Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forget my old username. I was pretty active for a while, had like 2000 posts.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Glazeduck is spot on when he brings up the conflicting reports from Mobile this week.

I read one article where Patrick Willis's coverage ability was questioned and then another one the same day that said he'd fit best in a Cover 2 scheme.

Chris Leak, Jason Hill, Justin Blalock, Leon Hall have all been in the same boat.

It's frustrating.

Comment

• Amobi Okoye will be our Tommie Harris.

Comment

• I know I haven't talked about getting him as much as I used to, but Brian Leonard would be AMAZING!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DWhitner20
            Amobi Okoye will be our Tommie Harris.
            I can see him as that type of player, he will take longer to develop tho

Comment

• Originally posted by DWhitner20
              Originally posted by DollarBill3181
              Originally posted by ChiFan24
              Originally posted by ChiFan24
              I have a scenario for you Bills fans:

You lose both FA

It's your pick. Quinn, Russell, Peterson, Johnson, Ginn, Thomas, Levi Brown, Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Alan Branch, and Reggie Nelson are off the board (in no order).

Cleveland is willing to trade #36 overall for McGahee

Marshawn Lynch is there, along with Jarrett, Bowe, Moses, Timmons, Willis, Revis, Hall, etc.

Do you trade McGahee and take Lynch?

Trade McGahee and take someone else? (I'm leading towards Timmons, as I have the Bills signing Harper)?

Or keep McGahee?
              thatd be awesome...
              Draft Jarrett 12th
              Now Rd2 depends on what we did in FA, we lost both i assume you mean Fletcher and Clements.
              Our Rd2 pick would depend on what outside FA we brought in,a OG LB or CB, hopefully we can get 2 of the 3 and then fill whats left.
              Get off Jarretts nuts :!:

:P
              couldnt i say the same about pat willis to, everyone lol

Its not even Jarrett, I like him cause I see him here and I like teh Bills, but if Calvin was the #2 or 3 WR rated that coudl go to us, itd be him i like.

What im "obsessed with" is the Bills getting a boafide (sp?) #2 WR to really put the passing game over the hump, and I with the situation at hand (Jarrett being the best option - better than any FA - but we cant expect Calvin) so im excited for the opportunity at drafting him. If we sign a drew bennett or something my icon will right away change to that of the next best guy i see us geting (pat willis or maybe poz)

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• hey Buffalo fans i have a question. Can Fletcher still play at a high level? Hes just about gone right? You guys think he can still be a great starter? Just maybe in 3-4 of New England

Comment

• Here's what Rob and I did in the Forum Mock for the Bills. I posted this in the Forum Mock Discussion thread as well...

Buffalo Bills 2007 Forum Mock Offseason

PLAYERS ACQUIRED VIA TRADE

1 - RB Michael Turner (Chargers)

2 - OG Jake Scott (Colts)

3 - CB Nick Harper (Colts)

4 - RB DeShaun Foster (Panthers)

PLAYERS ACQUIRED VIA DRAFT

#12 - LB Patrick Willis (Ole Miss)

#38 - OG Ben Grubbs (Auburn)

#49 - TE Greg Olsen (Miami)

#76 - WR Jason Hill (Washington State)

PLAYERS LOST

1 - RB Willis McGahee (Jets)

2 - LB Takeo Spikes (Jaguars)

DEPTH CHART

OFFENSE:
                  Backfield
                  QB JP Losman > Kelly Holcomb > Craig Nall
                  RB Michael Turner > DeShaun Foster > Anthony Thomas > Shaud Williams > Fred Jackson
                  FB Daimon Shelton
                  WR1 Lee Evans > Jason Hill > Roscoe Parrish > Andre Davis > George Wilson > Troy Bergeron
                  WR2 Peerless Price > Josh Reed > Sam Aiken > Chris Denney > Daunta Peterson
                  TE Robert Royal > Greg Olsen > Brad Cieslak > Kevin Everett > Ryan Neufeld > Matt Murphy

