This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Ghost
    With that off season we have 21 players who need to be cut or put on the practice squad. I think you might want to do some pruning.
    You don't cut people in a Forum Mock Draft :?

Comment

• MICHAEL TURNER NO LONGER AN OPTION...

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...siness/?page=5

(it will cost a team a 1st rounder most likely)

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay
        Originally posted by Space Ghost
        With that off season we have 21 players who need to be cut or put on the practice squad. I think you might want to do some pruning.
        Still, why would you make a 74 man roster?

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Ghost
          Originally posted by art vandelay
          Originally posted by Space Ghost
          Still, why would you make a 74 man roster?
          Because that is everyone on our team right now...

Comment

• Originally posted by DWhitner20
            If it comes clear during the offseason that we decide to move Crowell to MLB(say we make a play for Briggs in FA, which I think we will and Marv will push hard to get him, if we fail:), I'd love to see Jon Beason in round 2. I think he would excell in a Cover 2 scheme.
            Ditto.

Comment

• Foster and Turner????

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl
                Foster and Turner????
                better than A-Train. And getting foster for trading down from round 4 to round 5 is a major steal imo.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Personally I'm glad to see that Turner has been tendered at such a high level because I am getting tired of hearing how he could be the Bills Savior at RB. I mean if we could have picked him up in FA thats one thing but he isn't anything that special to make half the Bills population herald him to what they do.
                  Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S
                    Originally posted by Iamcanadian
                    Here's what Rob and I did in the Forum Mock for the Bills. I posted this in the Forum Mock Discussion thread as well...

OFFENSE:
                    Backfield
                    QB JP Losman > Kelly Holcomb > Craig Nall
                    RB Michael Turner > DeShaun Foster > Anthony Thomas > Shaud Williams > Fred Jackson
                    FB Daimon Shelton
                    WR1 Lee Evans > Jason Hill > Roscoe Parrish > Andre Davis > George Wilson > Troy Bergeron
                    WR2 Peerless Price > Josh Reed > Sam Aiken > Chris Denney > Daunta Peterson
                    TE Robert Royal > Greg Olsen > Brad Cieslak > Kevin Everett > Ryan Neufeld > Matt Murphy

Offensive Line
                    LT Jason Peters > Walter Stith
                    LG Jake Scott > Mike Gandy > Tutan Reyes
                    C Melvin Fowler > Aaron Merz
                    RG Ben Grubbs > Duke Preston > Chris Villarrial
                    RT Terrance Pennington > Brad Butler > Randy Hand

DEFENSE:
                    Defensive Line
                    RE Chris Kelsay > Ryan Denney > Ryan Neil
                    NT Kyle Williams > Tim Anderson
                    UT Larry Tripplett > John McCargo > Jason Jefferson
                    LE Aaron Schobel > Anthony Hargrove > Eric Powell

Linebackers
                    SLB Patrick Willis > Mario Haggan > Roy Manning > Josh Stamer > Kevin Harrison
                    MLB London Fletcher > John DiGorgio
                    WLB Angelo Crowell > Keith Ellison > Coy Wire

Secondary
                    LCB Nate Clements > Nick Harper > Kiwaukee Thomas > Jabari Greer
                    RCB Terrence McGee > Ashton Youboty > Eric Bassey
                    FS Ko Simpson > Jim Leonhard
                    SS Donte Whitner > Matt Bowen

SPECIAL TEAMS:
                    K Rian Lindell
                    P Brian Moorman > Josh Brazen
                    LS Mike Scheck
                    KR Terrence McGee > Roscoe Parrish
                    PR Roscoe Parrish > Terrence McGee

Red - Indicates acquisition

BOTTOM LINE

I feel that Rob S and I have had a very successful offseason. At first glance, one might say that we lost two big "names" in Willis McGahee and Takeo Spikes. However, this is not the case. McGahee had fathered 3 children from 3 different women and suggested that the Bills move to Canada, so he obviously did not the exhibit high character that Marv Levy demands. Also, Ralph Wilson publically declared the ground game as a "dissapointment" after the season ended so we felt that we needed to upgrade the running back position. We feel that Michael Turner's combination of power and speed is a big upgrade over Willis McGahee and DeShaun Foster's quickness and agility provide a nice change of pace back.

