This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
    McKelvin is going in as our #2 CB (behind McGee)
    The coaching staff is going to say that it's an "open competition" but I don't see anyone beating him out for that.

I think McKelvin will continue to return kicks. The reasoning for this is that even when McGee became a starting CB, he still returned kicks. I don't see them changing it up at all. Especially considering McKelvin had one of the best return averages in the NFL.
    Pretty much this.
    But still, you should've replied

ELLIS "THE SEX" LANKSTER, ************!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
      Pretty much this.
      But still, you should've replied
      You are correct.
      My mistake. The Sex will be starting soon enough.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
        McKelvin is going in as our #2 CB (behind McGee)
        The coaching staff is going to say that it's an "open competition" but I don't see anyone beating him out for that.

I think McKelvin will continue to return kicks. The reasoning for this is that even when McGee became a starting CB, he still returned kicks. I don't see them changing it up at all. Especially considering McKelvin had one of the best return averages in the NFL.
        The problem is kick returners get injured or at least banged up getting tackled all the time. You really don't want your starting CB's returning kicks unless you are desperate.
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Well, we usually are pretty desperate to begin with. We have a perenially bad offense, we need as much of a field position advantage as we can get. With the emphasis this team places on special teams, McKelvin's official position may as well be CB/KR.
          Plus it's what the fans want to see. Appease!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
            The problem is kick returners get injured or at least banged up getting tackled all the time. You really don't want your starting CB's returning kicks unless you are desperate.
            I don't remember McGee or Parrish every getting hurt on KR or PR.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbills View Post
              I don't remember McGee or Parrish every getting hurt on KR or PR.
              Players get banged up in the NFL all the time. The more you ask of them the more likely they are to suffer injuries which may still allow them to play but at a very reduced performance level. Most teams in the NFL prefer non starters to play on the kick return teams for this very reason. Buffalo hasn't played at a playoff level for years and using your starting CB's as kick returners is a good way of assuring that you never reach the playoffs.
              And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                Players get banged up in the NFL all the time. The more you ask of them the more likely they are to suffer injuries which may still allow them to play but at a very reduced performance level. Most teams in the NFL prefer non starters to play on the kick return teams for this very reason. Buffalo hasn't played at a playoff level for years and using your starting CB's as kick returners is a good way of assuring that you never reach the playoffs.
                Well that is why we always have great ST, we put the best PR and KR out there and it pays off. All you are asking is McLovin to return the ball like 4 times a game (and I don't remember him getting light up yet), not like he is out on the field for 80% of the game. Also we have very good depth at CB so say he does get hurt and is out a week or 2 so what we have depth. I'll take the risk of him getting hurt to have a top 5 KR do that job.

Comment

• You can't go off of the precedent that "McGee was never seriously hurt" or that "McKelvin never got lit up" in his year of return duties. The risk is always there.

And Parrish does get hurt. We use him pretty much solely on PR. I'm probably bigger than Roscoe, but still, you can't say he doesnt get hurt.

We have a lot of good nickel options, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with Corner or Florence lining up outside should someone get hurt (a concern we already have with McGee).

With all that in mind, I am still all for McKelvin bringing back kicks.

Comment

• The risk is there when he plays CB too. You can get hurt anytime anywhere. Saying "O he might get hurt doing returns" well he might get hurt going for a jump ball. Yea more on the field the more chances but you don't take him off becuase "he might get hurt"

Comment

• DiGiorgio cut after failing physical :/

Sadly he should've been our best depth linebacker. Even more sad is that was the case while Keith Ellison is our starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                        DiGiorgio cut after failing physical :/

Sadly he should've been our best depth linebacker. Even more sad is that was the case while Keith Ellison is our starter.
                        Ouch......

Comment

• Eww I don't like the move to cut him but I guess it had to be done...

Why is it again that we didn't bring in any LB help?

This is kind of frustrating.
                          Last edited by ruthlessrussian; 07-25-2009, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• What about superstud Pat Thomas?

What's that? He's terrible? Oh, yeah, that sounds right.

******* Pisa.

Comment

• Let the Maybin experiment begin :)
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Went to training camp this morning. Was a lot of fun. Post here or PM me with questions if you'd like and I'll try to answer. I'm also gonna go again this week so if you have anything for me to look for, I'll try and do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information