Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bears looking to trade for Chargers' #27 pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    You saw a career backup guy in Chad Henne huh...He was injured for the better part of this year and still had a good season.

I bet you saw the same with Tom Brady too...Or David Gerrard, or Steve Young, or Matt Hasselbeck, etc...

Henne has the tools to be a starting QB in the NFL. He's got great size, big time arm, good pocket presense, he's experienced/proven, and he's got upside. Sure he's inconsistent but that doesn't worry me. I saw him slice and dice a very good Florida defense in the Capital One Bowl on New Year's Day this year. With Pep working on him Chad would be a good looking QB should we take him.

Now frankly I don't care if we grab a QB or not on the first day. My thought is that without an OL no QB will do well on this team. But I'm not sure if Grossman or Orton are the answer long term. I think out of the 2 Rex has a chance but I don't know if JA is willing to take that chance.
    i wasnt that old when steve young was around and the other guys were all drafted where a career backup belongs. they just outplayed it which does happen....did you see any of those guys being as great as they are? i doubt anyone did...but they found the right opportunity and ran with it.

and floridas defense wasnt good in that bowl game....they were very young iirc and michigan was playing with house money since it was carr's last game. teams always go all out in them...

and i live in big 10 country, i usually saw at least part of the michigan game about every week for the past.....many years. i saw henne before this year and i saw henne this year. the guy i saw was a career backup at best.

and i just dont buy this leadership stuff. Real leaders don't lead their team into the vicious jaws of their greatest rival year in and year out. Real leaders don't let their team overlook the D1AA App States of the world.

I don't want this guy anywhere near the bears. He's just going to handcuff us grossman style while we're forced to give him his due chance as a high draft pick over the next several years and i die a little inside as my life, and the careers of guys like urlacher, just go to waste with the ****** QB play henne will bring us during his reign
    Last edited by BeerBaron; 04-24-2008, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I know 51 is high on Woodson and I like him as well, but it makes me chuckle if you think Andre will be easier to mold than Chad. I saw a lot of Woodson as well this year and was very underwhelmed. He did not progress like I thought he would.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I know 51 is high on Woodson and I like him as well, but it makes me chuckle if you think Andre will be easier to mold than Chad. I saw a lot of Woodson as well this year and was very underwhelmed. He did not progress like I thought he would.
        woodson performed light years better against LSU and their national champion defense than what ive ever seen out of a guy like henne or even matt ryan (who has a whopping 4 minutes of a great game leading his charge....)

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          i wasnt that old when steve young was around and the other guys were all drafted where a career backup belongs. they just outplayed it which does happen....did you see any of those guys being as great as they are? i doubt anyone did...but they found the right opportunity and ran with it.

and floridas defense wasnt good in that bowl game....they were very young iirc and michigan was playing with house money since it was carr's last game. teams always go all out in them...

and i live in big 10 country, i usually saw at least part of the michigan game about every week for the past.....many years. i saw henne before this year and i saw henne this year. the guy i saw was a career backup at best.

and i just dont buy this leadership stuff. Real leaders don't lead their team into the vicious jaws of their greatest rival year in and year out. Real leaders don't let their team overlook the D1AA App States of the world.

I don't want this guy anywhere near the bears. He's just going to handcuff us grossman style while we're forced to give him his due chance over the next several years and i die a little inside as my life, and the careers of guys like urlacher, just go to waste with the ****** QB play henne will bring us.
          Florida's defense was ridiculously talented last year. Were they young? Yes, but damn good.

Give the guy some credit for raping the hell out of a tough SEC team, geeze. And that's my point, you can't predict a guys future in the NFL...Some flourish, others don't. Why not give Henne a chance before you throw him under the bus?

This is why YOU are on your computer typing up what YOU think and not a GM in the NFL. Gotta love fan GM's that think they could run a team.

There's a reason why Henne is the hot name right now amongst QB's and that's because other GM's see what I saw from him at Michigan, a damn good looking prospect that has a chance to be a very, very good NFL QB given time.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

woodson performed light years better against LSU and their national champion defense than what ive ever seen out of a guy like henne or even matt ryan (who has a whopping 4 minutes of a great game leading his charge....)
            Woodson had that one elite game. Henne's career > Woodson's career.

