bears looking at flacco, not woodson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    That's a good point. In theory it was supposed to be a WCO. It certainly was the first time Turner was OC in the mid-90's, but it's since permutated.

I think a big reason for that is Grossman however. If you watched the Orton-Griese starts it was much more dinking and dunking. Hell I think Adrian Peterson ended up with like 50 catches.
    i agree on grossman, and to me, it seemed like they had griese throwing a little bit of everything....

and i kind of thought the dinking and dunking with orton in there was because he had a lack of experience more than anything else.....idk

its just when i picture a west coast offense, i picture a team like tampa or seattle having 5 guys runnings short to intermediate routes all over the field. a guy going deep occasionally....

i think their personnel is a lot different too, but i see very little of what they do in what we do

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      i see that you being an iowa fan have probably been subjected to watching henne's not-so-goodness over the past few years...

he was an alright college QB but i dont see him doing well at all in the pros. he literally embodies everythingb ad about orton and grossman with fewer of their positives..
      I see 51 has gotten to you with his bogus talk about Flacco.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
        I see 51 has gotten to you with his bogus talk about Flacco.
        I think he was talking about Henne.

Comment

Did you know that Flacco is Italian for overrated?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
            I think he was talking about Henne.
            whoops, I saw that second paragraph and I remember 51 saying the same exact thing about Flacco about 1000 times before.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
              whoops, I saw that second paragraph and I remember 51 saying the same exact thing about Flacco about 1000 times before.
              yeah i kind of stole it from there but felt it better applied to henne. just go look at what scott has for his weaknesses in his rankings, hes an inch taller grossman.

as for flacco....eh. my opinion on the guy is mixed. he probably doesnt deserve to go as high as he will (late 1st/early 2nd) but he does have a lot of potential i feel.

i also feel that way about woodson, only moreso....too bad we're not even looking at woodson.....

Comment

I personally would rather take Henne over Flacco. Flacco has a ton of potential but I think he's so far away from reaching it. We haven't been able to develop a qb in um.....ever. I'd go with Henne if I had to choose. I hope we don't take either in round 2.

Comment

I personally would rather take Henne over Flacco. Flacco has a ton of potential but I think he's so far away from reaching it. We haven't been able to develop a qb in um.....ever. I'd go with Henne if I had to choose. I hope we don't take either in round 2.
                  well i would choose neither in round 2. like i said, i wouldnt touch flacco as high as hes going to be pushed i feel, and i dont want henne at all.

Comment

I wouldn't be upset if we went with either in the 2nd cause we do need a qb but I hope there are better players available.

Comment

I wouldn't be upset if we went with either in the 2nd cause we do need a qb but I hope there are better players available.
                      yeah but i said in another thread somewhere that QB isnt something you should just go willy nilly over. you had better really love the guy your taking or its only going to end up problematic.

if i were a GM, and we should all thank god that i am not, i would be taking a quarterback i really love. if theres a guy who many people have rated as a late round prospect who i think would a perfect pick for my team, i would wait to take him.

like this year, everyone seems to love matt ryan. i do not. if i were a GM in need of a QB, im not going to take a guy i dont like just because hes the consensus favorite. if theres someone else i like, im going to try and get that guy as late as i can afford to.

so just because most people like henne and flacco as early 2nd rounders, i dont like them there and would just wait.

Comment

Sometimes teams purposefully don't send any scouts to a player's workout because they secretly want that player in the draft and don't want to draw attention to themselves. I hope that this isn't the case with Woodson. I personally think he's going to be a bust in the NFL. His slow release, combined with his poor decision making will get him killed in the NFL.

I'd rather have Flacco any day of the week, and I hope that the rumor that we like Flacco over Woodson is true.

Comment

Hey 51 I like that sig picture you have.

Comment

Muchos Gracias.

Apparently we had a lot of scouts at Josh Johnson's event, including Pep Hamilton.

I'm neutral on him. Not sure if Turner would know how to utilize him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

since when can turner utilize any1? let alone a dual threat QB or w/e ppl call them now

Comment

Originally posted by DaBear89 View Post
                                since when can turner utilize any1? let alone a dual threat QB or w/e ppl call them now
                                I actually think Turner has done a really good job of utilizing Grossman.
                                The deep ball is his big strength, and Turner have used it alot with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information