This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
    I'm likely to be at McFadden's tomorrow for preseason Bills Action dapper in my Moorman jersey.

At least NYC is accomodating...
    do u go there a lot.....I am there every weekend of the regular season. I go to Calico Jacks tho because I am not of age. Calico's is actually a sweet bar during the week in general.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• What ever happened to the talks of the Browns and Bills looking into a trade that would send Ashton Youboty to Cleveland? I'm worried about our pathetic corners after our two starters.

Is Youboty even worth it or is he pretty much a bust at this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
        What ever happened to the talks of the Browns and Bills looking into a trade that would send Ashton Youboty to Cleveland? I'm worried about our pathetic corners after our two starters.

Is Youboty even worth it or is he pretty much a bust at this point?
        He's a good nickel back but thats about it

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          He's a good nickel back but thats about it
          Well that is exactlly what we need. McDonald and Wright are going to be our starters and we need someone to bring in who is willing to be just the nickel.

Comment

• anyone else getting very worried about the Peters situation? I think even if he does come back now, it will set our OL back quite a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
              anyone else getting very worried about the Peters situation? I think even if he does come back now, it will set our OL back quite a bit.
              I'm worried; I just made Marshawn Lynch my #1 pick in fantasy :(

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                I'm worried; I just made Marshawn Lynch my #1 pick in fantasy :(
                haha, yeah. I still like lynch tho. Langston Walker will be fine run blocking, I just feel bad for trent.

Comment

haha, yeah. I still like lynch tho. Langston Walker will be fine run blocking, I just feel bad for trent.

urghhh, how long will Walker be out for?
                  I heard his arm injury is really bad...

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                  my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                  But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• That would be just about the worst possible guy to lose right now.

Comment

• X rays were negative.....thats good. But I agree Mcgee. Not only do we lose a very good player, we lose our leverage with Peters. This could be horrible. We just have to wait and see.

Comment

• How good is the depth on the O-line in Buffalo and who do you guys expect to take the spots of Peters/Walker?

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          How good is the depth on the O-line in Buffalo and who do you guys expect to take the spots of Peters/Walker?
                          depth is an issue. Our starters are very good but we are thin, especially at T. I would assume Matt Murphy and Kirk Chambers would step in, which is not good whatsoever. Maybe Demetrius Bell has shown enough raw talent in camp. Either way....not good especially with a young QB. I dont want Edwards going the way of David Carr.

Comment

depth is an issue. Our starters are very good but we are thin, especially at T. I would assume Matt Murphy and Kirk Chambers would step in, which is not good whatsoever. Maybe Demetrius Bell has shown enough raw talent in camp. Either way....not good especially with a young QB. I dont want Edwards going the way of David Carr.
                            Are Murphy and Chambers more of a liability in the run blocking or pass protection?

Comment

• Well first of all, Matt Murphy has a torn rotator cuff. He could opt of surgery now due to how thin we are and how he's feeling in the coming days, but it's not the best situation with him either and his season very well might be over already. It's his first year playing tackle, as well, as he is a converted tight end.
                              Chambers has looked good in pass protection in this preseason but was far from impressive in his time last year. Bell was a 7th round project that is progressing quicker than expected, but is hardly a desirable starter, or even top backup really. Murphy is a big question mark, I'd think he's the last option anyway. It's a bad situation, we haven't seen much of any of these guys. If it ended up being Bell and Chambers, I think the run blocking would be a bigger dropoff but the line as a whole would go to hell, nothing would be well protected. We'd actually get absolutely destroyed on pass rush from the left side, I'm sure. We'd honestly be really bad in every facet, I don't even want ot think about it. Our best remaining linemen in that scenario (Dockery and Butler) would be flanked on both sides by weak linemen.
                              Of course, we don't know for sure when we'll have Peters or Walker. Please be back soon. We can live with Chambers at RT for a little while, assuming its not one of our projects on the left side.
                              Last edited by SuperMcGee; 08-24-2008, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• I think Peters with report soon. He's not going to get more from the money poor Bills and they won't trade him. Holdouts are just normal but holdouts into the season are extremely rare so I think he reports as soon as the preseason ends. Worst case scenerio now is we won't have a shot at keeping him when he becomes a FA. He'll be gone for sure.
                                And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information