Offensive Line
                  LT Jason Peters > Walter Stith
                  LG Jake Scott > Mike Gandy > Tutan Reyes
                  C Melvin Fowler > Aaron Merz
                  RG Ben Grubbs > Duke Preston > Chris Villarrial
                  RT Terrance Pennington > Brad Butler > Randy Hand

DEFENSE:
                  Defensive Line
                  RE Chris Kelsay > Ryan Denney > Ryan Neil
                  NT Kyle Williams > Tim Anderson
                  UT Larry Tripplett > John McCargo > Jason Jefferson
                  LE Aaron Schobel > Anthony Hargrove > Eric Powell

Linebackers
                  SLB Patrick Willis > Mario Haggan > Roy Manning > Josh Stamer > Kevin Harrison
                  MLB London Fletcher > John DiGorgio
                  WLB Angelo Crowell > Keith Ellison > Coy Wire

Secondary
                  LCB Nate Clements > Nick Harper > Kiwaukee Thomas > Jabari Greer
                  RCB Terrence McGee > Ashton Youboty > Eric Bassey
                  FS Ko Simpson > Jim Leonhard
                  SS Donte Whitner > Matt Bowen

SPECIAL TEAMS:
                  K Rian Lindell
                  P Brian Moorman > Josh Brazen
                  LS Mike Scheck
                  KR Terrence McGee > Roscoe Parrish
                  PR Roscoe Parrish > Terrence McGee

Red - Indicates acquisition

BOTTOM LINE

I feel that Rob S and I have had a very successful offseason. At first glance, one might say that we lost two big "names" in Willis McGahee and Takeo Spikes. However, this is not the case. McGahee had fathered 3 children from 3 different women and suggested that the Bills move to Canada, so he obviously did not the exhibit high character that Marv Levy demands. Also, Ralph Wilson publically declared the ground game as a "dissapointment" after the season ended so we felt that we needed to upgrade the running back position. We feel that Michael Turner's combination of power and speed is a big upgrade over Willis McGahee and DeShaun Foster's quickness and agility provide a nice change of pace back.

Takeo Spikes came into last year off an achilles injury and was very disappointing. He was a liability in coverage at the Tampa-2 WLB and was actually replaced by 6th round draft pick Keith Ellison on 3rd downs. Shifting Angelo Crowell to WLB and drafting Patrick Willis to play SLB in our opinion is an upgrade over Spikes.

Greg Olsen, Jason Hill, Ben Grubbs, Jake Scott and Nick Harper are all guys that we really like as well and are thrilled to add. In Grubbs and Scott we have added 2 new starting guards and in Olsen we have added a TE which we can utilize in 2 TE sets as a reciever to Robert Royal's blocking. Hill is a guy that we are very high on and feel that he is our 2nd WR of the future and slot guy of the present. He is the sure-handed over-the-middle WR we wanted to compliment Lee Evans' speed. Finally, Nick Harper is a CB who we like because of his experience and success in the Tampa-2 and we feel that he is an excellent nickel corner who came in for great value as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay
                    Here's what Rob and I did in the Forum Mock for the Bills. I posted this in the Forum Mock Discussion thread as well...

OFFENSE:
                    Backfield
                    RB Michael Turner > DeShaun Foster > Anthony Thomas > Shaud Williams > Fred Jackson
                    FB Daimon Shelton
                    WR1 Lee Evans > Jason Hill > Roscoe Parrish > Andre Davis > George Wilson > Troy Bergeron
                    TE Robert Royal > Greg Olsen > Brad Cieslak > Kevin Everett > Ryan Neufeld > Matt Murphy

Offensive Line

DEFENSE:
                    Defensive Line

Linebackers

Secondary

SPECIAL TEAMS:
                    K Rian Lindell
                    LS Mike Scheck

BOTTOM LINE

I feel that Rob S and I have had a very successful offseason. At first glance, one might say that we lost two big "names" in Willis McGahee and Takeo Spikes. However, this is not the case. McGahee had fathered 3 children from 3 different women and suggested that the Bills move to Canada, so he obviously did not the exhibit high character that Marv Levy demands. Also, Ralph Wilson publically declared the ground game as a "dissapointment" after the season ended so we felt that we needed to upgrade the running back position. We feel that Michael Turner's combination of power and speed is a big upgrade over Willis McGahee and DeShaun Foster's quickness and agility provide a nice change of pace back.

