Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Official Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Renji View Post
    Clady < Williams?
    i think thats assuming clady is already gone as he is in most mocks.

    Comment


    • #47
      Scout.com says that Jerry has booked a private workout with Joe Flacco.



      *sigh* Don't know how I feel about it. He just seems like Orton deluxe edition.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by SFbear View Post
        Scout.com says that Jerry has booked a private workout with Joe Flacco.



        *sigh* Don't know how I feel about it. He just seems like Orton deluxe edition.
        KO isnt that bad....hes 12-6 as a starter. id take winning 2/3 of your games

        i know a QB really needs to be taken somewhere in the first 3 rounds but i want to see what KO can do this year

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          1st round- Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
          Good pick. He actually has potential to be a franchise LT.

          2nd round- Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
          Yuck. I know I was once on the bandwagon, but he is just a horrible fit for us. He needs to go to some team with a good QB situation and just sit for 3 years. That place is not here.

          3rd round- Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame
          Not loving it, not hating it. I have a feeling we might keep Walker around if we can restructure his contract. And if we do, that's 4 DT's, 4 DE's and Brown. And as it has been discussed, Brown most likely isn't going anywhere so that'd be 5 DE's (Idonije can coun't as DT). No way we carry more then 9 DLinemen.

          3rd round- Tashard Choice, RB, Georgia Tech
          I like him as well, and this is a good spot for him. However, we did spend a 3rd rounder on a RB last year and I could really see us signing some cheap FA like Brown or maybe someone a little more expensive like Fargas.

          4th round- Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida
          Very, and I mean very, wishful thinking that he'd be here.
          That'd be an okay draft, depending on what we do in free agency, IMO. That draft is severely lacking safety as well.

          ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by SFbear View Post
            Scout.com says that Jerry has booked a private workout with Joe Flacco.



            *sigh* Don't know how I feel about it. He just seems like Orton deluxe edition.
            Flacco is bigger and more mobile then Orton. And his Arm is bigger. Plus, he has more potential. Overall, Flacco is just better... and I am an Orton fan.

            ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
              Flacco is bigger and more mobile then Orton. And his Arm is bigger. Plus, he has more potential. Overall, Flacco is just better... and I am an Orton fan.
              right, if hes a better orton, then thats only a good thing (points back to 66% winning percentage)

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                I saw this mock on another draft site and was rather pleased with it, thought I'd run it past the masses.

                1st round- Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
                2nd round- Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
                3rd round- Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame
                3rd round- Tashard Choice, RB, Georgia Tech
                4th round- Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida


                That seems a bit too optomistic, but I would LOVE that draft.
                This draft addresses quite a lot of needs but my only question here would be Safety which is in dire need of help. This has been our achilles heel for defense and as much as I love Angelo's late rnd selections I'd have to say we'd need to hit this position sooner than 5th. Other than that its not a bad draft at all.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  2nd round- Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
                  I know he disappointed in the Senior Bowl, but did it really do that much damage to his stock? I kind of have my doubts. But, I guess we'll be finding out 4/26 & 27.

                  NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

                  Or @ least they had better be.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by DaBears9654 View Post
                    I know he disappointed in the Senior Bowl, but did it really do that much damage to his stock? I kind of have my doubts. But, I guess we'll be finding out 4/26 & 27.
                    ive seen him go as low as in the third...

                    i really liked him the times i saw him play this year like the LSU game. he was on target with passes, moving around quite well, etc.

                    the more people talk down on him, the more i like it becaues itmeans he'll be available later and later....lol

                    all the better for me

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      What do you guys think about a WR in round 2? If a guy like Devin Thomas or Hardy are still there I would definetly like to give our qb some else to throw too.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                        What do you guys think about a WR in round 2? If a guy like Devin Thomas or Hardy are still there I would definetly like to give our qb some else to throw too.
                        oh absolutely id go for thomas. hands down.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by DaBears9654 View Post
                          I know he disappointed in the Senior Bowl, but did it really do that much damage to his stock? I kind of have my doubts. But, I guess we'll be finding out 4/26 & 27.
                          I watched about 3 games from Woodson this year, and I was not impressed whatsoever. He does have a nice arm, but he just puts the ball in bad places and takes so dang long to get rid of the ball.

                          If I were an NFL team, I wouldn't take him until the 3rd round. I'd take Chad Henne over Woodson, both have strong arms, but Henne makes better decisions.

                          The One Man Fastbreak and Illini Legend Dee Brown

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Bighead734 View Post
                            I watched about 3 games from Woodson this year, and I was not impressed whatsoever. He does have a nice arm, but he just puts the ball in bad places and takes so dang long to get rid of the ball.

                            If I were an NFL team, I wouldn't take him until the 3rd round. I'd take Chad Henne over Woodson, both have strong arms, but Henne makes better decisions.
                            i havent liked henne...reminds me of a little less jumpy rex....not good

                            i liked woodson. i saw the lsu game, the louisville game and the bowl game and liked him in each. he seems calm, and accurate. i think with at east a year of sitting to work on a better release and learn an nfl system, he could be the best QB of the draft class

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              With Mcfaddens stock cooling off if he's there at 14 do we take him??

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I dunno, he seems like a Bust or Hit, it rather take Mendenhall

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information