No announcement yet.

LB core (Rivers to WLB)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds about right. In the grand scheme of things it's the best way to go for all involved.

I think Ahmad could be a good MLB but it's a matter of grasping where he's supposed to be plus he's already worked at SLB here. Then of course Odell is best suited for MLB, I think that's the biggest thing. It'd almost be a crime to put him elsewhere.

I know they keep preaching they're not counting on him but given this setup they're anticipating him taking over the starting gig eventually. What a beautiful thing it would be.

Let me also add that Ahmad at SLB is best because then you have Jeanty backing him up. Jeanty would be a great backup and Ahmad has had trouble staying healthy (last year and his last year in college).

EDIT: I'm assuming Ahmad is at 100% now?

Comment

I am hoping he is at 100%. If he is he is beastly. I think Thurman is not at the camps right now. His Grandmother (I think Grandmother might be mother) died or is really sick. I can't remember exactly but he is taking care of that right now. He may surprise us all at training camp and be the starter. In which case I would not want to be facing a Rivers, Thurman, Brooks, LB corp.

Comment

His grandmother's funeral was on Monday but it looks like he is going to be back this week. It's pretty nice to see them move Ahmad to SLB and Dhani inside because it looks like they expect Odell to eventually become the starter at MLB.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Well according to the article on the .com site, Brooks still wasn't 100% with his injury and they had Jeanty most of the snaps. They need to ensure they take their time with getting Brooks back. They can hardly afford him being injured for the whole season at this point...

Comment

yea I saw that too Bmedic. I think if Jeanty and Brooks share time at the spot at the beginning of the season it isnt too bad. Some Brooks is better than no Brooks.

Comment

Ya they need to make sure that he is fully healthy and it looks like they are thus far.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I expect Rivers to do for our LBs what Tatupu did in Seattle, and provide stability so Brooks (providing he stays healthy) and eventually Thurman can make the plays. I hope he'll be our #55 anchor-of-the-defense type for more than a decade, but there are a number of things that need to go right for that to happen. All that said, I'm excited about what he'll bring to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert View Post
                  I expect Rivers to do for our LBs what Tatupu did in Seattle, and provide stability so Brooks (providing he stays healthy) and eventually Thurman can make the plays. I hope he'll be our #55 anchor-of-the-defense type for more than a decade, but there are a number of things that need to go right for that to happen. All that said, I'm excited about what he'll bring to the team.
                  Minus the whole DUI thing though !!!

Comment

Doesn't seem like the type, but then again neither does Tatupu.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I just hope Ahmad stays healthy and he can make the team. Injuries are his biggest problem now.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                        I just hope Ahmad stays healthy and he can make the team. Injuries are his biggest problem now.
                        you and me both. and probably everyone else for that matter ha

worker bees can leave
                        even drones can fly away
                        the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

To tell you the truth, I'm getting to a point where I'm more concerned about Brooks than I am Odell. At least with Odell we know what we are going to get if and when he gets back to that level. With Brooks, we have only seen flashes. I want to see him get healthy and then have some consistency on the field. Having him learn a new LB position isn't in his favor at this point either with the groin hurting and limiting him in practice...

Comment

Originally posted by BengalMedic View Post
                            To tell you the truth, I'm getting to a point where I'm more concerned about Brooks than I am Odell. At least with Odell we know what we are going to get if and when he gets back to that level. With Brooks, we have only seen flashes. I want to see him get healthy and then have some consistency on the field. Having him learn a new LB position isn't in his favor at this point either with the groin hurting and limiting him in practice...
                            I second that! You are entirely right about Brooks and Odell.

Comment

I'd say Brooks was HIGHLY consistent as he only had ONE real game and he was pretty dominant. Pretty high percentage IMO. Kidding aside, I am still concerned about his injuries, they really need to let this thing heal even if it means being out to start the season. Jeanty is no slouch, in fact he's just as good if not BETTER than Ahmad against the run. Ahmad must be healthy because he not only would solidify this defense/lb corps, he has the potential to be the best player on our team on either side of the ball.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

In my eyes Jeanty was our best LB in run defense the past two seasons (that saw the field a decent amount anyway). Let Ahmad sit, however long it takes to get 100% then get those three beasts out there together.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information