No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the departure of Kris Jenkins, I think we need to add a proven DT such as Rod Coleman. He isn't the run stopper Kris was but certainly a better pass rusher. And with him as a pass rusher and Maake as our run stopper this could also put less pressure on Julius Peppers

Sig by jkpigskin
    Carolina will win the super bowl this year

Comment

• Hartwig released, Carter signed with Oakland....

We're bringing Hackett in for a visit, and had Chris Carr in Monday.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind signing both those guys. Carr can be a good return man and special teamer.

Comment

• Has the front office already given up on Dwayne Jarrett?

With Muhammad back in the fold, I figured wide receiver would be fairly low on the priority list. I'd like to see what Jarrett and Robinson are able to do in their second season before we give their spot to someone else.

Comment

• With Jarrett getting that DWI, I'd imagine they're considering that strike 2 (strike 1 being his lack of ability to get on the field last year).

Comment

• Originally posted by JPF View Post
              With Jarrett getting that DWI, I'd imagine they're considering that strike 2 (strike 1 being his lack of ability to get on the field last year).
              I don't see it as a strike, that would be way to hasty. We are looking at signing Hackett right now, maybe we will. Receivers should always be given at least three years to make the transition, unless it is behavioral (and a DWI should is not that big a crime, though some argue it is)

Comment

• Love the signing of Hackett. If he gets injured, oh well we got him for cheap, if not, than we got a great deal. Hackett, Moose and Smith give us a formidable receiving core, and if Jarrett can step up it will be even better. (Who knows maybe Robinson would over take Jarrett?) This signing I think is tied for my favorite along with Johnson. Our LBs and our Receivers are now pretty nice on paper.

This only continues what has been a drastically different offseason from years past. No overspending on guys like Whale or Lucas, just good deals for decent players who may have some more potential.

Hackett-
                Johnson
                Toefield
                Moose
                Brayton

To me this is how you use free agency, you add solid veterans who contribute steadily, you don't break the bank for one star.

It still looks like we are going to draft Oline in the first, and probably defensive line after.

Comment

• Any idea about what the team plans to do at safety? Chris Harris was a nice surprise last season, but no one stepped up and really proved they deserved the spot across from him. I'd love to pick up Kenny Phillips in the draft, but that only happens if we trade down again.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
                    Any idea about what the team plans to do at safety? Chris Harris was a nice surprise last season, but no one stepped up and really proved they deserved the spot across from him. I'd love to pick up Kenny Phillips in the draft, but that only happens if we trade down again.
                    While an athletic safety would be nice, I don't see how he would help. We had good coverage, we just couldn't hold it long enough, and no one can cover for that long anyway. We need to get to the QB better, and also protect the QB. Those to me should be the main goals.

Comment

• Tell me about Justin Hartwig.

Comment

• Injured some and didn't really get much push for us. Hard to tell though if that was because teams went at Whale so much. However we definitely hurt when he was injured and rookie Kalil took over.

Comment

• Stewart- He has been compared it Ladanian Tomlinson and is probably the best runner in the draft. He offers a great one two punch with Williams.

Otah- At least our run game will be better, assuming Wharton moves inside to his best position. Hopefully he can pick up the passing game quickly, or at least be so punishing at run blocking the defense is too tired.

Godfrey- Fox has officially said that Godfrey will play safety and compete to start. (radio show). He is finally the athlete we have been wanting, good tackler, best in zones, and a ball hawk.

Connor- I guess that Anderson and Seward are out basically. We have a tremendous group now though with Beason, Davis, Diggs, Johnson and Connor. Where Connor goes I have no idea, but if he plays he must be legitimately better than both Johnson and Diggs, because they are both solid guys who will make plays once in a while.

Comment

• Will Dwayne Jarrett play this year...

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                              Will Dwayne Jarrett play this year...
                              not much. id put the odds on him getting 25 catches lower than him getting cut after camp

Comment

• I must say that this offseason has been nothing short of spectacular in my eyes.

Free Agents

Tyler Brayton
                                Landon Johnson
                                LeBrandon Toefield
                                Muhsin Muhammed
                                D.J. Hackett
                                Terrance Holt
                                Darwin Walker
                                Ian Scott
                                Ricardo Colclough

Draft
                                Jonathan Stewart
                                Jeff Otah
                                Charles Godfrey
                                Dan Connor
                                Gary Barnidge
                                Nick Taylor
                                Hilee Taylor
                                Goeff Swartz
                                Mackenzy Bernadeau

Plus we locked up Harris for 4 years

I think that we should be able to expect everyone on that list up to Barnidge to contribute in some way. We added good veteran depth as well as young extremely talented guys like Stewart, Otah and Godfrey. I think the team has a great mix of role players and and possible stars. All our defensive line free agents will look 10x better if Peppers decides to play like he should (which is better than he ever has)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information