No announcement yet.

Chad Johnson needs to GO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Chad doesn't want to be here, I don't want him to be here.

Comment

i agree but i get the feeling he does ultimately want to be here. regardless of what the reports are saying. if not, we'd be fine but id really like him to be here. this season will ultimately decide that IMO.

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I'm still doubting he gets traded... Not sure how things would work themselves out though.

Comment

Heard Washington might want him? Don't believe the Bengals pull the trigger but, Johnson's agent Rosenhaus is said to be stepping into this so who knows?

Comment

Yeah I could definetely see Washington wanting to get a deal done. They've never been shy of trading draft picks and getting older stars.

Supposedly the hit would be 8 mil if we traded Chad, I just don't see it happening.

Comment

TJ is a number 2 receiver and Chad is a number 1 receiver. Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges in my opinion. They work together and compliment each other really well. Anyways, anyone who thinks TJ is better than CJ has a 1 year memory span =)

Comment

ya i think palmertocj is just a little po'ed and with good reason. TJ is great but without chad i don't know if he would be the receiver we think he is. chad is an integral part to this offense just by being on the field.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Keep in mind I never said TJ was better than CJ... Just more important to this team.

Seriously, convince me CJ makes near the big time catches TJ does.

Chad is clearly the more gifted WR, TJ gets the job done. Half of CJ's numbers usually fall in two or so massive games, the rest aren't all that spectacular.

Comment

Man, am I the only one that actually goes and checks stats around here? Last year CJ had 4 games of under 60 yards recieving. TJ had 7 games of under 60 yards. CJ had way more big yardage games, as he should being the type of WR he is, but he was just as consistent every other week as TJ was. CJ still had 93 (93!) catches. TJ had 10 more catches and 4 more TDs, again as he should being the type of WR he is. Im in agreement with the other guy who says the Bengals need both.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                      Keep in mind I never said TJ was better than CJ... Just more important to this team.

Seriously, convince me CJ makes near the big time catches TJ does.

Chad is clearly the more gifted WR, TJ gets the job done. Half of CJ's numbers usually fall in two or so massive games, the rest aren't all that spectacular.
                      Im not saying CJ makes more big catches, but you take CJ out of the equation then TJ will not have the opportunity to make many of those catches. Chad's presence is what allows TJ to do what he does. And he definitely takes advantage of it. Unless Chad is a detriment this season, we have no good reason to let him go. I understand his frustration and it did get a little out of hand but he has always been pretty great for us. He sees the talent we have(as we all do) and we havent been able to make that next step like other teams have. We have one of the best WR combos in the NFL and breaking that up would in no way make this team any better.

I am not trying to take anything away from TJ because he is Mr. Third Down and he is a very clutch player.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
                        Man, am I the only one that actually goes and checks stats around here? Last year CJ had 4 games of under 60 yards recieving. TJ had 7 games of under 60 yards. CJ had way more big yardage games, as he should being the type of WR he is, but he was just as consistent every other week as TJ was. CJ still had 93 (93!) catches. TJ had 10 more catches and 4 more TDs, again as he should being the type of WR he is. Im in agreement with the other guy who says the Bengals need both.
                        Dude... You keep chiming in but how many Bengals games have you watched since CJ has become a Bengal? I've watched every single one, I had this same opinion before all this trade BS came up.

TJ gets plenty of attention himself, it's not like it's always CJ getting doubled and TJ single coverage. They put extra guys on him as well. They know he's getting the ball in the red zone yet he still makes the catches.

Chad brings up the playoffs BS yet in 2006 we would've been in had he not bombed in the Denver game. Massive fumble on top of an illegal motion penalty that cost us a 70 yard Henry TD.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                          Half of CJ's numbers usually fall in two or so massive games, the rest aren't all that spectacular.
                          I see post likes this and I go and do research, that is all. Another Bengals fan on here asked "Since when does CJ get 90+ catches and 10 tds?" Do the research before you make statements. He essentially does that every year. And I live in WV...so believe me, I've seen plenty of his games. I'm not sure where I have "chimed in" on this topic and been incorrect?

Comment

Unfortunately the cap hit we'd take would apparently be enormous if we traded CJ. That being said, he's staying put.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                              Unfortunately the cap hit we'd take would apparently be enormous if we traded CJ. That being said, he's staying put.
                              Curnette estimates 8.03 million, Hobson claims 6-7 million... Either way it's massive.

Comment

An interesting situation, to say the least ...

http://www.thelotd.com/lance/

WOW
                                Jay Glazer, FOX NFL Insider with Jim Rome....on Chad

"It's too late to salvage this. People just don't understand how bad it has gotten. Last year, in a team meeting before a game...coaches asked if anyone had a problem with Chad. Carson Palmer stood up and said, "yea, I have a problem with him". Chad and Carson began arguing. Chad was screaming at Carson in the middle of the room"
                                http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...e-locker-room/

MARVIN WINS BACK THE LOCKER ROOM
                                Posted on April 24, 2008, 6:48 p.m.

As the tug-o-war between the Cincinnati Bengals and receiver Chad Johnson continues with the piece of the rope with the strip of an old T-shirt tied around it not moving from the midpoint between the two sides, the Bengals have scored a major victory among the other players on the team.

Per a league source, coach Marvin Lewis won back the locker room with his Tuesday verbal *****-slapping of Johnson.

“He’s stated without an opportunity to go to a different team and a new contract, he wasn’t going to play,” Lewis said to the media two days ago. “I think he’s a man of his word. He says he’s not going to play, so don’t play.”

It’s a significant development for Lewis, who had gradually squandered the support of the other players by coddling Chad. The low point came in January 2006, when Lewis did nothing in response to Johnson’s halftime meltdown in the locker room.

Regardless of whether Johnson punched Lewis or receivers coach Hue Jackson or Johnson had Jackson in a headlock or Jackson had Johnson in a headlock or the Iron Sheik had Hacksaw Jim Duggan in a sleeper hold, the incident marred the twelve-minute intermission of a playoff game that the Bengals were leading at the end of the second quarter, preventing the team from maximizing the available time to make adjustments aimed at also leading the game at the end of the fourth.

Per the source, one player’s reaction was that Lewis should have gone even farther. “He should have told Chad that he’d pack up his stuff and send it to him,” the player said, “or that he’d just go ahead and send it all to Canton.”
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information