Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oh, and someone needs to be knocking on Logan Mankins' door at 12:01 on the first day of free agency.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Monomach View Post
      So, with who I think there's a chance to be left when we pick in the first, this would be my draft board:

      1. Derek Sherrod, LT/RT, Mississippi State
      2. Gabe Carimi, RT, Wisconsin
      3. Anthony Castonzo, LT, Boston College
      4. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
      5. Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
      6. DeMarcus Love, OG/RT, Arkansas
      7. Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
      8. Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
      9. Try to trade down (I see a hell of a lot of value in the second round)
      10. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
      11. Nate Solder, LT, Colorado
      12. Stefen Wisniewski, C/OG, Penn State

      Obviously, things may change after the combine, but that's where it sits right now.
      #1 to me would be trade down. I like a lot of the 2nd and 3rd round guys.

      Comment


      • If Liuget comes out he makes great scheme sense and should be projected as a later first. I like him better than Drake Nevis..

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
          If Liuget comes out he makes great scheme sense and should be projected as a later first. I like him better than Drake Nevis..
          Says the Illini homer, lol

          I'm not disagreeing, I've seen less of Liuget than I have of Nevis, but I love me some Nevis. If we have to take him in the first to get him, I'd support it.

          Comment


          • I still haven't come to terms with the fact we'll have a first round pick for the first time since 2008.

            Hopefully this means Bears fans won't start measuring our third round picks for their Hall of Fame jacket during the offseason anymore.
            "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
            17/10/2011

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              Says the Illini homer, lol

              I'm not disagreeing, I've seen less of Liuget than I have of Nevis, but I love me some Nevis. If we have to take him in the first to get him, I'd support it.
              I like Nevis as well, but I like Liuget a bit more. Liuget is a bigger, more explosive, and the better athlete. He returned kickoffs in high school at 260+ lbs to put his athleticism in perspective.

              Liuget is going to really start to rise. Rumor around town is he's coming out.

              I'd love to see a DT who could really be a menace inside next to Peppers. Like a prime Tommie Harris and Peppers on the same DL? That would have been fun to watch.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                I like Nevis as well, but I like Liuget a bit more. Liuget is a bigger, more explosive, and the better athlete. He returned kickoffs in high school at 260+ lbs to put his athleticism in perspective.

                Liuget is going to really start to rise. Rumor around town is he's coming out.

                I'd love to see a DT who could really be a menace inside next to Peppers. Like a prime Tommie Harris and Peppers on the same DL? That would have been fun to watch.
                Well, if he comes out and grades well, it gives us two options I'd be happy with at DT.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  Well, if he comes out and grades well, it gives us two options I'd be happy with at DT.
                  I like Bailey as well. I'd take any of them. I think there is 3 options in our range at DT.

                  Not to mention one of the WR's that's going to fall & the OL..

                  Comment


                  • Just watched the Mississippi State vs Michigan game. Sherrod definitely did not play like a top 15 pick. Guys getting a bit overrated. Not saying he's a bad player but the fringe 1st/early 2nd is a good grade for him.

                    Comment


                    • I want Korey Lindsay in round 5.

                      Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

                      Comment


                      • Aldon Smith declares.

                        Another DE in the pool.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                          Aldon Smith declares.

                          Another DE in the pool.
                          For us or in general?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                            For us or in general?
                            He got a 1st round grade from the draft committee. They don't often throw out those grades.

                            I would absolutely take him by the looks of where we will be picking.

                            But I was speaking more in general. Another really good prospect declares. This is a good thing for us.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                              He got a 1st round grade from the draft committee. They don't often throw out those grades.

                              I would absolutely take him by the looks of where we will be picking.

                              But I was speaking more in general. Another really good prospect declares. This is a good thing for us.
                              He's going to have to bulk up to play 3-4 OLB. We seem to be high on king sized DEs. He reminds me a lot of Aaron Maybin.

                              Comment


                              • 1st rd: Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt
                                2nd rd: Demarcus Love OT Ark.
                                3rd rd: Marvin Austin DT NC
                                4th rd: Shareece Wright CB USC

                                Or

                                Trade 1st, 3rd, J Knox, and next years second for Larry Fitz ^_^ i know unrealistic but a guy can hope right?
                                Bears fan

                                Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin


                                In Tyler We Trust

                                Welcome to Project Mayhem

                                This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                                Jimmy Buckets <3

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information