No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been saying it for a while now. Hurney is more of a bane on this team than Fox is. Just firing John Fox won't do a damn thing. We'll see the same garbage with the next coach if they don't have a GM who can make player evaluations (and for that matter, Hurney overpays for EVERYONE. What the hell is he good at?). They need to clean house. Get rid of everybody from Hurney to the janitors. And I'd rather bring in a young guy like Garret who might not be ready than a retread like Schottenheimer or Cowher but either way if they do something they need to replace the entire front office and staff.

The thing that really pushes me over on Fox is how god damn boring watching his games are. It's great if you're winning but that crap turns a fanbase on you quick when you start dropping games. I mean, who the **** am I supposed to root for on this team? They take no risks, they wait forever to play promising young talent (key on promising, sitting Dwayne Jarrett's lazy ass on the bench for 10 weeks is a positive in my book) and still lose anyway.

We lose that game with Matt Moore, at least it's entertaining. We lose it with Vinny and we have what to take from it? That Dwayne Jarrett can't run anything but fade routes and stop passes after nearly a year in the NFL? Honestly the only real positives I can think of are Beason and Lucas, but I gave up on Lucas ever being 2005 good again last week and we already knew Beason was good so that seems kind of hollow

Comment

• Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
      I've been saying it for a while now. Hurney is more of a bane on this team than Fox is. Just firing John Fox won't do a damn thing. We'll see the same garbage with the next coach if they don't have a GM who can make player evaluations (and for that matter, Hurney overpays for EVERYONE. What the hell is he good at?). They need to clean house. Get rid of everybody from Hurney to the janitors. And I'd rather bring in a young guy like Garret who might not be ready than a retread like Schottenheimer or Cowher but either way if they do something they need to replace the entire front office and staff.

The thing that really pushes me over on Fox is how god damn boring watching his games are. It's great if you're winning but that crap turns a fanbase on you quick when you start dropping games. I mean, who the **** am I supposed to root for on this team? They take no risks, they wait forever to play promising young talent (key on promising, sitting Dwayne Jarrett's lazy ass on the bench for 10 weeks is a positive in my book) and still lose anyway.

We lose that game with Matt Moore, at least it's entertaining. We lose it with Vinny and we have what to take from it? That Dwayne Jarrett can't run anything but fade routes and stop passes after nearly a year in the NFL? Honestly the only real positives I can think of are Beason and Lucas, but I gave up on Lucas ever being 2005 good again last week and we already knew Beason was good so that seems kind of hollow
      You can't forget about Harris, the man is the reason we were even in the game. Gamble has been playing well also. Basically, our secondary, Diggs (as of late) and Beason have been the only ones worth anything.

It really speaks to how much Fox lacks a pair, when he starts an injured 44 year old over a kid who has shown he has the pair to throw the ball 15 yards down field. Sure he will get picked, but so does Carr and he only throws 3 yard passes.

It really pissed me off though, that they said that Smith talked to Robinson and worked with him. What happens? Robinson actually makes some plays and looks good. That just tells me that the coaching on this team is bottom of the ******* barrel.

It also angered me when they said Fox doesn't know what is wrong with Peppers. You better figure out what the **** is wrong with him if you guys are going to pay him the amount you do.

This entire team needs an overhaul, I don't like Hurney either. It is just that Fox is the HC and the team's face.

I don't know if I will be wasting my time if they don't make changes. I could be doing something useful.

Comment

• Gamble, Diggs and Harris have been playing well lately but I dont see them as key cogs. If a new coach comes in here next year I could easily see any of them gone after the 08-09 season if they don't fit the system. Granted, I guess Lucas fits in that bill too.

Harris didn't really do his job on the last play against Crumpler but he did have a good game, another FF. Has his flaws but makes plays. Expendable, but a bright spot for the year.

I guess that's the thing though. Who really isn't expendable on this team?

