2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DaBear89 View Post
    i dont think anyone body in the world can convince us that taking jackson so he can take over return duties and let hester become a receiver would be a good thing. he would still need time to develop, which is essentially taking points away from us as there's no way jackson can do what hester does.

as far as what we do from here. say we dont do anything of note in FA, we still need a OT at 14, god would only be so kind to let clady slip, but it looks like it'll be b/t Otah and Williams and i wouldn't mind any of these 3. in the 2nd i would say WR it would have to be a big guy type. if bowman didnt have a ****** senior bowl that has turned a lot of people away i would say him. 3rd would be RB and BPA at S/OL/WR.
    if we sign someone like starks, then we can trade down to the late first and pick up a 2nd. i would love if we could talk SF into a trade for their picks at those spots. it would give us 3 picks in 17 spots(16-the pats) and in a place where there is still a bunch of talent
    eh, with the probable loss of berrian imminent, i think a speedier threat to replace him would be necessary. ive got a crazy crush on devin thomas as a potential 2nd rounder. i think he could be brilliant as a replacement to berrian.

now if it was berrian who was staying, id be all for signing ernest wilford and parting ways with muhammad before he gets too much further downhill...

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      We're not going to resign Briggs. The two aren't related at all.
      while it's unlikely, it's not outside the realm of possibility.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        eh, with the probable loss of berrian imminent, i think a speedier threat to replace him would be necessary. ive got a crazy crush on devin thomas as a potential 2nd rounder. i think he could be brilliant as a replacement to berrian.

now if it was berrian who was staying, id be all for signing ernest wilford and parting ways with muhammad before he gets too much further downhill...
        damn, i keep forgetting wilford is available. i think that may be a good way to go even if BB is gone. and my thing for drafting a speedy WR, isn't that what we're grooming Hester for? Wilford, Bradley(if he ever gets out of this weird doghouse), Hester, and Bowman/Thomas/Hardy. I'ld say we could have a respectable receiving corps in a few years

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBear89 View Post
          damn, i keep forgetting wilford is available. i think that may be a good way to go even if BB is gone. and my thing for drafting a speedy WR, isn't that what we're grooming Hester for? Wilford, Bradley(if he ever gets out of this weird doghouse), Hester, and Bowman/Thomas/Hardy. I'ld say we could have a respectable receiving corps in a few years
          i like to think of hester as more of a wildcard rather than relying on him to be the "speedy threat" guy.

keeping moose, or signing wilford, or both would give us a decent possession threat plus bradley if he develops further as a good balanced player, plus a speedy threat picked up in the draft or something, plus a wildcard like hester who's just not a natural receiver, but could be good for a few big plays a game, plus the further development of greg olsen......

i forget where i was going with all that but its a decent list of what we should/could have going into the future as pass catchers

add in KO and his 66% career winning percentage and we may have somewhat of a passing attack! now...about that run game...

Comment

i like to think of hester as more of a wildcard rather than relying on him to be the "speedy threat" guy.

keeping moose, or signing wilford, or both would give us a decent possession threat plus bradley if he develops further as a good balanced player, plus a speedy threat picked up in the draft or something, plus a wildcard like hester who's just not a natural receiver, but could be good for a few big plays a game, plus the further development of greg olsen......

i forget where i was going with all that but its a decent list of what we should/could have going into the future as pass catchers

add in KO and his 66% career winning percentage and we may have somewhat of a passing attack! now...about that run game...
            I think we've talked about cutting moose, because he is on the tail end of his career. If we could restructure to a much lower salary than yes it would be a very good move. But currently it is not good talent salary matchup.

I agree that Hester should not be any more than a situational player, and I would not have a problem if he was only on the field in the 2 min drill to sprint downfield.

I'm not a big Wilford fan, but understand what you want. I'm thinking more and more our corps of receivers is appearing quite subpar.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
              I think we've talked about cutting moose, because he is on the tail end of his career. If we could restructure to a much lower salary than yes it would be a very good move. But currently it is not good talent salary matchup.

I agree that Hester should not be any more than a situational player, and I would not have a problem if he was only on the field in the 2 min drill to sprint downfield.

I'm not a big Wilford fan, but understand what you want. I'm thinking more and more our corps of receivers is appearing quite subpar.
              ive always liked what ive seen of wilford. (though i admit its not too much...not many jag games on tv) until this most recent year where reggie williams stepped up a little, he seemed like he could be their best all around receiver.

hes a big guy, good jumper, catches most of what ive seen thrown his way...

be a good replacement for moose in the future, if not right away.

then like i said earlier, id love to see devin thomas be the pick in round 2.

Comment

• Whats with Hardy? Id be really sad if Berrian left.

Comment

• ive got nothing against hardy. hes a big dude, hed be there (at least) in the 2nd...

but if berrian is gone, i get teh feeling that our WR corps becomes a good deal slower. (discounting hester as a situation kind of player)

and id prefer to draft a speedier threat

Comment

• http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

hopefully he'll be back to his pro bowl form.

Comment

• Mayer said it looked alright so i guess hes gonna be fit again

Comment

ive got nothing against hardy. hes a big dude, hed be there (at least) in the 2nd...

but if berrian is gone, i get teh feeling that our WR corps becomes a good deal slower. (discounting hester as a situation kind of player)

and id prefer to draft a speedier threat
                        I think Hester is going to be much more than a situational player next year. I'd say it's at least 50/50 that he's a regular starter. Bradley has some real good speed too.

It really depends on what type of quarterback he have, but we could certainly use a guy with size.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          I think Hester is going to be much more than a situational player next year. I'd say it's at least 50/50 that he's a regular starter. Bradley has some real good speed too.

It really depends on what type of quarterback he have, but we could certainly use a guy with size.
                          well i would hope that he works out well as a full time WR, as i would with anyone the bears would play there, but seeing him play WR a few times last year, he just didnt look comfortable. you could tell that hasnt been his true position. maybe another off season of work there will fix that, but i see him as a 3rd receiver who can come in and run a streak or take a screen and run with it as about his max. but like i said, i hope he could do more than that

Comment

• one thing i think people forget is that just b/c a guy is fast doesn't mean we need a QB who can throw great bombs, if so grossman might have suceeded more. Hester on a slant over the middle is just as dangerous as Hester running a straight line. right now our WR corps looks like **** but it won't take that much to salvage it.

Comment

• I know that everyone has a big board for the draft but what is everyones big board for free agency. We always seem to wait until everyone else throws a ton of money around and then we take whoever's left over.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                                I know that everyone has a big board for the draft but what is everyones big board for free agency. We always seem to wait until everyone else throws a ton of money around and then we take whoever's left over.
                                i have a feeling that that is the most likely place we'll pick up a o-lineman. as bad as id still like to see one drafted high, we'll probably end up with another retread (see tait, brown, miller....even garza....st. clair....)

possibly WR to get someone who can make a bigger impact initially than a rookie would

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information