Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rexmeister of Ortonman? Take your pick.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rexmeister of Ortonman? Take your pick.

If you were Chicago, who would you rather have as your starting quarterback come next year, Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton? Orton has shown some improvement over his last few starts and Rex, well, Rex always has plenty of potential. It's just the rest of the baggage...

The Bears need to bring in a new QB in the off-season. They don't have a starting caliber QB on their roster.

Comment

I wouldnt expect the Bears to do much more next yea r than they did this year. I see them using one of the two, I think they should go with Orton, then possibly draft a QB this year, then groom him for about a year before he is ready. I guess, there is also a chance of McNabb going to Chicago, which could or could not work out for them.

Comment

I would have someone else starting for me.
        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

They'll be starting Chad Pennington next year! Mark it down!

Comment

Doesn't Pennington have a monster contract? He would add more constinency though i'll give him that. What would the Jets want for him. I wouldn't give up 3rd for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
              They'll be starting Chad Pennington next year! Mark it down!
              yuck... I have a better arm then him.

Competition between Orton and Grossman with Flacco drafted in the 2nd.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

How about....1st half Orton 2nd Half Grossman?^^

Comment

Kyle Orton, by far. If we fix the holes on the offensive line, upgrade at running back, and add a receiver Orton can handle the job. He's shown that he can win with this team, or at least not lose. Although we have to bring in a Qb to compete, I wouldn't pick one up in the first or maybe even the second, I'd wait and see who falls, who rises, maybe trade back into the second if Flacco is still there at the end of the round. I don't want us to bring in a guy like McNabb or Pennington, we can't keep picking Qb's up off the scrap heap, they've had limited success elsewhere, and this is where Qb's come to die. Jerry Angelo should have learned his lesson after Kordell Stewart, and Brian Greise.

sig by VLS
                  Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                  I don't care...

Comment

I will take Orton. If he works on his accuracy, which is almost on par with Grossmans for the season, I think Orton could be a solid player. We dont need a QB that will throw for 250-300yrds a game, we need a guy who can put up maybe around 200 a game with a TD or 2 and minimal turnovers. I made a thread over at the Bears message board comparing Orton to David Gerrard of the Jaguars (minus the athletiscm, more on playing style). I think thats the type of QB we need, someone who doesnt make mistakes (Gerrard had 4ints this season, 2500 passing yards, 18TDs, and a passer rating of 100+). I would be happy with that type of production out of KO (though would not be that good unless he seriously improves). KO I bet could be a 12-18TD guy w/ maybe 6-9ints in a season. I would gladly take a 2:1 ratio over Grossmans essentially 1:1 in the 2006 season in which everyone bases all their Grossman love off of.

*also, season stat comparisons just to throw them out there. I know one season is nothing to base anything off of, but I just thought it was interesting that Orton had an avg of 1td per start, and Grossman had a .5avg TD per start.
                    http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?...elect+a+Player...
                    Last edited by bearfan; 01-02-2008, 12:26 AM.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

I wonder about J.P Losman's availablity, there have been rumors surrounding him all season and the job in Buffalo appears to be Edwards'. I would consider giving up a 4th rounder for him if his contract his reasonable (don't know off the top of my head). I'm not sold on Orton at this point, and would prefer Losman over Grossman.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

eh. i like grossman. i look for him to start at the top of the depth chart next preseason (preseason kids). i don't think this year a rookie QB will start nor will anyone bring in mcnabb nor derek anderson nor chad pennington (we already have a noodlearm in the way of brian griese)
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

orton can has proven that he can, at the very least, protect the football. something grossman has never been able to do. (when rex is at QB, i sometimes wonder if 'fumble the snap' is actually a play in the g*d*mn playbook...)

orton ftw

but they do need to draft someone in the first 3 rounds to groom for a year (or however long orton holds down the job)

with some revamping of the o-line and a healthy D, orton only has to be average and the bears are back in playoff contention IMO

Comment

This is a tough call because Grossman showed improvement after he came back, even though it looks like fumbles are going to be a problem for him. Orton has the stuff, not as good an arm as Grossman, but if he gets more accurate, he could cut it.
                            A quarterback has to be drafted, but given the choice with these two, I would say Grossman, but he would have to win an open competition between him and Orton.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                              This is a tough call because Grossman showed improvement after he came back, even though it looks like fumbles are going to be a problem for him. Orton has the stuff, not as good an arm as Grossman, but if he gets more accurate, he could cut it.
                              A quarterback has to be drafted, but given the choice with these two, I would say Grossman, but he would have to win an open competition between him and Orton.
                              im not against signing grossman to a one or two year deal if he hits the market and doesn't find any suitors.

and i've noticed a lot of people really like his arm, but i just don't see it...his deep passes tend to flutter and drift a little more than i would like...idk...

but i think the bears QB situation should look like this headed into next year:

1.) Orton
                              2.) Grossman/FA
                              3.) QB drafted in the first 3 rounds

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information