Michael Turner--How do you know he isn't another Lamont Jordan RB, Oakland Raiders, he's done nothing to prove he can be an every down RB in the NFL. Also how did you acquire him???

Takeo Spikes came into last year off an achilles injury and was very disappointing. He was a liability in coverage at the Tampa-2 WLB and was actually replaced by 6th round draft pick Keith Ellison on 3rd downs. Shifting Angelo Crowell to WLB and drafting Patrick Willis to play SLB in our opinion is an upgrade over Spikes.

The scouting report on Willis is that he is a 2 down LBer who has problems in coverage. Can he play SLB in a cover 2??? He may turnout to be an upgrade in about 2-3 years but he's not a Spikes just yet.

Greg Olsen, Jason Hill, Ben Grubbs, Jake Scott and Nick Harper are all guys that we really like as well and are thrilled to add. In Grubbs and Scott we have added 2 new starting guards and in Olsen we have added a TE which we can utilize in 2 TE sets as a reciever to Robert Royal's blocking. Hill is a guy that we are very high on and feel that he is our 2nd WR of the future and slot guy of the present. He is the sure-handed over-the-middle WR we wanted to compliment Lee Evans' speed. Finally, Nick Harper is a CB who we like because of his experience and success in the Tampa-2 and we feel that he is an excellent nickel corner who came in for great value as well.
                    Your not going to get Greg Olsen in round 3, he a 2nd rounder at his worst. Jason Hill is nothing special, what makes you think he can be an NFL starter????
                    How did you acquire Scott and Harper from Indy???
                    Scott was a 6th, Harper a 5th, Jason Hill is a good pick in Rd.3 as I was contacted by 2 teams who wanted him after our selection. Patrick Willis is a very versatile LBer, and will move back to the middle when Fletcher moves on. And imo, a RB tandem of Turner/Foster is much better than Willis/Thomas. We gave a 2nd for Turner, but got a higher one back for Willis.
                    The Bills traded their 5th for Hargrove

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083
                      Originally posted by Rob S
                      Originally posted by Iamcanadian
                      Here's what Rob and I did in the Forum Mock for the Bills. I posted this in the Forum Mock Discussion thread as well...

OFFENSE:
                      Backfield
                      QB JP Losman > Kelly Holcomb > Craig Nall
                      RB Michael Turner > DeShaun Foster > Anthony Thomas > Shaud Williams > Fred Jackson
                      FB Daimon Shelton
                      WR1 Lee Evans > Jason Hill > Roscoe Parrish > Andre Davis > George Wilson > Troy Bergeron
                      WR2 Peerless Price > Josh Reed > Sam Aiken > Chris Denney > Daunta Peterson
                      TE Robert Royal > Greg Olsen > Brad Cieslak > Kevin Everett > Ryan Neufeld > Matt Murphy

Offensive Line
                      LT Jason Peters > Walter Stith
                      LG Jake Scott > Mike Gandy > Tutan Reyes
                      C Melvin Fowler > Aaron Merz
                      RG Ben Grubbs > Duke Preston > Chris Villarrial
                      RT Terrance Pennington > Brad Butler > Randy Hand

DEFENSE:
                      Defensive Line
                      RE Chris Kelsay > Ryan Denney > Ryan Neil
                      NT Kyle Williams > Tim Anderson
                      UT Larry Tripplett > John McCargo > Jason Jefferson
                      LE Aaron Schobel > Anthony Hargrove > Eric Powell

Linebackers
                      SLB Patrick Willis > Mario Haggan > Roy Manning > Josh Stamer > Kevin Harrison
                      MLB London Fletcher > John DiGorgio
                      WLB Angelo Crowell > Keith Ellison > Coy Wire

Secondary
                      LCB Nate Clements > Nick Harper > Kiwaukee Thomas > Jabari Greer
                      RCB Terrence McGee > Ashton Youboty > Eric Bassey
                      FS Ko Simpson > Jim Leonhard
                      SS Donte Whitner > Matt Bowen

SPECIAL TEAMS:
                      K Rian Lindell
                      P Brian Moorman > Josh Brazen
                      LS Mike Scheck
                      KR Terrence McGee > Roscoe Parrish
                      PR Roscoe Parrish > Terrence McGee

Red - Indicates acquisition

BOTTOM LINE

I feel that Rob S and I have had a very successful offseason. At first glance, one might say that we lost two big "names" in Willis McGahee and Takeo Spikes. However, this is not the case. McGahee had fathered 3 children from 3 different women and suggested that the Bills move to Canada, so he obviously did not the exhibit high character that Marv Levy demands. Also, Ralph Wilson publically declared the ground game as a "dissapointment" after the season ended so we felt that we needed to upgrade the running back position. We feel that Michael Turner's combination of power and speed is a big upgrade over Willis McGahee and DeShaun Foster's quickness and agility provide a nice change of pace back.

