• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1: Julio Jones WR Alabama
    R2: Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
    R3: Brandon Hogan CB West Virginia
    R4: Greg Romeus DE Pittsburgh

That's my ideal scenario. R3 and 4 are high risk, but I think they are both steals in those rounds.

Comment

• I know value is a huge deal with early picks, but we really, really need some OL help. It blows that the OL class this year is lacking (on paper), but in this instance I wouldn't mind "reaching" on an offensive lineman if one is available. Maybe post-combine the OL prospects will start climbing up draft boards.

I still firmly believe that our receiving core is good enough if they have some time to get into their routes and find open spaces. Yeah, a big #1 receiver would be nice to have, but it starts and ends with the offensive line.

Also, Forte/Taylor are good enough that with some holes they can be damn good backs. There aren't a lot of RB's in this league that can create holes for themselves on a consistent basis.

It would be nice for Jay to have a safety blanket target like he did in Denver with Marshall, but it would be nicer if we solidified the trenches. With time he has proven he can shred defenses through the air and our receivers are dangerous in the open field.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        I know value is a huge deal with early picks, but we really, really need some OL help. It blows that the OL class this year is lacking (on paper), but in this instance I wouldn't mind "reaching" on an offensive lineman if one is available. Maybe post-combine the OL prospects will start climbing up draft boards.

I still firmly believe that our receiving core is good enough if they have some time to get into their routes and find open spaces. Yeah, a big #1 receiver would be nice to have, but it starts and ends with the offensive line.

Also, Forte/Taylor are good enough that with some holes they can be damn good backs. There aren't a lot of RB's in this league that can create holes for themselves on a consistent basis.

It would be nice for Jay to have a safety blanket target like he did in Denver with Marshall, but it would be nicer if we solidified the trenches. With time he has proven he can shred defenses through the air and our receivers are dangerous in the open field.
        I think we have seen that when the Bears can run the ball they are successful. Bennett and Olsen are good enough 'security blankets' and the rest of the guys can create a little bit after the catch. It is O-Line, D-Line, and CB

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
          I think we have seen that when the Bears can run the ball they are successful. Bennett and Olsen are good enough 'security blankets' and the rest of the guys can create a little bit after the catch. It is O-Line, D-Line, and CB
          Eh, the running game still isn't where it needs to be. Take away a couple big runs and it was mediocre for the most part. I know big runs are a huge part of the game, but Forte/Taylor were still getting hit in the backfield waaayyy too often and the holes were few and far between. Our run game can certainly get better.

I think both of Forte's big runs were his natural ability coming through more than anything. He'd be a factor back with consistent blocking.

Win the battle at the line and you give yourself a good chance of winning every week. Give Jay time in the pocket and a solid run game and he'd be scary good.

Kruetz is done. Garza doesn't have much left. Williams is not a true guard and I don't rust Webb as a long term answer right now. They have improved as a unit, but they are by far the weak link on this team.

The defense is fine. Yeah, there are some holes, but they are currently a top tier defense and none of our players' play will drop off significantly next season.

I'll agree with you though in that Martz's recent focus on running the ball is making a huge difference. We've become a ball control offense and with our personnel that is the right system.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
            Eh, the running game still isn't where it needs to be. Take away a couple big runs and it was mediocre for the most part. I know big runs are a huge part of the game, but Forte/Taylor were still getting hit in the backfield waaayyy too often and the holes were few and far between. Our run game can certainly get better.
            Oh I agree. I think the run game is still bad. That is why O-Line is number one need in my mind. Wide Receiver is way down on my list of needs.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• 1. DeCastro
              2. Carimi
              3. Herzlich
              4. Little
              5. Kowalski

mmmmmmm
              I want a sig.

Comment

• Round 1: Derek Sherrod - OT - Mississippi State
                Round 2: Marvin Austin - DT - UNC
                Round 3: Tyron Smith - OT - USC
                Round 4: Will Hill - DB - Florida
                Round 5: Randall Cobb - WR - Kentucky

Comment

• Austin isn't worth a 2nd rounder anymore. If Smith declares, he'll be gone by the early 2nd round.

In my mock I just posted, I had us going:

1 - Sherrod
                  2 - Pouncey
                  3 - Fua

Totally unrealistic because JA doesn't seem to use common sense or logic when drafting, and I fully expect to be pissed off by at least one of our first 3 picks, but I'd kill for us to draft the 3 guys I just put there.

Comment

• I don't like Will Hill at all. I don't see him as a starter. Also don't see safety as a need at all with how well Manning is played and I expect big things from Wright. Austin in the 3rd is a maybe for me. Can't take him earlier.

I live in FL and watch every FL game. Most of them multiple times since they replay them often. Pounder and Hill are very overrated. This is not the Pouncey we want. His balance is not there. Misses blocks a lot and isn't the mauler he's made out to be. His best fit is in a ZBS. He profiles as a starter at OG to me but nothing special. I could see him in the 2nd but there are several players I have rated higher that could/should be there.

Marcus Gilbert is a good looking player though. He looks like he could be a solid starting RT. Would have good strength and athleticism for a RT.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                      Also don't see safety as a need at all with how well Manning is played and I expect big things from Wright.
                      I see it as a need. Wright and Manning are only fit to play SS...same as every safety on our roster. Also, I'm curious as to why you expect big things from Wright. From what I've seen, he has issues in coverage, and Pro Football Focus agrees with me. So far, Major Wright has shown exactly nothing, and he wasn't good enough in college to bring about big expectations. To tell you the truth, I think we re-sign Manning and Wright stays buried on the depth chart behind him for forever.

But anyway...Will Hill has no reason to come out. It's not like he's going to be drafted high enough to get paid if he does.

My first three rounds:
                      Riley Reiff, LT, Iowa
                      Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
                      Alex Linnenkohl, C, Oregon State
                      Last edited by Monomach; 12-02-2010, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Eesh...Scott gave us Solder with Sherrod still on the board. I'd be fuming on draft day if that's how it went.

Solder is just too raw, and we could use a guy who could step in right away and play well. And in his write up for Sherrod (taken by the Falcons several picks later,) he writes: "...but few, if any, offer the total package of Mississippi State’s Derek Sherrod. An outstanding all-around player with everything you look for at the position...."

DO WANT!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          Eesh...Scott gave us Solder with Sherrod still on the board. I'd be fuming on draft day if that's how it went.

Solder is just too raw, and we could use a guy who could step in right away and play well. And in his write up for Sherrod (taken by the Falcons several picks later,) he writes: "...but few, if any, offer the total package of Mississippi State’s Derek Sherrod. An outstanding all-around player with everything you look for at the position...."

DO WANT!
                          Yeah, that was a head-scratcher. Sherrod is definitely better than Solder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                            Yeah, that was a head-scratcher. Sherrod is definitely better than Solder.
                            In the discussion he compared Sherrod to Chris Williams.....ewwwwww. I caught Sherrod playing against Arkansas and he was dominant in his run blocking, way more powerful than I've ever seen Williams be. So I'm hoping that isn't the case and we pick him up.

Comment

• Sherrod is more aggressive than Williams ever was. I think the comparison is based on how both of them play with good technique instead of raw strength. Williams at least looks like he's getting better.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                                Sherrod is more aggressive than Williams ever was. I think the comparison is based on how both of them play with good technique instead of raw strength. Williams at least looks like he's getting better.
                                The image of Williams getting pushed into the backfield by Haynesworth like a bull goring a matador will be the first thing I think of when I think of Chris Williams a guard anymore.....that was pitiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information