Comment

And he underperformed against lesser teams, so what does that tell you? Is he a good leader because they lost to teams they shouldn't have?

Woodson is highly, highly inconsistent right now and you're telling me you like him better than a guy like Henne who is more proven and who is more consistent? GMAB man.

To say Henne is a future backup is just laughable when he's being considered in the first ******* round right now. Now I understand you like other QB's better as prospects, that's your own opinion but seriously man, the Henne bashing is hilarious right now.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                Exactly, thank you very much.

Comment

hennes offensive support > woodsons offensive support

SEC top to bottom > Big 10 top to bottom (theyre bottom is rather low...)

and to sweetness, i may not be an NFL GM but what makes your opinion better than mine? in what ive seen of henne, i dont like him.

and in the woodson vs. henne debate, id take woodson in the 4th or even 3th in a heartbeat vs. henne late first where we will probably have to be in order to take him

Comment

hennes offensive support > woodsons offensive support

SEC top to bottom > Big 10 top to bottom (theyre bottom is rather low...)

and to sweetness, i may not be an NFL GM but what makes your opinion better than mine? in what ive seen of henne, i dont like him.

and in the woodson vs. henne debate, id take woodson in the 4th or even 3th in a heartbeat vs. henne late first where we will probably have to be in order to take him
                    I agree I'd prefer Woodson in t late 3rd or 4th over Henne in the 2nd but I think Henne is better than Woodson. I don't think Woodson would be a good fit.

Comment

Why don't you like Henne? Because he lost to App. State? That falls more on the coaches than the players not getting them focused. Because he was inconsistent? Woodson was night and day when he played this year. Great one week, horrible the next.

Henne was hurt his entire Senior season yet he still put up some pretty big numbers.

Comment

Keep in mind that I like Woodson too but right now and down the road I like Chad better.

My point is this, why ***** and moan about taking a guy when he's yet to have a chance to prove himself? Give the guy a chance.

I bet you said the same thing about Mike Brown, Charles Tillman, and Devin Hester in the 2nd Round too huh and look how they panned out.

Fine, you don't agree with a pick, so what...Let things play out and see what happens instead of jumping off a bridge on Saturday.

Comment

Why don't you like Henne? Because he lost to App. State? That falls more on the coaches than the players not getting them focused. Because he was inconsistent? Woodson was night and day when he played this year. Great one week, horrible the next.

Henne was hurt his entire Senior season yet he still put up some pretty big numbers.
                          i stand by my earlier statement that i prefer woodson in the 3rd-4th over henne in the late 1st.

is henne better than woodson? based on his college career one would have to say yes, theres really no choice there. but in terms of the investment that would have to be made (money, draft pick) id prefer woodson. plus i think woodson has incredible upside.

in what i saw of henne, i just don't think i understand where people come from when they say hes a great leader, top intangibles, etc, etc. Watching him play, i thought career backup kind of guy.....ive since been proven wrong in terms of where hed be drafted since then

maybe ive been overexposed to henne, i dont know. i just know i don't agree with the player i saw being a late first round draft choice

if we take him on draft day, we're stuck with him and ill have to accept it and pray im wrong about him. but id rather not take the risk....

Comment

Keep in mind that I like Woodson too but right now and down the road I like Chad better.

My point is this, why ***** and moan about taking a guy when he's yet to have a chance to prove himself? Give the guy a chance.

I bet you said the same thing about Mike Brown, Charles Tillman, and Devin Hester in the 2nd Round too huh and look how they panned out.

Fine, you don't agree with a pick, so what...Let things play out and see what happens instead of jumping off a bridge on Saturday.
                            lol, I was so pissed when we took Hester. Kick returner are you kidding me!!

Comment

lol, I was so pissed when we took Hester. Kick returner are you kidding me!!
                              when i saw him in college i wanted him. that was when miami was trying him out as a receiver and i even said on the message board i was on at the time that think he could be good in the pros.

a little surprised when we drafted him but i wasnt upset

Comment

My fav was Jimmy Williams DB Vtech. I think he'll turn it around in Atl.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information