Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first of all, we have the 42nd pick in the 2nd, not 44th...semantics.

secondly, I'd have to say that alot of it depends on what we do in free agency. I look at TE as a peripheral need, ie. not a glaring one, but if we're able to patch up the rest of the holes I'm ok with it. I'd prefer a guy like Sidney Rice, because i see wr as a greater need (especially a big one), I see him as being more talented than Miller and Olsen, and because I feel the draft depth at TE is pretty deep. The fact that a guy like Joe Newton, Scott Chandler, Ben Patrick or Matt Spaeth could slip to day 2 would suggest that we could get better value for a TE (which again is not a huge need) later in the draft.

That said, as I said earlier, if we do enough in free agency and in the 1st round that TE is a viable option, then I'm definitely good w/ taking the best available...Just don't see it happening. I'd rather have a Chris Houston or a Sidney Rice.

Comment

• Originally posted by glazeduck
      first of all, we have the 42nd pick in the 2nd, not 44th...semantics.

secondly, I'd have to say that alot of it depends on what we do in free agency. I look at TE as a peripheral need, ie. not a glaring one, but if we're able to patch up the rest of the holes I'm ok with it. I'd prefer a guy like Sidney Rice, because i see wr as a greater need (especially a big one), I see him as being more talented than Miller and Olsen, and because I feel the draft depth at TE is pretty deep. The fact that a guy like Joe Newton, Scott Chandler, Ben Patrick or Matt Spaeth could slip to day 2 would suggest that we could get better value for a TE (which again is not a huge need) later in the draft.

That said, as I said earlier, if we do enough in free agency and in the 1st round that TE is a viable option, then I'm definitely good w/ taking the best available...Just don't see it happening. I'd rather have a Chris Houston or a Sidney Rice.
      Ooo... 42nd overall, even nicer :D

Anyways, I don't disagree with you necessarily, but I don't think that this is the right time to go for a receiver. Receiver is our deepest position and while we lack a true number two receiver, sometimes I prefer having a plethora of average receivers and our home run threat in Lee Evans. I would much rather have a better check down at tight-end, and both Miller and Olsen have a higher floor than any receiver we are going to get in the second round and I love me some floor a lot more than ceiling in the earlier rounds, especially when with these two guys they actually have a really high ceiling as well.

I am probably the biggest Sidney Rice fan on this message board, but I do know that he is probably the biggest risk at wide receiver in this draft after Ted Ginn and maybe Paul Williams depending on where he ends up being drafted. Then there is the two ends, one of whom broke many receiving records by one of the leagues better tight ends, Todd Heap and the other comes from a system that produces pro bowl tight ends every few years but didn't have a fantastic season because of brutal quarterback play. Sidney Rice however, even though I love the guy, comes from a system that has produced so many early busts at receiver it is ugly. I don't think that will happen to Rice, but I would rather go with the two ends in this situation. After all, who is a worse starter, Robert Royal or a combo of Josh Reed and Peerless Price? I would take Reed and Price over Royal all day.

Comment

• We actually have the 43rd

Comment

• Originally posted by OTcoach
          I feel Buffalo must trade one of their DT's. Williams is a steal with his $$, Triplett has to be retained to show "good faith" for other free agents. Therefore McCargo should be moved.

Carolina has Maake Kemoeatu who just turned 28 weighs 350 and had a decent year. No sacks but he stuffs the run. and...he's cheap. D. Lewis is still productive and offers a pass rush from inside. Jenkins is overpaid for what they've gotten out of him recently but I think if we used him right he could be a 2 down player and bring some much needed bulk.

From what I saw in Carolina this yr Foster just isn't the type of back to succeed in their system. McGahee would be excellent as he runs more like Davis than anyone they have. He would be a risk, but why not? They have D.Williams waiting in the wings if he decides to bolt next yr. (which I don't think he'd do if he was successful). And McCargo (who is going to be good) to groom on the inside.
          I fail to see the logic here. Why exactly must we trade McCargo? And why would Carolina want a RB when they have Deangelo??

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee
            We actually have the 43rd
            Jesus Christ, this is incredible. So is it like this or something:

10. Atlanta
            11. San Francisco
            12. Buffalo

42. San Francisco
            43. Buffalo
            44. Atlanta

74. Buffalo
            75. Atlanta
            76. San Francisco

Then it just cycles through again I am guessing?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee
              Originally posted by OTcoach
              I feel Buffalo must trade one of their DT's. Williams is a steal with his $$, Triplett has to be retained to show "good faith" for other free agents. Therefore McCargo should be moved.

