X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one of the topics on the bills message boards struck me, the topic is:

"Denver Post says Tampa looking to trade down! C. Johnson?"
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/forum...d/1484639.aspx

then the thread talks about how tampa might be looking to trade down to grab amobi okoye, in scotts latest "ask nfldc" he even says,

I continue to hear that the Buccaneers were very impressed with Amobi Okoye. Is it realistic to see them trade back and draft him and if not what direction do you believe they will go?

njati2d

The way Jon Gruden spoke about Amobi Okoye at the Senior Bowl was eerily reminiscent of his fondness for Cadillac Williams a few years ago so take that for what it's worth. I definitely don't think Okoye is an option for Tampa Bay if they stay put in round one but if they were to trade down I think it's highly likely that he could be their target.
    normally i would be opposed to trading up, esp into the top 5, but WR is a need, and CJ fits exactly what we need. CJ is prob the only player i would consider. i know we have a lot of needs, but we have cap room. if we get a LG in FA, and a LB like Briggs, our immediate needs would allows us to trade away some picks for a player like CJ.

would any of you be for this? now, i really don't see it coming true, but the possibility excits me. i would be okay with trade up into the top 5 for CJ, but only for CJ, he is too rare of a prospect to pass on if we have any shot.
    2015 Bills Draft:

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

Comment

• As much as I like CJ I don't want to move up for him, I'd rather stay put or trade down. Lee Evans is a legit number one target and while CJ would be nice we could add a good Number 2 Guy next to Evans and fill a few other needs rather than trading up for CJ. A team like us should stockpile picks or stick with what we've got.

Comment

• Exactly as said above, stockpile picks.

We already are down to 6 picks. Trading up would require probably 2 of this years pick and either another this year or next.

That isn't worth it for a team like us that needs a few people to come on in and make a difference and dramatically change our team.
        Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• OT is a need, just not as big as we thought. Pennington looked average at best last year, his stats just happened to be good.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• no question. whatsoever. if we get a shot at calvin johnson w/out having to completely mortgage the farm (ie trading for the 5th pick) you absolutely HAVE to do it. Its said that a good running game opens up the passing game, but 2 elite wrs would certainly open up the running game. With a dangerous rb in Willis, a strong armed and mobile qb in JP and a burner on one side in Evans, CJ would immediately make our offense dangerous...very dangerous. resign Gandy, sign Dielman or Steinbach and that offense would be amazing.

I don't really see this as a likely possibility, but if if it was you can't possibly turn it down, Calvin Johnson is a once in a generation type of player.

Oh yeah, and he's a nice guy...aka, a marv guy.

Comment

• Lee Evans may go to the pro bowl if Harrison pulls out.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S
                Lee Evans may go to the pro bowl if Harrison pulls out.
                He really deserves it.

Comment

• He deserved to be a starter though, but still notice altogether is nice indeed.
                  Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Hello,

My Packers are looking for help at running back and some have suggested they might be interested in McGahee. I've read some of your posts about him in the past and let me see if I have this straight.

He's a FA after 07 but is disgruntled in Buffalo and has made some comments to encourage the Bills to trade him this offseason. Why is he unhappy? What do you think the organization would want in return? Any other insights would be appreciated- thanks

Comment

• It's not a situation in which he's disgruntled. He wants an extension, he's going to be a FA after next year but we don't think Buffalo has any intention of extending him. He's made controversial comments that have riled up a few people. I think the main idea of the whole situation is he's just another RB, he's not great - he's ok, he's going to be a FA, we're probably not going to retain him when that situation arises, he could possibly hold out if we don't give him an extension. I think what a lot of people are thinking is just - save ourselves a big headache and get the guy out of here.

Comment

• Originally posted by mancl
                        Hello,

My Packers are looking for help at running back and some have suggested they might be interested in McGahee. I've read some of your posts about him in the past and let me see if I have this straight.

He's a FA after 07 but is disgruntled in Buffalo and has made some comments to encourage the Bills to trade him this offseason. Why is he unhappy? What do you think the organization would want in return? Any other insights would be appreciated- thanks
                        First.. his contract is up after this coming season. Like every player Drew Rosenhaus has, they threaten hold out if they dont get an extension for thier final year.

Second.. he was a Tom Donahoe draft pick, and Levy has gone with "character" over total ability. Meaning the new management scheme would prefer a player of lesser talent with great work ethic and character traits over someone with great ability and poor character traits.

Third.. Those non-"Levy"ness issues have come to the limelight. When in an interview he ran his mouth. Told the magazine that "there is nothing to do in Buffalo" and that a better idea is to move the Bills to Toronto.. causing much friction between McGahee and the fanbase here in Western NY

Comment

• Here's my Mock as of now.

1) OLB Lawrence Timmons
                          2) OG Ben Grubbs
                          3) WR Jason Hill
                          4) RB Ahmad Bradshaw
                          5) Traded for Hargrove
                          6) DT Walter Thomas
                          7) FB Le'Ron McClain/Cory Anderson (Although I think that McClain is going to be at least a 5th rounder by the time the draft rolls around)

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay
                            Here's my Mock as of now.

1) OLB Lawrence Timmons
                            2) OG Ben Grubbs
                            3) WR Jason Hill
                            4) RB Ahmad Bradshaw
                            5) Traded for Hargrove
                            6) DT Walter Thomas
                            7) FB Le'Ron McClain/Cory Anderson (Although I think that McClain is going to be at least a 5th rounder by the time the draft rolls around)
                            I can dig it. 8)

Comment

• What does everyone think of signing Tommy Kelly of Oakland? He is an RFA but he won't require any compensation unless Oakland gives him a high tender (which is a 1st rounder) because he was originally undrafted and a general tender would not require an interested team any compensation.

For your reference:
                              1) General Tender: Requires a draft pick in the following years' draft in the round that the player was originally drafted in. If the player was undrafted, he requires no compensation. Ex: Israel Idonjie last year.

2) High Tender: Requires a 1st round draft pick in the following years' draft.

3) Highest Tender: Requires a 1st and 3rd round draft pick in the following years' draft.

Also, keep in mind that the base salary for these three tenders are different, so don't expect the Raiders to give Kelly a high tender so no team will sign him because they will have to pay him significantly more money to do so.

I am not sure if we can offer Kelly more money than just the base salary for a general tender though. If we cannot, then there is absolutely no way that we will be able to get him, because the Raiders will match the salary for sure.

Comment

• I like what I've seen/heard about Kelly but I don't know much about him. Could he play NT?

Just looked him up, 6'6 300lbs and had 68 tackles along with 3.5 sacks. He could be a very interesting pickup...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information