No announcement yet.

Draft Day Thread! Please Read!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These picks are falling pretty well for us, especially the Giants not taking Poz or Staley.

With 9 picks left guys that we would likely have an interest are:

-Quinn
    -Olsen
    -Bowe
    -Meachem
    -Staley
    -Poz
    -Beason
    -Merriweather (the only one I wouldn't like)
    -Grubs
    -Kalil
    -D.Jarrett
    -S.Rice
    -Blaylock

I would be happy with any of these.

Hopefully Anthony Spencer and Chris Houston go before us, nas those are two players we probably would not have an interest in.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Forgot Alan Branch..though I'm not sure we would want him.

Comment

You guys think the Pats take Olsen?

Comment

Or they could trade down with SF?

Comment

Originally posted by Bears_Fan View Post
            Paul Poz better be this draft pick. Thats all I have to say.

Comment

Unless we completely plan on trading Briggs, Olsen makes much more sense than Poz. I wouldn't dislike Poz, but there are a lot of options here, and I wouldn't be suprised to see that next group of WR come off if they like one, or an offensive lineman like Kalil, Ugoh, or Sears.

Hell I wouldn't be suprised if it was Alan Branch. He would definately help our run defense.

Comment

We should take Poz if SD does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bears_Fan View Post
                  Paul Poz better be this draft pick. Thats all I have to say.

Comment

I am ok with Olsen. It seems to be pretty good value. An offensive weapon, and an addition that we don't have on the team.

Comment

51... I should have never doubted you. Jerry Angelo is god.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

OMG OMG OMG JA just owned SD in that trade. Our 2nd for their 2nd, their 3rd, their 5th, and their 3rd next year. Are you kidding me? We just ass raped SD on that trade.

Angelo is god!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

who do you guys think they'll pick now ???
                          this is the year!

Comment

In the TJ trade with the Jets, the point differential between pick 37 and pick 63 was worth 254 points, equivalant to about a top 5 3rd round pick. So, for those of you who don't understad, that was practically like trading TJ for an early third, and then trading that pick with our 2nd for an early 2nd. Pretty good value if you ask me.

In the trade down, we got 561.2 points from the Chargers. The 37th pick is worth 530 points. (figuring that the late 3rd round pick next year would be worth around 125). So, if my math is correct, we got 31.2 points of value.

So, we did basically trade TJ for the later. So, in retrospect, we traded Thomas Jones and our second rounder and moved up 1 spot in the second round, added an additional 3rd round pick (94) as well as an additional 5th round pick (158), and a 08 3rd round draft pick (which will likely be late). I'll take that everytime.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

This is turning out to be a great draft so far. The trade down was a gem as well, picking up an extra first day pick this year and next.

At #62 I'm hoping that some of those 2nd tier recievers are available, someone like Rice, Hill, or Smith (all wishful thinking probably), the kid from East Carolina would be fine too.

Or if Pittman or Kenny Irons is there I'd be happy as well.

Comment

not liking this pick... Bazuin is a player that i like, but i don't understand why we needed to use a 2nd round pick on a 4th DE...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information