2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    Neither one really asserted themselves but in the 2 preseason games, Orton recieved more protection from the first unit.

Sounds like Oline vs. Ced Benson, part two.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• here's the problem... This offense is going NOWHERE with Orton at the helm... We won't be able to run because every team will have 8 or maybe even 9 guys in the box against us, making our already awful OL look even worse, and eliminating any holes the runningbacks may be able to exploit.

Our best offensive weapon right now is obviously Devin Hester... the only thing we're gonna be able to do with Hester and Orton is run WR screens, which will never work since defenses will be keying on Hester every time he's out there. If you've got a guy like Rex who can throw a good deep ball, then at least you may be able to split the safeties and find Hester deep every once in a while.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• How has Matt Forte looked thus far?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          How has Matt Forte looked thus far?
          Good, considering how bad our OL is. He runs hard, has good vision, good speed, can catch it out of the backfield, etc...He'll be a good player but when you have no one to block for you, no RB in the history of the NFL would look very good.

Orton turned the ball over more than Grossman did in camp as well, so this notion that Kyle won't be giving it up as much as Rex is a load of crap as well. He is just as prone to TO's as Rex was, if not more. Orton is garbage, and while Rex may not be an elite QB he in my opinion was the best option for this team. I like our WR corps but they have yet to prove much with this team, I love Forte but he's a rookie, I love our TE's, but it's the OL that pretty much brings us down so much. We need a QB who poses a deep threat down the field, Orton doesn't do that. He's got the arm capability, but he has no accuracy at all. Say what you want about Rex but his deep ball is gorgeous and he can stretch the field.

We need a QB who has the ability to win us games, and I just don't see Orton as that guy. Our team isn't what it was 2 years ago where we could rely on the defefense, kicking, and return game to win every week. We need a QB capable of moving this offense and I believe Rex has a better chance at doing that than Orton does.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• It's not a load of crap, statistically Orton throws less interceptions per pass attempt, fumbles less, and takes less sacks. I believe he has a better YPA as well. Those are facts backed up by statistics. The decision to start Orton was a total no-brainer. I've never believed that it was 50/50.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I'll give you this though, Grossman's deep ball looks great before the defenders catch it.

Comment

• Reximus Prime's habit of fumbling the exchange from center is no good.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  Reximus Prime's habit of fumbling the exchange from center is no good.
                  Orton fumbled 4 times under center in TC this year as well.

People on here are saying "lets see what Orton can give us." We already know what he gives us, we watched him his rookie year and we watched him last season. He's a game manager.

I've a believer that we can surprise some people this year but if the rest of you believe this season is going to be really bad, then why not have some fun with it? Throw Rex in there and see how we do because our offense isn't going to do jack **** with Orton at the helm.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• The biggest difference I see is how panicky Grossman gets when the rush is coming. Orton has better pocket presence. Hopefully, Orton is just warming the seat for one of the 2009 guys this year.
                    Last edited by MidwayMonster31; 08-19-2008, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                      here's the problem... This offense is going NOWHERE with Orton at the helm... We won't be able to run because every team will have 8 or maybe even 9 guys in the box against us, making our already awful OL look even worse, and eliminating any holes the runningbacks may be able to exploit.

Our best offensive weapon right now is obviously Devin Hester... the only thing we're gonna be able to do with Hester and Orton is run WR screens, which will never work since defenses will be keying on Hester every time he's out there. If you've got a guy like Rex who can throw a good deep ball, then at least you may be able to split the safeties and find Hester deep every once in a while.
                      this is what happens when you let the bears have an offense.

but, most of what you say VLS, is directly attributed to the lack of planning by said offensive coaches. they don't adapt to the players, they want players to adapt to their system. right now, we don't. at all.
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• God damn it. I wrote up a huge statistical analysis and forgot to log in. ****.

Anyway, using Orton's stats from his rookie season is a really false way of going about it. Any rookie is going to do poorly.

Grossman didn't get his first full season until his 4th year in the league. If you take Orton's last 3 games last year (which was his 3rd year in the league) it compares very nicely to what Grossman has done in the last year in a half (ignoring the fact that it is tremendously boosted by Grossman's hot start in 2006).

The fact is that Grossman has been absolutely disgusting since mid-2006 and has very clearly regressed as a quarterback. He had a unbelievable ratio of 1 sack for every 9 attempts he took last year. That's gotta be damn near a record.

Sweetness, your boner for Grossman has once again gotten the best of you. You've always looked at him like he's something that he's not and I'm not sure why. He's terrible. The show is over. Move on. He commits more turnovers, he takes more sacks, and he only throws for minimally more YPA. And, to top it off, he appears to be getting worse over time.

Sorry...I had lots of stats to back it up the first time, but I'm lazy now, do it yo selves.

Comment

• You guys can always trade for Derek Anderson...how about Nathan Vasher and a 4th???

Comment

• Derek Anderson sucks monkey balls. The shine is already coming off that golden turd.

Brady Quinn on the other hand...

Comment

• to think that Derek Anderson would even be a mediocre quarterback behind our offensive line is just insane. He'd probably be worse than Rex or Orton because he's used to playing in Cleveland.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                Derek Anderson sucks monkey balls. The shine is already coming off that golden turd.

Brady Quinn on the other hand...
                                Shhh don't tell the rest of the Browns fans that they may **** a brick. I've been saying it since last year that he's not worth a lick. He's a very good backup QB thats it. Oh don't tell other teams either. I'd like to at least get a very good special teams linebacker and a pick from someone out there...please...anyone???

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information