Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We'd have to, CB now becomes priority. I agree with McGee, a starter has to be brought in at WLB

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
      We'd have to, CB now becomes priority. I agree with McGee, a starter has to be brought in at WLB
      Two things...

1.) Do you think the cornerback would be a veteran/rookie, starter/backup?
      2.) I thought Mitchell was WLB... Unless you're planning on sliding him over to SLB.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
        Two things...

1.) Do you think the cornerback would be a veteran/rookie, starter/backup?
        2.) I thought Mitchell was WLB... Unless you're planning on sliding him over to SLB.
        I'd say it'd have to be a veteran. We already have a project in McKelvin.

Always mix up SLB and WLB, my fault

Comment

I'd say it'd have to be a veteran. We already have a project in McKelvin.

Always mix up SLB and WLB, my fault

Do you know what good CBs will be available?
          If they're not willing to give the money to Greer, then that means we'll have to get someone that isn't at Greer's talent level.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
            But...
            If the Bills tried to resign Greer, then that means they feel having 3 good CBs is important.
            So if we don't resign him, we have McGee, McKelvin, Youboty, and Corner.
            But they might still want to sign/draft another one, right?
            Sure they would. But I just look at what we have and sort of like it. It's young and Youboty is unreliable, but there's no need for drastic change. I was pretty critical of McKelvin last year, McGee went from stellar to crap after the injury (he came on as the weeks passed, though). There will be another piece added to the group, yes. It's actually sort of an unreliable group as it stands, but I'm putting my trust in them. This is nothing more than how I feel, but what more do you want from me? I would take Jabari back without thinking twice about it, and welcome any new corner if it was a good investment, but we have bigger needs.

Comment

• for me this year dont look good but next offseason is going to look great for the new HC.

with greer walking that is going to put pressure on the defense that wasnt there before. greer was pretty solid as the #1 corner. dont get your feathers in a bunch. by the simple fact that greer played right corner and matched more often than not against an offense's X or #1 receiver ...

with greer gone that is one thing. the other is the bills moving donte to free safety. for sake of argument ... donte hasnt been that stellar in coverage and he always seems to be just that step or 2 away from preventing the play. with him playing free safety that makes he responsible for backside coverage fulltime now. mcgee has always needed backside protection so with donte being the it guy ... throwing towards mcgee is going to be even more of an adventure. especially if mckelvin gets the nod at right corner where he eventually took over for an injured greer. yeah passing on the bills should be fun this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pysseddoph View Post
                for me this year dont look good but next offseason is going to look great for the new HC.

with greer walking that is going to put pressure on the defense that wasnt there before. greer was pretty solid as the #1 corner. dont get your feathers in a bunch. by the simple fact that greer played right corner and matched more often than not against an offense's X or #1 receiver ...

with greer gone that is one thing. the other is the bills moving donte to free safety. for sake of argument ... donte hasnt been that stellar in coverage and he always seems to be just that step or 2 away from preventing the play. with him playing free safety that makes he responsible for backside coverage fulltime now. mcgee has always needed backside protection so with donte being the it guy ... throwing towards mcgee is going to be even more of an adventure. especially if mckelvin gets the nod at right corner where he eventually took over for an injured greer. yeah passing on the bills should be fun this year.
                I just foresee everybody effectively throwing underneath our massive cushions like they have been for 3 years. But good points nonetheless. I wouldn't say McGee has always needed that much protection, but he had enough rough games last year. Hopefully he comes in at 100% and can play like he did before getting hurt last year.

Comment

• Dockery and Royal to be cut.
                  Royal is no surprise despite his locker room presence.
                  Dockery is pricy but it caught me off guard. No pun intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                    Dockery and Royal to be cut.
                    Royal is no surprise despite his locker room presence.
                    Dockery is pricy but it caught me off guard. No pun intended.
                    Dockery was a leader on the line and easily our best lineman second to Peters, stupid move

Comment

Dockery was a leader on the line and easily our best lineman second to Peters, stupid move
                      I disagree with getting rid of Dockery. In my mind, Walker has been our best lineman, but that's besides the point. This is a hole that we didn't need to create for ourselves, even at his price.

Comment

• I really hope we cut Kelsay.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

• Wow, cutting Dockery was a surprise but I can't say I disagree. It's going to be really interesting to see what direction we go in free agency. I'm hopeful that we can rid ourselves of Schobel and Kelsay as well.

Comment

• Hopefully I will be around more.......sorry for the extended absence. The DD move is interesting to say the least. I dont think anyone will argue that it improves our talent bc Dockery was at least average last year in what was a down year for him. However, it does save us a nice sum of money and IF(and thats a huge if) we use that money to sign a true difference maker, it could be worth it imo.

Also, the reasoning given seems to be that we are going to move to a lighter, more athletic line which I actually love. Whether it will come true, I have no idea, but it seem like a good plan to me because the behemoths we have had as of late have not been getting the job done.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• If they go lighter up front, Jackson fits that style so much more than Lynch, the man is at full speed before anyone else is, I love it, but its not the best for Lynch's style IMO.

Comment

• This free agency has been REALLY slow and boring, no big signings yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information