2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    That doesn't look like Holmgren is angling for the job....lots of people have been pimping out Cutler's abilities. (Many detractors too of course....)
    Well, I think if you put a few things together it makes sense.

- A lot of people believe Lovie is on the hot seat.
    - Holgrem has recently said he wants to work again.
    - He makes an appearance on a Chicago sports radio station and pimps Cutler.

One could easily interpret he's laying ground work for a possible job opening.

Holmgren would be a pretty good fit to be honest and makes quite a bit of sense.

I really wouldn't mind bringing in a guy like Holmgren or Shanny.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFbear View Post
      Right but correct me if Im wrong, I think you have to take into account we would have to keep paying Lovie for the last year on his contract (which like you said will be pretty high) along with paying the new coach at a pretty lucrative deal to out bid teams like the Redskins and Cowboys.

Holmgren, Shanny, and Gruden are all known to like Cutler so that could change things.

obviously they're never content with what they have because they're full on front-office tards at times...

*cough snyder/jones*
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...oldin/#respond

Only other team to make an offer for Boldin was the Eagles. They offered a third and Sheldon Brown. We offered the 49th.

I read elsewhere that the Cardinals wanted a 1st, a 3rd, and a 5th from the eagles and they just laughed. They drafted Maclin so there probably out of the running.

If the Cardinals still want to unload Boldin, they'll have to dramatically reduce their asking price and I'd have to think we would be the most likely landing spot. Of course other teams may reconsider positions now that the draft is over.

I think Boldin might still be a possibility. *crosses fingers*

Comment

• I think edwards is more of a possibility at this point.

dont want to sound like its a video game, but i could see these players go if the trade was to happen. Clark (they traded winslow), Anderson, I want to put a cb, but i dont think they would be interested in Manning because his real value is at a returner and they have cribbs. And at this point Vasher prolly has little value.
          hm. looks like i need a sig...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerni88 View Post
            I think edwards is more of a possibility at this point.

dont want to sound like its a video game, but i could see these players go if the trade was to happen. Clark (they traded winslow), Anderson, I want to put a cb, but i dont think they would be interested in Manning because his real value is at a returner and they have cribbs. And at this point Vasher prolly has little value.
            Boldin > Edwards. I didn't understand the talk of teams like the Giants wanting Edwards when Boldin was available. Edwards has had what....one really good year and then a ton of dropsies last year.

Boldin has consistently produced and is an all around better receiver imo. Probably can be had a slightly cheaper price too.

I'd take Boldin over Edwards any damn day of the week.

Comment

• i would take edwards before boldin.

1. he would prly come cheaper, Cards asked for a 1st 3rd and 5th

2. he has great size

3. boldin has fitz. Yes that means he is the number 2. That means he hasnt faced the top CB in years.

4. Boldin is great underneath and excels when matched up against a linebacker.

5. Boldin whines, but he plays hard

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerni88 View Post
                i would take edwards before boldin.

1. he would prly come cheaper, Cards asked for a 1st 3rd and 5th

2. he has great size

3. boldin has fitz. Yes that means he is the number 2. That means he hasnt faced the top CB in years.

4. Boldin is great underneath and excels when matched up against a linebacker.

5. Boldin whines, but he plays hard
                u do know that those WRs are rotating?

Comment

• Im not trying to down play boldin, hes been to the pro bowl for a reason, but I bet if u crunched the numbers most of his receptions arent from number 1 CB's

Comment

• I'd still take Boldin over Edwards and it's not even a question.

I don't think I'd even bother trading for Edwards unless he come crazily cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                      You don't have to be creative to not be predictable.
                      And I understand that, but it's hard to be versatile when your QB can't go down the field consistently.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        Boldin > Edwards. I didn't understand the talk of teams like the Giants wanting Edwards when Boldin was available. Edwards has had what....one really good year and then a ton of dropsies last year.

Boldin has consistently produced and is an all around better receiver imo. Probably can be had a slightly cheaper price too.

I'd take Boldin over Edwards any damn day of the week.
                        Boldin is way better than Braylon without a doubt but Edwards would probably make the best it in the Giants offense. If they are wanting someone to replace plax and have that same kind of impact then they would prbably take Braylon. I doubt they would want another underneath guy like Boldin when they already have Hixon/Moss/Smith. Not to mention you could probably get Edwards for ALOT cheaper(pbly a 2nd+a 4th) and deservedly so. Don't take this the wrong way, Boldin>Edwards, but for the price and the talent the G-men have at reciever i would take Braylon.

On Andrew Luck
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

• I agree with you, BB. Not a big fan of Edwards, a quarterback needs a wide receiver he can trust. Although if Edwards could get over his constant drops, he could be pretty darn good.

Boldin's been a bit banged up the last few seasons though, or at least it seems that way.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            I agree with you, BB. Not a big fan of Edwards, a quarterback needs a wide receiver he can trust.
                            Look at the receivers on our roster.

If we can get Braylon, we should get him.

Comment

• Rashied Davis needs to go. As much as I like Angelo, I dislike his keeping Davis, even if he is proud of himself for plucking Davis out of Arena ball. Dude cannot catch the ball well enough.

Thankfully now that Earl the Pearl is finally getting his shot, maybe he slides into the slot in a 3-wide package.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• I'm perfectly content with Davis in a no. 4 or 5 receiver role. He's a good special teams player, and while he does have his drop troubles, he's still a decent receiver and good route runner. He's a tough, give it his all type of player as well.

As long as I don't see him on the field for more than a few offensives snaps once in a while, I got no problem with him being on the roster.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information