? You were usually dropping 7 into coverage...man on the outside and was it man with the LBs as well? How did you guys deal with Witten?
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
      Now....correct me if I'm wrong. But you guys usually did not rush more than 4 players, correct? You were usually dropping 7 into coverage...man on the outside and was it man with the LBs as well? How did you guys deal with Witten?
      Yes, we didnt usually rush more than 4. At times we would send more. But your right for the most part. They seemed to play a cover two man. The Lb's were manned up for the most part, but it also seemed that they played the Tampa 2 with John Digiorgio in the deep middle. They could use the DE or the OLB to man up with the TE/SB.

Jason Witten ate us alive. He had a good 9-10 catches for around 100 yards and a TD. We just didnt have anyone big enough to keep up with him. We held TO in tact. Jabari Greer was awesome in manning him up.

Comment

• NO!! We're boned:

Today
        Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:09 PM ET | Link

PRACTICE UPDATE: As we already reported Trent Edwards is back practicing as the #2. He's throwing passes. Not practicing is Derek Schouman who was watching on the sidelines with his right leg in an immobilizer boot. Dick Jauron said Monday it was an ankle problem.
        "It was an ankle and I’m not sure what they’re going to call it," said Jauron Monday. "You hate to have them put that one term on it. We’ll have to wait and see."
        Looking at Schouman in an immobilizer boot it looks as though it is a high ankle sprain. Further evidence that Schouman won't be available this week is Matt Murphy is back working at tight end and wearing jersey number 87. He had been working the past few weeks at offensive tackle.
        John DiGiorgio is not practicing as well as Roscoe Parrish.

Comment

• how are we boned?
          Edwards is finally back on the bench

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
            how are we boned?
            HAHA, im gonna take this as a joke. Im going to be honest, JP would not have beaten the Ravens, plaing and simple. I think he would've lost one of them agais the Jets. So let me ask you this. Would you still be happy with JP if we were 2-6 right now? Didnt think so.

Give respect where respect is due. Trent did a hell of a job controlling the clock and moving the ball, in minimizing mistakes. Something JP has one hell of a time doing. Im telling you right now. I dont expect anything out of the NE unless Trent is playing. Not saying we will win with Trent as the QB, but I think Trent gives us the best chance to beat NE.

I got a feeling that Jauron is letting Trent heal, knowing we are paying the Dolphins this week, and saving him up for the NE game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
              how are we boned?
              Ugghhh. I'm talking Schouman here, people. You know, a position that actually matters.

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
              HAHA, im gonna take this as a joke. Im going to be honest, JP would not have beaten the Ravens, plaing and simple. I think he would've lost one of them agais the Jets. So let me ask you this. Would you still be happy with JP if we were 2-6 right now? Didnt think so.

Give respect where respect is due. Trent did a hell of a job controlling the clock and moving the ball, in minimizing mistakes. Something JP has one hell of a time doing. Im telling you right now. I dont expect anything out of the NE unless Trent is playing. Not saying we will win with Trent as the QB, but I think Trent gives us the best chance to beat NE.

I got a feeling that Jauron is letting Trent heal, knowing we are paying the Dolphins this week, and saving him up for the NE game.
              -HOW HOW HOW would JP not have beaten the Jets?? Or the Ravens for that matter?

I'm going to be honest, JP would've beaten Dallas. Would you be unhappy with 5-3 right now? Didnt think so. [/mocking you]

See, I can make fun claims, too. Although this one probably had a better chance of happening than anyone starting for us losing to the Jets, although Edwards was pushing it in our second meeting.

-JP finally played a game with our o-line as it is now, and we dominated the time of possession. Awful defense, I know. He did not do it in his early games, but don't tell me he can't sustain drives right now when there isn't enough action behind this OL to prove either side of that argument. It's a different unit than from the first couple games.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                Ugghhh. I'm talking Schouman here, people. You know, a position that actually matters.