Michael Turner--How do you know he isn't another Lamont Jordan RB, Oakland Raiders, he's done nothing to prove he can be an every down RB in the NFL. Also how did you acquire him???

Takeo Spikes came into last year off an achilles injury and was very disappointing. He was a liability in coverage at the Tampa-2 WLB and was actually replaced by 6th round draft pick Keith Ellison on 3rd downs. Shifting Angelo Crowell to WLB and drafting Patrick Willis to play SLB in our opinion is an upgrade over Spikes.

The scouting report on Willis is that he is a 2 down LBer who has problems in coverage. Can he play SLB in a cover 2??? He may turnout to be an upgrade in about 2-3 years but he's not a Spikes just yet.

Greg Olsen, Jason Hill, Ben Grubbs, Jake Scott and Nick Harper are all guys that we really like as well and are thrilled to add. In Grubbs and Scott we have added 2 new starting guards and in Olsen we have added a TE which we can utilize in 2 TE sets as a reciever to Robert Royal's blocking. Hill is a guy that we are very high on and feel that he is our 2nd WR of the future and slot guy of the present. He is the sure-handed over-the-middle WR we wanted to compliment Lee Evans' speed. Finally, Nick Harper is a CB who we like because of his experience and success in the Tampa-2 and we feel that he is an excellent nickel corner who came in for great value as well.
                    Your not going to get Greg Olsen in round 3, he a 2nd rounder at his worst. Jason Hill is nothing special, what makes you think he can be an NFL starter????
                    How did you acquire Scott and Harper from Indy???
                    And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Why would you want Olsen? He only caught 1 TD all year. He is nowhere near as good as the Miami TEs that came before him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian
                        Originally posted by art vandelay
                        Here's what Rob and I did in the Forum Mock for the Bills. I posted this in the Forum Mock Discussion thread as well...

OFFENSE:
                        Backfield
                        FB Daimon Shelton

Offensive Line

DEFENSE:
                        Defensive Line

Linebackers

Secondary

SPECIAL TEAMS:
                        K Rian Lindell
                        LS Mike Scheck

BOTTOM LINE

Michael Turner--How do you know he isn't another Lamont Jordan RB, Oakland Raiders, he's done nothing to prove he can be an every down RB in the NFL. Also how did you acquire him???

The scouting report on Willis is that he is a 2 down LBer who has problems in coverage. Can he play SLB in a cover 2??? He may turnout to be an upgrade in about 2-3 years but he's not a Spikes just yet.

Your not going to get Greg Olsen in round 3, he a 2nd rounder at his worst. Jason Hill is nothing special, what makes you think he can be an NFL starter????
                        Scott was a 6th, Harper a 5th, Jason Hill is a good pick in Rd.3 as I was contacted by 2 teams who wanted him after our selection. Patrick Willis is a very versatile LBer, and will move back to the middle when Fletcher moves on. And imo, a RB tandem of Turner/Foster is much better than Willis/Thomas. We gave a 2nd for Turner, but got a higher one back for Willis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salami
                          Why would you want Olsen? He only caught 1 TD all year. He is nowhere near as good as the Miami TEs that came before him.
                          He had Kyle Wright throwing him the ball :?

Comment

• With that off season we have 21 players who need to be cut or put on the practice squad. I think you might want to do some pruning.

Comment

• If it comes clear during the offseason that we decide to move Crowell to MLB(say we make a play for Briggs in FA, which I think we will and Marv will push hard to get him, if we fail:), I'd love to see Jon Beason in round 2. I think he would excell in a Cover 2 scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian
                                Originally posted by art vandelay

OFFENSE:
                                Backfield
                                FB Daimon Shelton

Offensive Line

DEFENSE:
                                Defensive Line

Linebackers

Secondary

SPECIAL TEAMS:
                                K Rian Lindell
                                LS Mike Scheck

BOTTOM LINE

WTF?

We picked Olsen in the 2nd Round. What makes you think Hill can't be an NFL starter? Do you even know anything about him? Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information