Carolina has Maake Kemoeatu who just turned 28 weighs 350 and had a decent year. No sacks but he stuffs the run. and...he's cheap. D. Lewis is still productive and offers a pass rush from inside. Jenkins is overpaid for what they've gotten out of him recently but I think if we used him right he could be a 2 down player and bring some much needed bulk.

From what I saw in Carolina this yr Foster just isn't the type of back to succeed in their system. McGahee would be excellent as he runs more like Davis than anyone they have. He would be a risk, but why not? They have D.Williams waiting in the wings if he decides to bolt next yr. (which I don't think he'd do if he was successful). And McCargo (who is going to be good) to groom on the inside.
              I fail to see the logic here. Why exactly must we trade McCargo? And why would Carolina want a RB when they have Deangelo??
              I was wondering the same thing when I read that but just didn't bother saying anything because I wasn't as bored as I am now. Your trade and ideas make pretty much no sense. Plus, I think the Front Office has let it been known that we are going to build this team through the draft, and trading away first round rookies generally isn't doing that... I agree that we need a biggish defensive tackle to clog the running lanes, but I can't see us doing it this year before we know what we have with the guys that are currently on the roster.

Comment

• Jesus Christ, this is incredible. So is it like this or something:

10. Atlanta
                11. San Francisco
                12. Buffalo

42. San Francisco
                43. Buffalo
                44. Atlanta

74. Buffalo
                75. Atlanta
                76. San Francisco

That's god damn sexy right there.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl

10. Atlanta
                  11. San Francisco
                  12. Buffalo

42. San Francisco
                  43. Buffalo
                  44. Atlanta

74. Buffalo
                  75. Atlanta
                  76. San Francisco

That's god damn sexy right there.
                  I like that system a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Ghost
                    Originally posted by SuperMcgee
                    We actually have the 43rd

10. Atlanta
                    11. San Francisco
                    12. Buffalo

42. San Francisco
                    43. Buffalo
                    44. Atlanta

74. Buffalo
                    75. Atlanta
                    76. San Francisco

yep, thats how it's done

Comment

• This is my first post ever so cut me some slack here if its not up to par.
                      If Okoye is available at #12 do you think the Bills should give him a serious look?

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopsDemon12
                        This is my first post ever so cut me some slack here if its not up to par.
                        If Okoye is available at #12 do you think the Bills should give him a serious look?
                        I would give him a look, but only if Timmons and Willis are off the board and we have no trading partners. I think it is too early to invest another first round pick in that position, especially because he plays the same position as McCargo, we need a NT, not another UT. If Okoye bulks up to around 300 and can be like Booger McFarland, then I say sure, but he is the same position as McCargo and Tripplett pretty much.

Comment

• i can see them taking willis with that pick, but they have bigger needs than linebacker. Unless they think Spikes is done within the next year or so i dont think they will go timmons. Crowell and Spikes are both capable for holding sown that position, but a MLB would be great because i dont think personally flecther will resign. I know its high but even considering trading down a bit and going for blaylock or Brown. There just seems to be too many pressing needs at other positions to take another OLB.

Comment

• Pretty much there are a few scenarios for our linebacker situation that will impact our draft a lot here are a few of them:

Resign all Fletcher, keep Spikes, we keep what we had last year with:
                            Crowell - Fletcher - Spikes

Part ways with Fletcher, cut Spikes, draft Timmons:
                            Ellison - Crowell - Ellison

Part ways with Fletcher, cut Spikes, draft Willis:
                            Crowell - Willis - Ellison

Resign Fletcher, cut Spikes, draft Timmons:
                            Crowell - Fletcher - Timmons

Resign Fletcher, cut spikes, don't draft a linebacker to replace him:
                            Crowell - Fletcher - Ellison

Part ways with Fletcher, retain Spikes, draft Willis:
                            Crowell - Willis - Spikes

Part ways with Fletcher retain Spikes, draft Timmons:
                            Ellison - Crowell - Spikes

Pretty much we can guarantee that either Spikes or Fletcher leave, and the draft pick that sets us up for the least amount of change is Patrick Willis who keeps the middle locked down and keeps Crowell outside and if Spikes is gone as well we already have Ellison who can step in. It is pretty much the pick that ensures the least amount of change for us no matter what happens with Fletcher or Spikes. The only possibility to stop this would be to resign Fletcher and release Spikes, which would be ******** because we would put so much cash to waste it would be rediculous. I can honestly say I really really really want a linebacker core of Crowell - Willis - Spikes next year.

Comment

• Wow i gotta say that would be one amazing linebacking core. And if we get some consitent defensive tackle play next season, they could really spend alot of time in the oppenents backfeild. I think Willis is the most NFL ready linebacker in the draft.

Comment

• Most think that about Willis. I hope Dick and Marv do to ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information