Acquired:
    Eric Johnson
    Antonio Bryant
    Greg "The Tank" Jones

Traded away:
    DeShaun Foster
    Drew Carter
    Ma'ake Keomeatu

The only thing I would think about changing is probably Griffin in the 1st and Davis in the second

Thoughts?

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal

Comment

• Originally posted by 4pAc
      Forum Mock results:
      Lawrence Timmons
      John Wendling
      Dan Bazuin
      Aundrae Allison
      Kevin Kolb

Acquired:
      Eric Johnson
      Antonio Bryant
      Greg "The Tank" Jones

Traded away:
      DeShaun Foster
      Drew Carter
      Ma'ake Keomeatu

The only thing I would think about changing is probably Griffin in the 1st and Davis in the second

Thoughts?
      I think we put together a solid forum mock draft.

Even though we made the trade prior to the real-life signing of the new offensive coordinator, Eric Johnson would be a great realistic addition since Davidson seems to want to incorporate the tight end more in the offense. Kevin Kolb is a solid addition that late in the draft and can definitely develop into our quarterback of the future.

Obviously, the trades weren't realistic due to cap hits and whatnot but the point of a forum mock draft is to have fun and address the needs of your team. I think we did that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite
        Weiss is John Fox's friend. Quinn is Weiss golden boy. Davidson was weiss's disciple, Quinn would be with someone remotely familiar in coaching style.

Just musing but...

Quinn
        Merriweather
        Beason
        I like Brady Quinn in the first round for the obvious reason that he is Brady Quinn.

I like Jon Beason in the third round, although he likely will be chosen alot earlier that that. Earl Everett out of Florida is another possible option.

Wouldn't touch Meriweather though. Alot of talent, but too many character questions. Unless he saves a bus full of handicapped children between now and the draft, I don't think we'll take a chance on him.

Comment

• how about Rouse instead of Merriweather in the second?

Comment

• Only if Rouse can prove that he can play safety at the next level. We shouldn't skip over a proven safety to take someone that could project to either safety or linebacker in the NFL. He'll also have to learn to control his emotions. I've seen this guy quite a few times in the ACC talk crap after plays and get in other guy's faces.

Comment

• judging by scotts sneior bowl reports he is good in coverage but i spose we will have to wait until the combine interviews to see if he is smart enough.

and i think our D could use some emotion

Comment

• Originally posted by @$#
                judging by scotts sneior bowl reports he is good in coverage but i spose we will have to wait until the combine interviews to see if he is smart enough.

and i think our D could use some emotion
                We don't need another tweener. We need someone who is a gamer at the safety position. Laron Landry would be awesome, he has a lot of spunk.

Comment

• If we don't make a move to draft Brady Quinn, we should probably look to address safety in the first round.

Linebacker is a pretty deep position this year, so we have a much better chance of finding a better player in the second round than we do at safety.

LaRon Landry is probably the best all-around safety in the draft, Reggie Nelson is probably the best hitter, and Michael Griffin is probably the best against the run.

Comment

Weiss is John Fox's friend. Quinn is Weiss golden boy. Davidson was weiss's disciple, Quinn would be with someone remotely familiar in coaching style.

Just musing but...

Quinn
                    Merriweather
                    Beason
                    I may re-think my initial statement on Meriweather. Sounds like he has impressed everyone at the Senior Bowl. Hopefully, he can impress our coaches at the combine. If the guy can prove he finally has his head on straight, I would love to see him in a Panthers' uniform.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                      If we don't make a move to draft Brady Quinn, we should probably look to address safety in the first round.

Linebacker is a pretty deep position this year, so we have a much better chance of finding a better player in the second round than we do at safety.

LaRon Landry is probably the best all-around safety in the draft, Reggie Nelson is probably the best hitter, and Michael Griffin is probably the best against the run.
                      I gotta disagree, I think we can't get as good value in the second at linebacker than we can at safety. Weddle, Merriweather will be available where we pick. The best we could get in the second is buster davis or beason who aren't the same value as the aforementioned safeties.

Comment

Originally posted by JustJoe2k5
                        If we don't make a move to draft Brady Quinn, we should probably look to address safety in the first round.

I gotta disagree, I think we can't get as good value in the second at linebacker than we can at safety. Weddle, Merriweather will be available where we pick. The best we could get in the second is buster davis or beason who aren't the same value as the aforementioned safeties.

The so called "top" linebackers this year aren't that far from the pack, and aren't as impressive as the top Safteys.

Draft is fine if we have to go to him, thats not true for the Safety position.

David Harris would be an outstanding pick for us. We need someone who can stop the run and make plays. If we need, he can leave the field on passing downs and we will leave TD and hopefully James Anderson in.

David Harris will be the next Jeremiah Trotter.

Comment

• Would you guys be willing to trade your 1st RD draft pick along with your 2nd RD, and 4rth RD, for the Browns #3 overall pick and draft Brady Quinn?

Using the NFL draft value chart
                          Panthers are recieving 2,200 points.
                          Browns are recieving only 1614, so we might need a 3rd rounder enstead of the 4rth, but not sure if youll do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by brownsfan
                            Would you guys be willing to trade your 1st RD draft pick along with your 2nd RD, and 4rth RD, for the Browns #3 overall pick and draft Brady Quinn?

Using the NFL draft value chart
                            Panthers are recieving 2,200 points.
                            Browns are recieving only 1614, so we might need a 3rd rounder enstead of the 4rth, but not sure if youll do that.
                            I don't think we would make that deal.

We would need our second-round pick to address either safety or linebacker. I think it is much more likely that we'll wait and see if Quinn drops to Miami at #9. There we could possibly package our first-round draft pick, third-round draft pick, and a second-day draft pick to move up a couple of spots and draft Quinn. We draft our quarterback of the future and still have our second-round pick to address the defense.

Comment

• Moving up 5 spots in the first round, unfortunatly will cost you more than a mid 3rd round pick and a late pick in this weak draft. And Quinn will not last until the 9th pick. Someone will trade up in the top 5 to pick him if they want him.

But at the same time, if I was the Panthers I probably wouldnt do this trade either, and as I Browns fan i really dont want to loose the 3rd pick. I just thought it was a possibility after the Panthers shown intrest in Quinn.

thanks guys

Comment

• Originally posted by brownsfan
                                Moving up 5 spots in the first round, unfortunatly will cost you more than a mid 3rd round pick and a late pick in this weak draft. And Quinn will not last until the 9th pick. Someone will trade up in the top 5 to pick him if they want him.

But at the same time, if I was the Panthers I probably wouldnt do this trade either, and as I Browns fan i really dont want to loose the 3rd pick. I just thought it was a possibility after the Panthers shown intrest in Quinn.

thanks guys
                                Kind of like how Lienart wouldn't last till ten? Aaron Rodgers was in the fight for the number one pick too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information