Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demtrius Bell will be a starting Lt for some team in 2-3 years. Peters will report soon. I love Marshawn Lynch. go Bills. 10-6 !
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      Demtrius Bell will be a starting Lt for some team in 2-3 years. Peters will report soon. I love Marshawn Lynch. go Bills. 10-6 !
      Bell will more likely be a reserve OG for the Bills or perhaps a starter but not at LT.
      Last edited by Iamcanadian; 08-26-2008, 10:48 PM.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

• I am just waiting to wake up and do my daily check on PFT and see the whole Peters thing is cleared up.....

Bell looked good when I saw him at training camp...... I dont think he will be terrible....

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

• Anyone else think Rian Lindell will lead the league in FGs this year? I see the Bills having trouble in the Red Zone even with the addition of James Hardy because Trent Edwards has trouble throwing the fade route.

Comment

• Lindell should have a damn good year, he always does.
            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
              Lindell should have a damn good year, he always does.
              Yeah I know..... I have a very high level of confidence when he goes to make a field goal. Has anyone seen him in person? He is a pretty big dude, especially for a kicker.

Comment

• ^I agree. He's one of the most underrated kickers.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• So does anyone think there will be surprises for cuts?

Who do you think will make the team? Justin Jenkins or Steve Johnson?

I hope Steve Johnson make it.

Comment

• I have no reason at all to hope Justin Jenkins doesn't make this team. Not to say that the team and I are not fans of Johnson, who might not be completely out of the picture and could be used well in a couple of ways.
                    Last edited by SuperMcGee; 08-28-2008, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                      I have no reason at all to hope Justin Jenkins doesn't make this team. Not to say that the team and I are not fans of Johnson, who might not be completely out of the picture and could be used well in a couple of ways.
                      I think last nights' performance may have solidified a spot for Steve Johnson on the team.

Also, I have not be impressed in the least bit with Dwayne Wright. He's fumbled and doesnt seem to have a good AVG.

Well here we are for RB:

Lynch
                      Jackson
                      Wright
                      Omon
                      Barnes
                      --------------

I think that is who we are keeping for RB/FB.

Comment

• I dont think we'll keep 4 RBs and a FB on the active roster.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• I would be surprised if Omon got cut and Wright made the team.

Comment

• There weren't a ton of surprises as the Bills coaching staff reduced their roster to the required 53 on Saturday afternoon, but there were a few veteran free agent pickups that just didn't make the grade.

Free agent signees Courtney Anderson, Will James and Donnie Spragan were all released Saturday after signing with the club this offseason.

Also waived on Saturday were LB Jon Banks, LB Marcus Buggs, LB Blake Costanzo, OL Dustin Dickinson, OT Patrick Estes, FB Jonathan Evans, OL Robert Felton, DB Dustin Fox, OL Christian Gaddis, RB Bruce Hall, WR Felton Huggins, DT Jason Jefferson, DE Derrick Jones, DT Corey Mace, TE Tim Massaquoi, WR Scott Mayle, OL Nevin McCaskill, DT Teraz McCray and RB Dwayne Wright.

Will James was considered a virtual lock to land the nickel corner role after some strong play coming out of the spring camps, but during the preseason, though he played well in zone calls, he had some struggles in man-to-man coverage.

That combined with the fact that Ashton Youboty, Leodis McKelvin and Reggie Corner showed enough consistency and depth playing in the slot likely gave the coaching staff enough confidence to sacrifice some experience at the position.

Anderson and Spragan just never made an impact as neither was really able to advance past the third unit on the depth chart. Spragan was a training camp pickup after injuries struck the linebacker position this summer.

Another veteran who became a victim of a numbers game was DT Jason Jefferson, whose odds of making the roster were reduced after the offseason acquisitions of Marcus Stroud and Spencer Johnson.

Bills former fourth-round pick Dwayne Wright was also released as fumbling proved to be his undoing. Wright fumbled in three of the team's four preseason games. Instead rookie sixth-round pick Xavier Omon made the club as the team's third running back.

Surprisingly the coaching staff carried just three tight ends on the roster including the injured Derek Fine and Derek Schouman. Both Fine and Schouman are questionable at best for the opener with no firm timetable on a return for either.

Buffalo also went light at linebacker with just six kept on the roster including defensive back turned linebacker Jon Corto, an Orchard Park native

Comment

• Only surprise is that we only kept 3 TE imo. I expected Wright to get cut.

Comment

• Yeah, same thought.
                                I'm a little surprised that all of Costanzo, Buggs, Banks, and Spragan were cut. Good for Corto to have emerged there, but I thought 7 was definitely a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information