-HOW HOW HOW would JP not have beaten the Jets?? Or the Ravens for that matter?

I'm going to be honest, JP would've beaten Dallas. Would you be unhappy with 5-3 right now? Didnt think so. [/mocking you]

See, I can make fun claims, too. Although this one probably had a better chance of happening than anyone starting for us losing to the Jets, although Edwards was pushing it in our second meeting.

-JP finally played a game with our o-line as it is now, and we dominated the time of possession. Awful defense, I know. He did not do it in his early games, but don't tell me he can't sustain drives right now when there isn't enough action behind this OL to prove either side of that argument. It's a different unit than from the first couple games.
                Allright, with Trent in there we would be 5-3 at worst as well, because he would have provided some offense across the middle of the field agaisnt Denver! Something JP couldnt do.

Please dont tell me about how well JP stood in the pocket agaisnt Cincinatti. Cincinatti's starting DE was plaing LB. They are a horrible defense and had no pressure all day. Not knocking the DL, but I can tell you against Miami, people, JP will not produce as well a you think he will. With Jason Taylor in his face all day, you'll see that your precious boy aint that pretty.

Comment

Allright, with Trent in there we would be 5-3 at worst as well, because he would have provided some offense across the middle of the field agaisnt Denver! Something JP couldnt do.

Please dont tell me about how well JP stood in the pocket agaisnt Cincinatti. Cincinatti's starting DE was plaing LB. They are a horrible defense and had no pressure all day. Not knocking the DL, but I can tell you against Miami, people, JP will not produce as well a you think he will. With Jason Taylor in his face all day, you'll see that your precious boy aint that pretty.
                  ....I won't. If I recall correctly from the post you quoted, I said we can't make a call yet on JP behind this line, and that Cincy's D was awful.

I'll admit what I see after the Miami game. But it hasn't happened yet.
                  Please stop saying everything as fact, it's really starting to irk me.

Comment

J Taylor Wont be in jp's face this year

Comment

• So this is the JP Losman tht all you guys are riding his nuts? Geez, come on, Four 3 and outs is stupid, against an 0-8 team!!! Please dont give me any excuses. "Apparenlty" the Bills players are backing him up, and only want to play for him. Sure looks like it doesnt it. JP has had all the time he needs, and he is his usual self. Locking on to Lee, and when Lee isnt open, he stands there like an ashole and gets sacked.

I am ready to put Gibran Hamden in. He couldnt do a worse job.

Comment

• I'll take the W.

5-4.

Comment

• ^ yeah, that.

JP did look terrible though.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Losman was abysmal in the first half. I literally was sure that he was trying to throw the game. The guy either couldn't hit open receivers or was throwing it to those blanketed by coverage.

It's the reason why the game was as close as it was. Game ball goes to the entire defense, no doubt.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              Losman was abysmal in the first half. I literally was sure that he was trying to throw the game. The guy either couldn't hit open receivers or was throwing it to those blanketed by coverage.

It's the reason why the game was as close as it was. Game ball goes to the entire defense, no doubt.
                              He was. Well, not to lose it, but to make the Patriots feel more comfortable than they should :)

...ok, he was atrocious.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                                He was. Well, not to lose it, but to make the Patriots feel more comfortable than they should :)

...ok, he was atrocious.
                                Im convinced that he should no longer be an NFL QB. This game just solidified every belief I had about Lossman. Locks onto WR, stand in the pocket too long, doesnt hit the check down. Hes done as far Im concerned.

Trent gives us the best chance to win, and there is no arguing that. If JP Lossman starts next week, Im predicting a 52-0 score. JP cannot hold a drive or sustain one. Trent does, and he miimizes mistakes. Im pissed the hell off because of Lossman. Hes garbage, and I think that personally the worst thing was for him to play against the worst defense in the league in the Bengals and get his low hopes up.

I think there is no chance but to start Trent Edwards and bench JP Lossman next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information