2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put this in the gameday thread...meant to put it here

I think it's the offensive line more than anything in Chicago.

I said a few weeks ago I would go after the top FA O-lineman in FA if Briggs can't be resigned and I would spend my 1st pick on a O-lineman in this very rich draft along the line.

Some names I think would be realistic for where you'll bve picking-

Baker-Oher-Otah-and possibly Cherilus althought I've heard he may challenge Long for the top OT spot

The only guard I think will be a 1st rounder is Shuning (sp?) from Oregon State, I was really impressed with him last year when watching game films of Adam Koets last year after the Giants drafted him. In the 2 games worth of notes I have on him this year, I have down that he is physically dominating battles with bigger DTs once he gets locked on. Very sound and consistent technique with the ability to pull and get good space out in front of backs...dominant at the second level. Sounds like exactly what the Bears interior needs...keep his name in mind.
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• I just think we have to go offense with the draft.
      The Bears can do things without a dominant QB but not without a dominant OL. The dominated in 06, gave us the superbowl. If the offense doesnt start making some plays, run the ball effectively i cant see us winning more than 8 without injuries.

Comment

• if we dont sign briggs we better keep berrian. and if we dont land Clady/Loadholt/Otah the i may just go and try out for T in camp next year, b/c i may be an improvement. i think if felix jones comes out and slips we should get him in the 2nd, but just wondering, wat is every1's top 5 big board for rd 1. i got
        1. Clady
        2. Phillips
        3. Loadholt
        4. Otah
        5. Brohm (Ryan is a gunslinger which is a no-no now and Woodson wont be able to step right in)
        plz post ur thoughts and opinions on mine and urs

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBear89 View Post
          if we dont sign briggs we better keep berrian. and if we dont land Clady/Loadholt/Otah the i may just go and try out for T in camp next year, b/c i may be an improvement. i think if felix jones comes out and slips we should get him in the 2nd, but just wondering, wat is every1's top 5 big board for rd 1. i got
          1. Clady
          2. Phillips
          3. Loadholt
          4. Otah
          5. Brohm (Ryan is a gunslinger which is a no-no now and Woodson wont be able to step right in)
          plz post ur thoughts and opinions on mine and urs
          Ryan is hardly a "gunslinger"

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• I think i'd put ryan #1 right now. outside of something crazy happening like jake long or mcfadden falling

Comment

• Get off the Loaholt nutsack waggon. He's got the feet of a hippopotomus and get's a false start penalty at least once per drive. People just look at his measurables without actually taking into account his total lack of experience and glaring red flags.

He'll go back to school for another year of tuning. If he doesn't he's a fool and whatever team that drafts him is foolish as he'll flop like a dead fish.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Get off the Loaholt nutsack waggon. He's got the feet of a hippopotomus and get's a false start penalty at least once per drive. People just look at his measurables without actually taking into account his total lack of experience and glaring red flags.

He'll go back to school for another year of tuning. If he doesn't he's a fool and whatever team that drafts him is foolish as he'll flop like a dead fish.
                I'd be shocked if Loadholt came out this year, especially in this OT class.

But hey, I was knocked in September of 2006 for saying Jake Long would be a top 5 pick when he decided to come out, and Loadholt is similar to him in so many ways however with a lower floor but much higher ceiling.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• So does Kreutz get any heat now that all three of our QBs have fumbled snaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                    So does Kreutz get any heat now that all three of our QBs have fumbled snaps?
                    What are we gonna do, cut him?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Tell him we put Mannelly in, put Devin Hester 30 yards behind and just do a punt return every snap!

Comment

• Originally posted by Renji View Post
                        Tell him we put Mannelly in, put Devin Hester 30 yards behind and just do a punt return every snap!
                        good call..

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          Get off the Loaholt nutsack waggon. He's got the feet of a hippopotomus and get's a false start penalty at least once per drive. People just look at his measurables without actually taking into account his total lack of experience and glaring red flags.

but how do you really feel?

does any one know what happened to danieal manning? i thought he had a decent rookie campaign. has he taken a step back this year or has he always been awful?
                          Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                          Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

• He doesnt Like tackling, destroys his manicures

Comment

• the entire team just seems to be missing tackles some of it has to be the coaching change but Manning and mcgowan cant tackle plain and simple. manning just doesn't seem to like contact

Comment

• He played Flag Football in High School and in College thats why

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information