2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
    I like the idea, we want dynamic offense, he can give us one. My only thing is that unless we have a QB that makes minimal mistakes, we will have the same problems that the Lions had.
    If we did bring him in then we might as well cut Benson the same day cause he would be even worse in a run and shoot offense. Wolfe would look good in that system.

Comment

• We're not going to bring in Martz. We already tried the Air Coryell offense with Terry Shea and it was a total disaster.

I expect Turner to be back, to the chagrin of most.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I swear if they don't fire Ron Turner I will poop a brick, and throw it at the windows of your house.

sig by VLS
        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
        I don't care...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
          I swear if they don't fire Ron Turner I will poop a brick, and throw it at the windows of your house.
          We only need a running game. Screw the QBs, McMahon wasnt that great either

Comment

• Originally posted by Renji View Post
            We only need a running game. Screw the QBs, McMahon wasnt that great either
            Look at the best teams in the NFL they all have great qb play. This ain't 85 anymore. If we get a chance to get a qb we have to take it. Grossman and Orton played fine late but there was a reason Orton was 3rd on the depth chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              How does he not? There's a difference between good and dynamic. There are things that Grossman can do that Griese or Orton cannot. There's no question about that.
              How does he not? Grossman is an abortion. He is horrible.

What good is it to be dynamic if you are horrible? He is so mechanically flawed it's sickening. Sure, he'll open up the offense by staring down receivers and throwing into triple coverage and make the team respect it, but what's the point if he's just going to fumble the next step or throw a dumb pick in the redzone?

Neither Grossman, Griese, Orton, are the answer. It's obvious and doesn't really need to be said.

I still want Brohm or Woodson in the first this year.

Comment

• Orton should be the starting quarterback next year. There I said it.

sig by VLS
                I don't care...

Comment

• I guess that's why Bradley doesn't play more. Honestly, if we keep Berrian, Bradley, and Hester and pick up a possession receiver we're in good shape with Kyle at the helm.

sig by VLS
                  I don't care...

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                    How does he not? Grossman is an abortion. He is horrible.

What good is it to be dynamic if you are horrible? He is so mechanically flawed it's sickening. Sure, he'll open up the offense by staring down receivers and throwing into triple coverage and make the team respect it, but what's the point if he's just going to fumble the next step or throw a dumb pick in the redzone?

Neither Grossman, Griese, Orton, are the answer. It's obvious and doesn't really need to be said.

I still want Brohm or Woodson in the first this year.
                    That's neat, but he's still the quarterback that gives our teams the most options, hence "dynamic". I could care less as to everything else, as that was totally off-topic.

Comment

• BTW isnt hester due to an Extension?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        That's neat, but he's still the quarterback that gives our teams the most options, hence "dynamic". I could care less as to everything else, as that was totally off-topic.
                        But if Kyle gives us a better chance to win isn't tha tmore important that being dynamic?

We need to extend Tommie Harris. 8 sacks on a bad leg. We need him a whole hell of a lot more than we need Briggs.

sig by VLS
                        I don't care...

Comment

• Kyle Orton should be the strater next season if we stick with these 3. No doubt Tommie is more important that Briggs but what is he gonna want with Redding signing that huge contract.

Comment

• As for H-Ditka's, I wouldn't be against giving Orton a shot at the #1 spot next year, but in no way am I ready to declare him the #1 guy. He's had an ok performance in the last three games (though still pretty meh), but I'm not even close to overlooking his horrendous play when he was made the guy when it counted, rookie season or not.

I still think of the three, Grossman is the most likely to be the starter next year, though wouldn't be against outside options either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                              But if Kyle gives us a better chance to win isn't tha tmore important that being dynamic?
                              Assuming this is true, sure. I don't think we can say that with any confidence after three games though, one of which we didn't even win.

The defense has played much better the last few weeks, that's been the story more than anything else.

Comment

• Well we went from the 9th or 10th pick to the 15th or 16th, but that's alright, I'll gladly finish the season on a positive note and a two game winning streak.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information