Beason and Smith are the only two I'd be pissed if we lost. I love Marshall so I'm trying not to be biased by putting him in that untouchable tier but he's next in line. After that, who? Obviously Peppers has to be considered but he's been a waste the entire year. I think then it actually drops down to Gamble/Lucas, Harris and Davis, and that's pretty sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
          Gamble, Diggs and Harris have been playing well lately but I dont see them as key cogs. If a new coach comes in here next year I could easily see any of them gone after the 08-09 season if they don't fit the system. Granted, I guess Lucas fits in that bill too.

Harris didn't really do his job on the last play against Crumpler but he did have a good game, another FF. Has his flaws but makes plays. Expendable, but a bright spot for the year.

I guess that's the thing though. Who really isn't expendable on this team?

Beason and Smith are the only two I'd be pissed if we lost. I love Marshall so I'm trying not to be biased by putting him in that untouchable tier but he's next in line. After that, who? Obviously Peppers has to be considered but he's been a waste the entire year. I think then it actually drops down to Gamble/Lucas, Harris and Davis, and that's pretty sad.
          Gamble and Lucas have been a lot better than Marshall. He has been good, but not spectacular, and has been bailed out a few times. He has made some great tackles on special teams though.

I like Lucas' demeanor though, I have always liked him, but it is hard for me to ignore Gamble's play.

Beason and Smith are definitely the guys to build the team around. Harris isn't a superstar, but he is one of those support guys that you need to win championships. Not everyone can be a star.

I don't know how much I care about Peppers coming back. I'd rather find someone with a better motor and plays with more emotion and urgency. They would also be cheaper. I'm not too keen on paying a guy big bucks to disappear for a half year, or in this case, the entire year.

Comment

• Lucas has had a couple of bad games this year. Reggie Wayne completely smoked him last week for instance. He has a few solid days too though and was great today. I agree on that I've always liked him, but it's time to see past that and be impartial. The reason I have him and Gamble so low is because I was thinking you can live without one but not both while Marshall still has the unknown factor since he hasnt really been unleashed vs top WRs and he's pretty much the sole reason we aren't the absolute worst special teams in the history of the NFL

But yea, I think Marshall has become a little overrated from last year. He was damn good then but I'm pretty sure he was guarding #2s or 3s most of the time. Gamble stayed healthy for all but a couple games, he was just extremely bad while Lucas was out

Comment

• Yeah, but they are all playing really well now. Lucas is my favorite out of the three, though I like them all.

After the last game, Smith apparently shed tears. Steve is extremely frustrated. He is trying his best, and isn't getting results. It is a tribute to his maturity now that he is not being destructive. DeAngelo Hall said it, Smith is the best receiver in the league because he always goes 100%. I don't know how you can disregard that statement. The two are not friends at all now. Smith's emotions are why I would take him over anyone right now, he really loves the game and he loves to win. The odds are stacked against him and he is still trying to make plays. Randy Moss would be injured by now, he would be taking himself out of games. Owens would be doing sit ups in this driveway, throwing his QB under the bus. Smith has David Carr, and he has not even complained about it publicly.

Smith is a very rare competitor.

Comment

• What's the word on Sunday's starter?

Comment

• Beason had a good game vs san fran.

Nothing like beating a team like the 49ers to give a team false hope/confidence. I'm sure we will think everything is corrected now and we will just win all the time now.

Comment

• Good game, brothas-from-another-figurative-franchise-expansion-motha. Get a QB and you should go places. An some consistency on defense, too.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                      Beason had a good game vs san fran.

Nothing like beating a team like the 49ers to give a team false hope/confidence. I'm sure we will think everything is corrected now and we will just win all the time now.
                      HAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Comment

• Think you guys could beat the Cowboys for us (Packers)?

Comment

• Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
                          Think you guys could beat the Cowboys for us (Packers)?
                          There aren't any Pather fans on the site to answer you.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            There aren't any Pather fans on the site to answer you.
                            Well, there's ShutDown/ShtDwn/ShutDwn or whatever it is and... and...

Comment

• i highly doubt we beat the cowboys

Comment

• If by beat them you mean lose by 45 points than yes, yes we can.

Todays game is great, we beat a decent team. Too bad the conditions played a bigger role than we probably did.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information