Michael Turner--How do you know he isn't another Lamont Jordan RB, Oakland Raiders, he's done nothing to prove he can be an every down RB in the NFL. Also how did you acquire him???

Takeo Spikes came into last year off an achilles injury and was very disappointing. He was a liability in coverage at the Tampa-2 WLB and was actually replaced by 6th round draft pick Keith Ellison on 3rd downs. Shifting Angelo Crowell to WLB and drafting Patrick Willis to play SLB in our opinion is an upgrade over Spikes.

The scouting report on Willis is that he is a 2 down LBer who has problems in coverage. Can he play SLB in a cover 2??? He may turnout to be an upgrade in about 2-3 years but he's not a Spikes just yet.

Greg Olsen, Jason Hill, Ben Grubbs, Jake Scott and Nick Harper are all guys that we really like as well and are thrilled to add. In Grubbs and Scott we have added 2 new starting guards and in Olsen we have added a TE which we can utilize in 2 TE sets as a reciever to Robert Royal's blocking. Hill is a guy that we are very high on and feel that he is our 2nd WR of the future and slot guy of the present. He is the sure-handed over-the-middle WR we wanted to compliment Lee Evans' speed. Finally, Nick Harper is a CB who we like because of his experience and success in the Tampa-2 and we feel that he is an excellent nickel corner who came in for great value as well.
                      Your not going to get Greg Olsen in round 3, he a 2nd rounder at his worst. Jason Hill is nothing special, what makes you think he can be an NFL starter????
                      How did you acquire Scott and Harper from Indy???
                      Scott was a 6th, Harper a 5th, Jason Hill is a good pick in Rd.3 as I was contacted by 2 teams who wanted him after our selection. Patrick Willis is a very versatile LBer, and will move back to the middle when Fletcher moves on. And imo, a RB tandem of Turner/Foster is much better than Willis/Thomas. We gave a 2nd for Turner, but got a higher one back for Willis.
                      The Bills traded their 5th for Hargrove
                      we traded down from the 4th and pick up foster.
                      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Weeeelll... I'm bored and the thread is at the bottom of the page, so here are the people I want in the draft in order, I don't really care if they will be off the board, but here it is, top 20.

1. Calvin Johnson
                        2. Alan Branch
                        3. Gaines Adams
                        4. Jamaal Anderson
                        5. Adrian Peterson
                        6. Amobi Okoye
                        7. Patrick Willis
                        8. Lawrence Timmons
                        9. Paul Posluszny
                        10. Marshawn Lynch
                        11. Jon Beason
                        12. Victor Abiamiri
                        13. Charles Johnson
                        14. Quentin Moses
                        15. Leon Hall
                        16. Dwayne Jarrett
                        17. Daymeion Hughes
                        18. Ben Grubbs
                        19. Dwayne Bowe
                        20. Aaron Sears

Comment

• 1. Calvin Johnson
                          2. Adrian Peterson
                          3. Alan Branch
                          4. Amobi Okoye
                          5. Gaines Adams
                          6. Patrick Willis
                          7. Lawrence Timmons
                          8. Jamaal Anderson
                          9. Paul Posluszny
                          10. Dwayne Jarrett

Off the top of my head my preferred Top 10.
                          Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills Guru
                            1. Calvin Johnson
                            2. Adrian Peterson
                            3. Alan Branch
                            4. Amobi Okoye
                            5. Gaines Adams
                            6. Patrick Willis
                            7. Lawrence Timmons
                            8. Jamaal Anderson
                            9. Paul Posluszny
                            10. Dwayne Jarrett

Off the top of my head my preferred Top 10.
                            I like that list. I might jumble that bunch of DE and LB, but I like it

Comment

• What are your guys thoughts on Brandon Jackson out of Nebraska?

Comment

• Since the McGahee allegations are true id go for someone better but JAckson is a good backup.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information