Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    I expect the Cardinals to put 8 in the box with Holt and Hood doubling Smith all game and A Dub to roam around and kill people as usual
    Thats a good strategy- I would just make one change. triple steve smith and dont put anyone on any of our other receivers. it really wont matter.

Sig by DLS42

Comment

• Anyone else really want to see Dwayne Jarret get a chance? I'm a bit tired of Fox not even letting the rookies see the field unless they are ready superstars.

Comment

• I really don't see how Jarrett could do worse than Carter and Colbert have for the majority of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPF View Post
          I really don't see how Jarrett could do worse than Carter and Colbert have for the majority of the season.
          He also has better if not very good hands.

But of course, if you aren't having a dramatic impact on the offense within the 5 plays your given as a rookie you automatically fail.

The Panthers always fail at developing rookies, IMO it is because they practically refuse to play them and give them experience because they are rookies. I believe any rookie that has done well for us was pretty much a self made success. Prior failures make me think that the team coaching really doesn't have anything to do with them doing well.

Comment

• We signed a Qb that's older than our OC.

Comment

We signed a Qb that's older than our OC.
              Fantastic.

Hopefully Moore will see time on Sunday after the Cardinals take out there starters ( :) )

I heard that Jaws had Moore rated as the best QB after Quinn, Russel, and Edwards. Pretty good if you ask me.

IMO I think a rookie might actually be better at "running" this offense than Carr is. But of course that tight throw probably took away all the confidence of the coaches. Doesn't matter that Carr threw an awful interception either, he wins by loyalty and years in the league.

Moore wasn't afraid to throw it though...

Comment

• I'd prefer to give Moore a chance. I've been less than impressed with what I've seen from Carr this season (dating back to the pre-season), and with Jake having Tommy John surgery I'm more worried about the future than I am winning games this year with Vinny (which I don't think is a very legitimate chance anyway).

This season sure has turned to crap.

Comment

• i'd also like to see more of moore and not testaverde, but i would most like to see deangelo at qb. we did well with it last year in a somewhat similar situation, and it would be nice to see him get a good about of chances in this offense with delhomme and carr out.

Sig by DLS42

Comment

• While I wouldn't mind seeing Moore, it's going to take some extraordinary circumstances to see him out there Sunday. We're in a tight division where its anyone's to loose. The key is to win all the game you can, no matter what. Oh, or isn't that how life is in the NFL?

Anyways, we could see Moore if:
                    1. We're down by 4 scores in the 4th and the D is getting pummeled by Az.
                    2. We're up by 4 scores and Warner looks like the guy run out of NYG...
                    3. Viny is broken in half at some point during the game...

I hope those three aren't going to happen, but it could. I want us to Win this game and go into the Indy game 4-2 with a chance to really compete for the division in December. If it takes a 900 year old QB to do it, then I'll take it.

Comment

• At this point for us it should really as much about looking at players for the future as it is trying to win the division. We can't end this season without knowing what we have in some of our younger players, especially with the amount of key players we have that become free agents over the next two off-seasons.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us get our heads out of our butt and win it all, but if it means answering questions and addressing issues to give us a streak of winning seasons....then I'm willing to sacrifice this year. Especially since I don't expect much out of Vinny and/or Carr at Qb.
                      Last edited by JPF; 10-12-2007, 08:31 PM.

Comment

At this point for us it should really as much about looking at players for the future as it is trying to win the division. We can't end this season without knowing what we have in some of our younger players, especially with the amount of key players we have that become free agents over the next two off-seasons.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us get our heads out of our butt and win it all, but if it means answering questions and addressing issues to give us a streak of winning seasons....then I'm willing to sacrifice this year. Especially since I don't expect much out of Vinny and/or Carr at Qb.
                        Wow, your in my head. I really thought this year would turn out in this way. Not Jake getting injured, but that is would be an ok year with young guys hopefully getting shots.

I am willing to see if we actually have a talented WR other than Smith, I really don't want to go into the draft unaware of what Jarrett or someone else can do.

I'd like to know if Moore is anything worth developing. I know Testeverde is old and isn't the answer, and David Carr is not going to be "reborn".

Comment

• I'm convinced Williams should be getting a majority of the touches. Foster is inconsistent and fumbles way too much.

Also, if Vinny keeps it up, I wouldn't mind him finishing the year instead of Carr.

Comment

• Originally posted by angelsdontkill View Post
                            I'm convinced Williams should be getting a majority of the touches. Foster is inconsistent and fumbles way too much.

Also, if Vinny keeps it up, I wouldn't mind him finishing the year instead of Carr.
                            Proclaiming him starter after a slow game for Foster is dumb. Foster didn't have any blocking though he should hang onto the ball.

Williams loses yards quite a bit though.

Comment

• Good game, The Cardinals are screwed now unless Warner's injury is minor, Vinny looked pretty good, espcially for only playing a week or so with your team.

Comment

• It's not from one game. I've been saying this since LAST YEAR. He's simply put a better, and more consistent running back.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information